Per Suns: Devin Booker has a Mild hamstring strain. No time table on return at this time

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The series is now a coin flip
It’s much closer but it’s not a coin flip. We should still be the favorites. Game 5 is 6 days from now. Given what we know, I'd say there is a good chance that he'll be back by then. It will be interesting to see if Book travels to NO with the team or stays in Phoenix.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still soooooo bummed on gm2 if book stays in its a w imo but oh well....

Get healthy and lead suns to a openin poff round book mrcp3 will help all he can while rehabin...

420 puff to gl in gm 3 and healthy dbook :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to finish this quick no messing around now.

Utah and Dallas might be a long series and we are going to need the rest

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here. Game 3 is a must win to allow Booker time to rest. If we lose game 3 then I expect to see him play game 4. That doesn't mean he'll be 100% but he's not going to sit back and allow us to fall down 1-3 and be on the brink of elimination. I expect him back by game 5 if we win game 3.

If we can steal both games in New Orleans then he might just wait until the second round to return. Win for Booker's sake.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That reads to me like "it's possible" but is sure doesn't sound like you can count on it. Man, I would likely say he is out for the next two minimum. Maybe Game 5 if it's a must win? If we win the next two maybe we don't see him until Game 6 and Monty tries to see if they can seal the deal without him in Game 5 (one of those he is available if we need him type scenarios).

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the very least it’s a positive that it’s not the same leg/hammy that it was before. They will be careful but hopefully not to the point of losing the series! I have a terrible feeling last year was our shot with GS out of it and we were on a roll. Hopefully this team is not feeling the pressure of being the favorite because the first two games haven’t been great even though we won the first. Crowder needs to wtf up or sit he has been atrocious, Payne needs to sit for Holiday if he can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Not sure what the hell Monte is doing with his rotation it’s strange to say the least. Why bother going deep in the bench all year to prepare guys but then leave them parked on the bench?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Dallas can beat a full strength Utah with no Luka this collection of top NBA talent can certainly win one for Booker.

And if the Suns can't win without Booker then they weren't going to win the title this year anyways.

I know Booker is the backbone of this team but we won 2 without CP3 against a much better Clippers team last year. I think that task was more daunting than what's before them now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And if the Suns can't win without Booker then they weren't going to win the title this year anyways.

I know Booker is the backbone of this team but we won 2 without CP3 against a much better Clippers team last year. I think that task was more daunting than what's before them now.
That's a good point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Booker will miss games 3 and 4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we continue to play defense like we did last night...then this series is a coin flip.

I think this is an optimistic take unless the Suns can stop the bleeding on defense and on the boards.

They haven't shown they can do this except for the first half of game 1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That reads to me like "it's possible" but is sure doesn't sound like you can count on it. Man, I would likely say he is out for the next two minimum. Maybe Game 5 if it's a must win? If we win the next two maybe we don't see him until Game 6 and Monty tries to see if they can seal the deal without him in Game 5 (one of those he is available if we need him type scenarios).
Personally I think he’s out for at least games 3-5. When is the last time any of you can recall someone coming back from a hammy sooner rather than later?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best road record in the nba is going to be put to the test.

It certainly will be a test. I'm more concerned about how the Suns have been playing than the results on the scoreboard.

I haven't seen worse defense and rebounding from the Suns all season. It's like the team has peaked and is heading down the other side of the mountain.

Monty has his work cut out for him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think he’s out for at least games 3-5. When is the last time any of you can recall someone coming back from a hammy sooner rather than later?
Well, I've heard of too soon, is that close enough?

Our best chance lies with Devin returning fully healed for game one of the next series. If we need him before then, we're likely toast.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson