Playoff roster change

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Playoff roster change

Suns coach Frank Johnson made a last-minute adjustment to the team's playoff roster for the best-of-seven series against San Antonio that opens on Saturday by adding 6-2 guard Randy Brown and removing forward Dan Langhi from the list.

Brown, an 11-year veteran, played in 32 games during the regular season, while the 6-11 Langhi, a two-year pro from Vanderbilt, played in 60.

"I did it from an experience standpoint," Johnson said. "I also like his ball handling and the defensive pressure Randy offers."

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That was a crazy move. Dan could have been big help of the bench for Marion for rest or foul trouble. O-Well we needed Brown also.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I feel bad for Langhi. Who is going to back up Marion?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
It is probably a good move. Actually it is a good move, and for once it makes sense. Brown has 3 rings, and tons of playoff experience. I do not know anything about his individual play throught the post season, but I assume he will be able to handle the pressure a lot better then langhi will be able to. Plus he is a very good defender, someone that can be thrown out there to give people headaches, the guy will jump on the ground for anything. Even if he doesnt play, I agree with the move.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
Who is going to back up Marion?

I don't expect Marion to get much time on the bench. :p

I like the move. Langhi makes me nervous out there. He doesn't match up well against anyone on the Spurs I can think of.

Brown brings experience and hustle.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
True Chaz. I guess Penny or Johnson can spot Marion the 2 mpg that he is going to rest. ;)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Marion sees a lot of time at PF anyway these days, thanks to the "new and improved" small ball lineup of Stoudemire/Marion/Johnson/Hardaway/Marbury. So that means his backup is Outlaw.

sunsfn

Reaction score
The playoffs are a tougher game than the season and the suns think they need to give marbury a breather now and then and do not want to do that with Penny or JJ I guess.

A couple plays can change a game and I think they want a true point guard taking care of the ball when Marbury is out.

I have also thought that with the many point guards in this years draft that is where the suns may go.
Even though, if they draft a point guard he will not get much playing time, but they may not be able to pass up the best player available at that time and that may be a point guard??

:thumbup:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think we may end up with a problem like Nash and KJ a few years back. I say Marbury is are PG for the future he is young and strong leader. Lets make sure he knows that. I might not mind having Randy back next year if the draft provides us with a back up SF or C. Zako Zako Zako :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson