Playoff Picture 2021

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like the final 2 playoff spots will have a lot of competition and unless someone in the top 5 falls off, there will be a battle for the top seed.

We have the 3rd highest Strength of Schedule and the second highest Strength of Victory!

Also, 4 of our 7 wins are teams in the playoffs as of today! Beating Green Bay is big and thankfully we'llbe at home in the short week!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How crazy is this? I don't know whether this is unique or I just haven't paid attention before due to our record not being this good since 1974.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Green Bay in January is somewhere you'd rather not be. Packers have the equivalent of six byes in their division games. They own Chicago and Detroit and beat the Vikings more often than not.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for fun, in the scenario that we and the Rams both finish 16-1, here are the tie breakers.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How crazy is this? I don't know whether this is unique or I just haven't paid attention before due to our record not being this good since 1974.

Yeah I asked about that last week. Crazy to have that many teams with one or fewer losses going into week 8.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Just for fun, in the scenario that we and the Rams both finish 16-1, here are the tie breakers.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
In a tie at 16-1 with LA, it would come down to “Strength of Victory” with Arizona having wins over Dallas/Carolina/Cleveland and the Rams having wins over NYG/TampaBay/Baltimore as the only differences (non-common games). The tie-breaker would go to the team whose trio of non-common victims has the better combined record. If that is still tied, it goes to #7 on the list.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Crazy to think that we have 10 more games and only need to win 1 more to match last years total wins.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bucs definitely have the easiest schedule left. They essentially only have one remaining game they could lose (Bills).

And so far their schedule has been a cake walk. They’ve played two quality opponents and split them (Dallas & Rams)

15-2 is very realistic for them.

So to lock up the #1 seed I think the Cards are legitimately going to have to go at least 15-2 and hope we have tiebreakers over Tampa.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Bucs definitely have the easiest schedule left. They essentially only have one remaining game they could lose (Bills).

And so far their schedule has been a cake walk. They’ve played two quality opponents and split them (Dallas & Rams)

15-2 is very realistic for them.

So to lock up the #1 seed I think the Cards are legitimately going to have to go at least 15-2 and hope we have tiebreakers over Tampa.
Of course upsets do happen. However, if the Bucs’ only remaining loss is to Buffalo, the bad news is that at 15-2, one of our losses would have to be against the Colts (our only remaining AFC game) to have any chance of winning the tie-breaker against Tampa Bay. Otherwise, our presumed two losses would both be in the NFC, dooming us in the conference-games tie-breaker.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My only thoughts involve if going undefeated, would we be considered the best team of all time? I truly believe, if so, we would have bragging rights forever.

I know, long way to go yet. But taking it one game at a time, it isn't totally out of the question.

The Cards are favored in each particular game the rest of the regular season. And if you hurry and bet $100 on them going undefeated, you will win $6500, according to the current odds. But that will go down considerably with each win. Even if you only bet $10, at those odds today you would win $650.

I don't know who is offering those odds, for I just read it in a current article which stated that it was posted in the last 24 hours.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well it’s still win our division first, obstacles are things you see when you take your eye off the goal. Already pretty tested this year, can we maintain it? I think so, acutually think we can win with colt if Kyler goes down, team is better rounded overall. But the run stats are a lot of clean up, need some more smash mouth early for amy other an.

Reaction score

And at this juncture, not a single AFC team with less than 2 losses!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course upsets do happen. However, if the Bucs’ only remaining loss is to Buffalo, the bad news is that at 15-2, one of our losses would have to be against the Colts (our only remaining AFC game) to have any chance of winning the tie-breaker against Tampa Bay. Otherwise, our presumed two losses would both be in the NFC, dooming us in the conference-games tie-breaker.
Yeah I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I think before conference games the tiebreaker comes down to your record vs common opponents. Since they lost to the Rams and we beat the Rams, that definitely gives us a leg up at the moment.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I think before conference games the tiebreaker comes down to your record vs common opponents. Since they lost to the Rams and we beat the Rams, that definitely gives us a leg up at the moment.
Record against common opponents comes before conference record in tie-breakers only when breaking ties between teams within the same division. When breaking ties between teams from different divisions, conference record comes before common games.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest. Surprised to see the Patriots, Steelers snd Falcons in there.