PFT report: No way Cards take on Petersons current salary

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals didn't free up 10 mill for nothing. There is a deal to be had somewhere. The Carson Palmer redeal really messes the team up in 2 years. Carson goes to a 22 mill cap hit. I sure as heck don't hope that Keim did this 'thinking' he could get something done. If he did he shot off his nose...(you know the rest)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Yea we freed up cap space for somthing. Nobody is talking but I think we're going hot and heavy for AP

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cardinals didn't free up 10 mill for nothing. There is a deal to be had somewhere. The Carson Palmer redeal really messes the team up in 2 years. Carson goes to a 22 mill cap hit. I sure as heck don't hope that Keim did this 'thinking' he could get something done. If he did he shot off his nose...(you know the rest)

Well we needed that money anyway. The Cards are around 8M under the cap and the rookie pool is nearly 5. That leaves a few mil to fill out the roster. Palmer restructuring doesn't them going after a big fish.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we needed that money anyway. The Cards are around 8M under the cap and the rookie pool is nearly 5. That leaves a few mil to fill out the roster. Palmer restructuring doesn't them going after a big fish.

Iirc, rookie pool already factored in.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Iirc, rookie pool already factored in.

yep

The 10 mill is for free spending now

They have to subtract 3 mill from that as working capital once the season starts...they keep that in the safe for injury replacements. So they are more in the ball park of playing with 7 mill this season prior to the season starting

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
yep

They have to subtract 3 mill from that as working capital once the season starts...they keep that in the safe for injury replacements. So they are more in the ball park of playing with 7 mill this season prior to the season starting

Where are you seeing 10m available so I can find an accurate site?

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yep

Iupati's contract details haven't come through yet either.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap/

My guess is Iupati's contract might be getting reworked to make room for AP? Iupati's first year might be something similar to Suh's with Miami, but a lower signing bonus. This will allow them to have $7mill +/- for AP's restructure.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Iupati's contract details haven't come through yet either.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap/

My guess is Iupati's contract might be getting reworked to make room for AP? Iupati's first year might be something similar to Suh's with Miami, but a lower signing bonus. This will allow them to have $7mill +/- for AP's restructure.

Darren Urban @Cardschatter ·
According to @Jason_OTC, cap numbers for new #AZCardinals G Mike Iupati: 2015 - $6.7M; 2016 - $5.7M; 2017, '18, '19 - $9.2M each year.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Darren Urban @Cardschatter ·
According to @Jason_OTC, cap numbers for new #AZCardinals G Mike Iupati: 2015 - $6.7M; 2016 - $5.7M; 2017, '18, '19 - $9.2M each year.
Ah cool. OTC has it. He has a $4mil roster bonus that could be converted if needed, right?

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must not have heard that thread blows....
You blow. You're just mad you didn't get a pic with AP in the airport. You're like one of those garden gnomes dude, popping up behind garbage cans and trees and latrines in France.