Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 3 – Suns At Spurs Game Thread

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Thanks, but I respect your team enough to not assume it's over till it's over. Too much historic pain to get cocky.

That's it! No team has ever come back from 0-3. I wonder what combination of teams would be the most likely for this to happen... And thinking about it, it's just one game in Phoenix before game 7. So if we lose game 4, there's a lot of pressure for game 5.

But saying that, the Suns have just been dominating in those three games, and it's hard to imagine to lose four straight.

Dragic today reminded me of the Bulls games in the mid-nineties. Just give Jordon (err Goran) the ball and let him score. Unbelievable. Being up 3-0 against the Spurs. Wow, wow, wow!

What a great week to be a Suns fan! Now what are San Antonio going to do? They took Amar'e out of the game. Ginobili got it going. They limited Phoenix' fast break and offensive boards.
These guys must feel just a tiny bit desperate right now. :D

Three down, one to go. GO SUNS!!!

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wow........ did not expect this. Down 18 and trailing most of the game, we put up 39 points in the 4th quarter against the Spurs who are desperate to win the game. And we do it all with our bench! Never seen anything like this. This is a complete team, with someone else coming up big in every game. Tonight it was Dragic, scoring 26 points in 17 minutes. Unbelievable. 3-0 lead against the Spurs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow suns unreal win vs the spurs today, I just loved the way Dragic played and Barbosa both played with huge energy just a amazing job!!!!! GREAT WIN SUNS UNREAL WIN BRING IT LAKERS

cly2tw

Reaction score
The win was never in doubt after the half!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game makes me want to sing the Roger Miller song, Chug-A-Lug. :D

Chug-a-lug chug a lug
Make u wanna holla hidy hoe...

Huge win by the Suns. The Suns showed SA fans up close, their bench is not a fluke. Dragic showed his stuff big time and it paid off for Gentry continuing to give Barbosa minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Spurstalk.com

They have called the Suns bench "scrubs" 3 games in a row. F them.

To be fair, a lot of posters over there begrudgingly acknowledged respect for this team even in the first half. I think they saw the writing on the wall when we closed the gap once again while still shooting a low percentage (at the time).

Steve

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm so stoked suns are making up for all the past crap! Wow. This is amazing!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni and his "I'm trying to win championships, not develop players" can eat A BIG FAT DICK. DEVELOPING PLAYERS WINS YOU CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Exactly... he was the main reason we kept on losing playoff series with tired 7-8 players only playing

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what, i missed the entire second half, and figured it was for the best. i turn the game on and it is 107-91 with 1:00 minute left... I just stared at the tv. Wow.

I gotta see this dragic performance, thankfully espn replays game tonight.

lets get lopex healthy. Is WCF pre-scheduled, or if lakers/suns sweep will it start early?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Still nervous as hell though. If any team can choke away a 3-0 lead it would be the Suns. (vs the Spurs.) I think there would be mass suicides if this happened.

And unfortunately, if the Suns pull this out, they'll run into Goliath. The Lakers.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
You know what, i missed the entire second half, and figured it was for the best. i turn the game on and it is 107-91 with 1:00 minute left... I just stared at the tv. Wow.

I gotta see this dragic performance, thankfully espn replays game tonight.

lets get lopex healthy. Is WCF pre-scheduled, or if lakers/suns sweep will it start early?

We are on such a roll right now, I dont know that the time off between series will necesarilly be a good thing.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. Today is just the greatest of days to be a suns fan in a long time.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The way we win it is the confidence we have in the team and particular our defense. We are not relying on any particular person's points any more, this lifts the burden and pressure off our players from LB, Dragic, to Frye, and even JRich.

Amare was rushing it all game with shots but he made up it with defense and assisits, and tower waving in the 4th ;). Nash with energy able to bust the switch on defense made it actually imposssible for them to come back. If not for Manu hitting all the tough shots in the second half, we'd have won it even earlier.

So, happy!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow........ did not expect this. Down 18 and trailing most of the game, we put up 39 points in the 4th quarter against the Spurs who are desperate to win the game. And we do it all with our bench! Never seen anything like this. This is a complete team, with someone else coming up big in every game. Tonight it was Dragic, scoring 26 points in 17 minutes. Unbelievable. 3-0 lead against the Spurs.

:thumbup:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Still nervous as hell though. If any team can choke away a 3-0 lead it would be the Suns. (vs the Spurs.) I think there would be mass suicides if this happened.

And unfortunately, if the Suns pull this out, they'll run into Goliath. The Lakers.
Not this Suns team... have you been watching the playoffs?

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Props to Barbosa for showing up tonight. He is going to be an important piece when we play the Lakers

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson