(((((((((cardinals Pride 2009)))))))))))

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
CARDINALS PRIDE 2009.Do WE have IT??? We will ALL know after the end of tomorrows SHOWDOWN at qwest field with the seahawks.

After just falling short in the 43RD Superbowl in Tampa the CARDINALS are facing the so called SB losers jinx,the so called qwest field jinx that was broken only once last season while Baldy was'nt playing and many wide recievers were hurt,The newness of having On The Job Training of being a head Coach and also the Offensive Coordinator for Coach Whiz and also bringing your Linebackers coach up to be the head Defensive Coordinator who has held this position before with another team and did not succeed.

We have'nt added the run mix yet this year for a full game yet.We have done it for a few series that ended in touchdowns but not kept doing it for a full game YET this season.We have a rookie that isn't known for his blocking or catching of the ball but is suppose to be elusive and can move a pile if he gets enough carries he is suppose to be able to eventually break one for over 20 yards at least.

Well our UPGRADE at running back in 2009 missed the full OTA schedule and when he finally showed up for practice after missing one or two to begin with due to his contract he got his ankle rolled up and has missed many opportunities to practice and learn the offense that is very complex when it comes to blocking schemes and pass protections with the CARDINALS high octane offense.

Beanie personally feels slighted and that he would or could have done more by now to help the team but the Head Coach makes the decisions IF you put the ball on the ground once or twice a game if you are gonna play or not the next game and how much.

T.Hightower has unexpectedly put the ball on the ground in a major Sunday night game that was leading to a 7 point score for sure.THIS TEAM CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THE BALL.The 2009 CARDINALS seem to freak out when they lose the ball.I don't know if anyone points fingers but it takes a lot for the team to get back to where they were mentally coming into the game.A fresh mental outlook.

I don't know if the rumors of perfection that some have of our offense are true but it looks like the offense expects more of itself by this time in the season and the first game is still weighing on their minds,although the season is a very long one and the Western Division is always open till the end.

I would say every week is the biggest game of the season as a CLICHE',but this being a major ROAD RIVAL that has held the Western Division Title for 4 years before the CARDINALS took it away from them at qwest field last season,makes this the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR.Its so quiet on both fronts unlike any game I've seen prepared for in two seasons.No One wants to give the other team bulliten board material.Everyone is saying the right things and showing full respect while they are both planning on shutting down the opponents quarterback as both teams throw the ball to win games.

Both teams have excellent recievers and the seahawks recievers are having a very good start to this year while missing Baldy for 2 games thusfar.Housh..... wants more throws and catches as this would be his slowest start in many a year from where he comes from with the Bengals history.Burleson also wants as many balls and is doing himself very proud in being a great route runner and showing good hands in tight places and getting good RAC after the catch.

Carlson the tight end is not up to his per season catch level as he is an awesome weapon as a tight end but he has been held back to protect the quarterback and his blindside with the team now on its 4th starting left tackle off the practice squad and normally plays on the right side.The team has also signed a vet and added another player to the practice squad at the offensive tackle position.Williams sprained his knee last week but still played 3 quarters on it and will start tomorrow and also at guard 2 different people will rotate in and out due to injury also.

I would expect the seahawks to still employ their no-huddle offense to try and keep pass rushers winded and keep the opponent from substituting players as the CARDINALS LIVE to do so on defense to keep any form of a pass rush fresh.Not having our second round pick at DE/OLB Cody Brown is just now starting to hurt the team in expectations of having young,speedy,fresh legs to go after the quarterback.We now have to use schemes and planned stunts,twists,all out blitz packages to try to confuse and HURRY AT LEAST the opposing quarterbacks we play.

Having the 32nd pass defense in the league is embarrassing.Yes we've played some already high ranking qb's before they played us but everyone has had their best game against us also.THATS NOT GOOD.Now we play a very talented leader of the seahawks who has a quick release and also will run the ball on you as he did last week with his slides and I feel like he's over his rib inury pretty much.Unless we can get a direct HIT!

Last week we had an extention by the league to sell out the NEST for a record amount of times since it opened and I can honestly see the FANS of the CARDINALS not sell out the stadium in two weeks after this game tomorrow if we don't win at qwest field.The fans are now used to a team that WINS and is in DA' HUNT as they say.

Personally I think the run gets mixed in tomorrow pretty good and the first round pick of the seahawks is a manchild at MLB,and will be a major factor in how well we succeed in blocking him and getting past him into the secondary with any runs.When you have a VERY BAD season you get a shot at players like Aaron Curry to join your team and make you better with a 5 star player.One starting CB has missed all week of practice due to the death of his father and being away all week.Yet he will start.

The CARDINALS team is and has been growing week to week in some way shape or form.None has made the CARDINALS fans really too happy in any game yet though.Execution has to be high for this team to be successfull.That means the offensive line makes everything GO!!!If the offensive line isn't giving Kurt time to check down or opening holes that will be asked of it tomorrow MANY more times than any game this year so far.Especially due to the uproar of last weeks second half.

I expect a shootout and maybe the team with the ball last will win the game.I hope the seahawk fans bring an extra pair of lungs for this game.We CAN'T HAVE((A)) TURNOVER OR PENALTIES to win this game.It only incites the crowd more also.WE MUST GET TURNOVERS like we caused last season once more this season.ITS TIME!!!.We also need to get back our RED ZONE SCORING % we HAD LAST SEASON.Maybe better play calls inside the 10?Use our best guy jumping for the ball over the smallish seattle defenders is one major way I'd go.

We got Ben Patrick back after a 4 week suspension and it looks like he's been laying on the couch for a month so don't expect anything major out of him this Sunday.It would have been nice if he had been busting it in a weightroom somewhere to be a better blocker for us at least.Kearney gets his old job back as he gets his first start in a while after his groin injury.While Tapp backs him up and is playing well as also a rookie behind him returned a fumble for a td last week also.So they have no shortage of pass rushers on the seahawks side of the ball.

The CARDINALS must expect SOME production out of Okeafor,Haggins,Berry as they attempt to get to Baldy before he throws the ball.As the CARDINALS are rated #1 in run defense I don't see anyone to be scared of on the seattle team.Jones,Edge,Forsett are lesser runners than we've seen so far this year behind the weakest offensive line we will have seen so far this year.

Adrian Wilson who recieved a new contract with the CARDINALS that will probably keep him a CARDINAL for life is now OVERDUE for a MAJOR BREAKOUT GAME and with some kind of GAME CHANGING PLAY OR TWO.A-Dub and Baldy have a history already.As Baldy thought a fine would come down on Wilson last year for his hits on Baldy.NONE CAME but an apology came.Wilson needs to get to him before he SLIDES this time around.

The seattle team also likes to run a Seneca Wallace type of wildcat play or two during the game that we I'm sure have at least studied film on.

Have we added any plays to the playbook this week with Beanie recieveing the BALL? Can we get Beanie one on one with a LB with the BALL?These are things you would have thought we would have accomplished by now if you think back to draft day.We all know things take time.This would be the WEEK for that kind of play to happen.I'm sure Hightower will get his share of catches and possibly we'll throw the screen play to Fitz or Boldin to try and slow down the pass rush once again this week.

The only player not playing this week is Spach who got hurt last week and we are'nt using our tight ends on this team as other teams are using theirs and with success as a weapon.I'm not even sure we have one I'd bring in to pass block over an extra offensive lineman.It might be time for KEITH OR HERMAN JOHNSON to see the field this week.Maybe a slight stir would cause a major kick in the ARSE of the guys who went to last years Superbowl and are only one year older.Sendlein is healthier than last year but must play Mebane this week who will be a major challenge for him.

Personally I'm dissapointed in COACH GRIMM.I being an offensive lineman for 9 years have lived with the same things this CARDINALS team has dealt with this season on running too much or not running enough.Are we too finesse is it just technique failures or are we just not PUSHING OUR WILL ON THE OTHER PLAYER LIKE WE ARE CAPABLE OF DOING?????

I think Coach Grimm is either too distracted with other duties when his offensive line is PURE OFFENSIVE with the stats posted in another thread it shows them allowing more pressure and hits on the quarterback than we even had last season,and that was WAY too many.Its a wonder we don't lead the league in sacks against Warner.Yet everyone who is'nt a major fan of Kurts says he holds the ball too long to try and make a play.I'd say if given the time the average quarterback is given Warner would be tied with Manning for yardage and completion percentage.

Last week Matt Ware came back from his injury and showed he can still tackle as he seemed to learn something in the off season that he showed in the second pre-season game as he led he team in tackles and made himself a place on the 2009 team ahead of rookie #3 Rashad Johnson from Alabama.If we can get Johnson and Toler a very interesting CB who can hit but is still learning the big boys game and does'nt take the risks DRC did and still does we may have a chance of slowing down Housh & Burleson tomorrow.

I'd love to know how this weeks practice went and if we REALLY gave some new guys a chance to step up and ADD to this Offense & Defense.We've got to grow every week to be the new improved 2009 version of the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

It won't take a perfect game but the one that every player on the CARDINALS team has been waiting all year to deliver.The CHARACTER will come from the head coach.Facing odds from a very tough place to play and fans that are'nt willing to commit yet to this years version of the CARDINALS.I EXPECT A DEEP CARDINAL PRIDE TO LEAD THIS TEAM TO VICTORY AND IMPROVEMENT TOMORROW.HOW IS YOUR CARDINALS PRIDE FOR 2009?:DI think we have the TALENT TO DO IT!I worry about Adjustments on 'D' a little but this is the bigtime and we moved on past Clancy Pendergast.We needed too.Maybe Coach Davis can add to his arsenal of plays and use his playmakers MORE tomorrow.I'm counting on IT!:D

If you've read this far you're a REAL CARDINALS FAN and you have no need to question yourself.You're as hungry as I am for this BIG WIN tomorrow.We'll be there as ONE IN THE SPIRIT TOMORROW!:D

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I will let you know tomorrow how my Cardinal Pride is. Your post pretty well sums up everything we need to do to come away with a victory. WE CAN DO IT!! Go Cards!!!!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is because Doug is in fact MITCH. Make no mistake about this. Don't understand why he is posting under two names????

haha, I've thought that on a few occasions. The "love everyone, you guys are so friggin awesome" version of Mitch.

:)

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The CARDINALS did everything I could have imagined today.They even played so well on defense I lost my only Billion dollars I had betting on the over.I thought the seahags could at least score.We held them to like 15 yards rushing.Plus Baldy only had just over 100 yards passing with those two awesome recievers and an awesome tightend and he got his interception too.

All this after every channel in America picked straight across the board seahags would beat us for sure.Twice in two weeks for Bradshaw.LMAO

This is the defense we will need to bring to New York next week to shut them down also.IT CAN BE DONE.We are a road MONSTER this year.

I hope the seahags enjoyed the 41 points they put up last week on the Jags.Maybe they can give the western division some class:D.WE OWN qwest FIELD NOW!!!!ITS OURS BABY...

Anyone want to spot me the Billion dollars I lost on picking the over?I promise not to bet it all next week on beating the giants just about 1/4 of it in the right places.

I LOVE THE CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:DWe can beat anyone if Levi Brown gets his head out of his arse.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We can beat anyone if Levi Brown gets his head out of his arse.

Or the Coach makes good on his promise "The best players will play". #75 isn't any better than Keith or Big Herm, no way in hell. Time for a change Wiz!!!

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bet it wisely Doug. ;)

Thanks O you rich few are awesome.It makes it so much more fun to win.I won't be so cocky about the seahags ability to ever score on us again.Not even at Qwest field after they put up a 41 to 0 shutout.I'm sure Vegas won a bunch on that one today.

WE WILL BE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS.THE SB CURSE IS DEAD!!!!