Playoff Picture 2021

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would not worry about Panthers right now. Got Bills, Bucs x 2 & Saints to end season

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we win our next two, not only are we in the playoffs, but we clinch the division with a Rams and San Francisco lose in there as well..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we win our next two, not only are we in the playoffs, but we clinch the division.

We have 6 games left and a 2 game lead in the division. Winning those two would give us at least a 3 game lead over the Rams, plus the tie breaker for sweeping them. There is also a way we clinch a playoff stop next week.

You must be registered for see images attach
We probably can only afford a loss to the Colts, if at all, if we want that #1 seed or 2).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And neither do we. Going to get caught in tiebreakers if we don't.
If all 3 lose one game then we still don't need tiebreakers. I guess you expect us to lose at least two. Could happen...

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If all 3 lose one game then we still don't need tiebreakers. I guess you expect us to lose at least two. Could happen...
I'm not even confident Bucs/Pack will even lose 1 more.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don’t think the cards lose more than once either as long as K1 plays.

Hell yeah.

Arizona won't exactly be trotting out the Sisters of the Poor to play against the likes of Dallas or Indy. Neither team's defense is as good as ours. With K1 starting and healthy, we have as good a chance to run the table as GB.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switch to decaf, AJ. Always so aggressive.
I didn't intend to come off that way. My bad. Honest attempt at joshing you, since I think you would not make a big bet on that.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Bucs definitely have the easiest schedule left. They essentially only have one remaining game they could lose (Bills).

And so far their schedule has been a cake walk. They’ve played two quality opponents and split them (Dallas & Rams)

15-2 is very realistic for them.

So to lock up the #1 seed I think the Cards are legitimately going to have to go at least 15-2 and hope we have tiebreakers over Tampa.
Yeah this is why the Panthers loss hurts so much and could keep the Cardinals out of the 1st seed.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah this is why the Panthers loss hurts so much and could keep the Cardinals out of the 1st seed.

Man we freaking ran into a buzz saw in that game. We had no chance that Sunday. None.

We were flat as pancake, and they looked like they just drank 50 red bulls. The Cam Newton effect.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't intend to come off that way. My bad. Honest attempt at joshing you, since I think you would not make a big bet on that.

Don’t worry dude. I was just razzing you back. And I wouldn’t spend my own money on them running the table... but I’d be tempted for a five gamer if I got one of those freebies.

But this is how it should be folks. Most years, the 1 seed is either 14-2 or 13-3. You gotta be excellent to get the 1 and so far this season, we’ve been pretty damn close. We’ll have to continue being so to get that coveted bye and HFA.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Looking at the schedules I see AZ and GB finishing with the same record. The 2-seed would play the 7-seed (currently LA). I think they stay there given their schedule. I expect both west teams to get a wild card spot.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because Tampa won today I favor them to get the #1 seed (their remaining schedule is pathetic).

I actually think we still finish ahead of GB. I think they will finish 1 game worse than us.

AZ may legitimately need to run the table to get the bye. I think at worse they can only afford to lose 1 game and have a shot at it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's obvious taunting on Devonta Freeman but zero call.

It's why you can't make taunting a penalty

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
After this weekend it became quite clear the Cards need to win their remaining games. They have the best personnel. They need to avoid crippling injuries; game plan to the opponent, not just what they like to do; and stay focused on executing. If you’re better than your opponents, it’s your golden ticket to lose.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose