Playoff Picture 2021

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
So standings say cards playoff is 100%, I remember the 3008 collapse, and then re inserting edge last game against Seattle and the playoff run, right before 10 run attempts in the super bowl loss.stupid whisenhunt

THESMEL

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
It did then I clicked link posted and says 99.9

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008 was a lifetime ago.....

Let.It.Go

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea butt - play caller has the same tendacies

I'm not a stat guy, but I'm sure someone here could prove otherwise based on this year. Run/pass percentage is much more balanced now.

However, I don't want to argue the point with you.

Just.Let.It.Go

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It did then I clicked link posted and says 99.9
We can't clinch the postseason this week but by next sunday if:

1. Seahawks lose to Washington today
2. we beat the bears
3. the 49ers lose to the seahawks or Bengal
3. Saints lose to the Cowboys or Jets
4. Washington loses to the Raiders and Cowboys
5. Giants lose to Dolphins or Chargers
6. Falcons lose to the Bucs
7. Panthers lose to Falcons next week
or Vikings loose to Lions and Steelers

But as soon as we beat 2 teams we are 100% in the postseason. So basically win the next 2 and you are 100% in the postseason, the next 3 and you have won the NFC West. For the bye week, that is up to winning out as long as GB wins. If GB loses 2 we can lose 2 as well. But Bye week is nice, but I'm not sure if we need one if Kyler and Hop had 4 weeks of.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score

2. we beat the bears

But as soon as we beat 2 teams we are 100% in the postseason. So basically win the next 2 and you are 100% in the postseason, the next 3 and you have won the NFC West. For the bye week, that is up to winning out as long as GB wins. If GB loses 2 we can lose 2 as well. But Bye week is nice, but I'm not sure if we need one if Kyler and Hop had 4 weeks of.
Yes, I don’t see any clinching scenarios yet for Week 13, even if we get to 10 wins with a win over Chicago and all the other teams behind us lose.

If we concede spots for GB, TB, DAL, LAR, and SF, that still leaves two spots. No matter what happens through next week, MIN, ATL, NO, and CRL could each still get to 10 wins. Those teams in the NFC South still have to play each other again, so only ONE of them would be able to get to 10 wins (still assuming none of them win in Week 13). Even though we beat MIN head-to-head, the Vikings would have the best conference record in a three-way tie with us and any of ATL/NO/CRL, and would take the sixth seed (H2H wouldn’t apply since no team swept or got swept by the others). The remaining NFC South team would take the seventh seed over us (Panthers on H2H, Saints on conference record, Falcons on common games).

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, I don’t see any clinching scenarios yet for Week 13, even if we get to 10 wins with a win over Chicago and all the other teams behind us lose.

If we concede spots for GB, TB, DAL, LAR, and SF, that still leaves two spots. No matter what happens through next week, MIN, ATL, NO, and CRL could each still get to 10 wins. Those teams in the NFC South still have to play each other again, so only ONE of them would be able to get to 10 wins (still assuming none of them win in Week 13). Even though we beat MIN head-to-head, the Vikings would have the best conference record in a three-way tie with us and any of ATL/NO/CRL, and would take the sixth seed (H2H wouldn’t apply since no team swept or got swept by the others). The remaining NFC South team would take the seventh seed over us (Panthers on H2H, Saints on conference record, Falcons on common games).
I have done all scenarios with a playoff calculator, and basically as soon as you win two you are sure in. Or above stated is happening, which is very unlikely that all teams lose exactly how you need them to lose.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
maybe not the best to to have credible rumors they’re dumping their QB at season’s end.
And who they try next? They don't have any #1 round pick in the next 3 years, so nobody will trade them one. Russel Wilson, Watson or Rodgers aren't getting traded for nothing. And else I only see eventually Baker Mayfield hitting maybe the market and I don't know if Baker is really better than Stafford. So who they want to start?

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I have done all scenarios with a playoff calculator, and basically as soon as you win two you are sure in. Or above stated is happening, which is very unlikely that all teams lose exactly how you need them to lose.
If we get to 11 wins, WSH, NO, ATL, and MIN could still catch us. I believe we would still need for three of those four to lose once to make it official (or just two of those four to lose if they are ATL and NO — the tie-breaker is more in our favor if it ends up with WSH/ARI/MIN or DAL/ARI/MIN with WSH winning the East).

By winning the next two, we would clinch the West with a loss by LAR to JAX plus a loss by SF to SEA or CIN.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We already have a thread for this.

Cardinals could clinch the division the following week.

Mods, can we please merge?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2. we beat the bears

That's not correct, we can clinch the division with wins over the Bears and Rams and if the Ram lose against the Jagaurs. We would have a 4 game lead over the Rams with the tie breaker after that with 4 to play. That would give us the division.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
That's not correct, we can clinch the division with wins over the Bears and Rams and if the Ram lose against the Jagaurs. We would have a 4 game lead over the Rams with the tie breaker after that with 4 to play. That would give us the division.
The Niners would have to lose once as well.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m doing a bit more work on this and now see more fully how your scenario would play out, where winning the next two would clinch the playoffs, at least a wildcard. Short version at the bottom.

Should the Cards win the next two, SF and LAR would each have 5 losses and would both lose all tie-breakers to us. They play each other in Week 18 and so the loser would drop behind us. The only way BOTH would jump us is if they tied to both go 11-5-1 to our 11-6.

Even should this happen, SF still plays ATL, and the loser would be unable to catch us (a tie doesn’t change it). Also, LA plays MIN, so same thing there.

Dallas and Washington still play twice and so even if WSH wins out, giving DAL two more losses, we are still protected since Dallas plays NO (giving one of them their 7th loss).

TL/DR: I believe you are correct. Win the next two and we are in at least as a wildcard. The help we would’ve needed from WSH/MIN/NO/ATL would have been satisfied, else DAL/SF/LAR would’ve dropped behind us.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
In light of the above, I’m going to rework a few things . . . There might be a clinching scenario for next week (Week 13) after all.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope murray poff run is special!!! Will be intresting

Also any chance watt back for poffs? That that was posted not long ago

THESMEL

Reaction score
ok I just got all excited when cbs wrongly posted it 100% - I pasted the link, it said different on test. I posted the page that said it at first,

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like even if we beat Chicago and catch ALL the breaks in Week 13, we can still be left out. A WSH losss to Seattle tonight would require a Rams/49ers draw in Week 18. A WSH win over Seattle tonight opens up a few other elimination scenarios without ties.

Some of us like to fire off a victory cigar once the playoffs are mathematically official. The soonest I believe that will be possible will be Week 14.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose