Phone unlock

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm going to be traveling out of the US and want to be able to use my phone. I've been to a couple places in Mexico and Verizon supports it no problem there.

What I've been reading is that my phone has to be unlocked so I can buy a SIM card where I'm going and just change it out. I've seen some apps that say they'll unlock it but there's so many scams out there I'm not sure.

Maybe I can fumble thru changing SIM card by watching YouTube or something...

Galaxy S6

As usual I have no clue what I'm doing... Help/advise please.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if it can connect to a gsm network it'll work. Talk to Verizon about an international plan while you're out of country. Usually data is the biggest cost. Just remember to go back to standard when you get back. I think i paid an additional $25 or so for it.

if you're going to be using it a lot then yes you can swap the sim if the phone is unlocked. I wouldn't trust an app only.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

edit: Verizon's G6 is an international phone and unlocked.

looks pretty easy too http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1074411

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BillsCarnage,

Hey thanks for the info. It was easier than I thought. I decided not to go the SIM card route. I was reluctant to call Verizon because I thought they might rip me off. But since my cell phone is a business plan I have for my company they gave me a fair deal. $10 a day for any day I use it and it has my unlimited calling and data plan that's already in place.

Thanks for your help!

I love ASFN!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn