2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? What do we need to accomplish this season?

You can’t force impact players.

Mods can someone freeze K9's account, he seems to have been hacked.

He normally spends all him time moaning about how we only got X number of wins, how the roster sucks and how we need to improve and win more games.

Whoever hacked him seems to be suggesting next season is lost, we don;t need more wins and the team doesn't need immediate impact starters out of round 1.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mine is the more the type of high motor coachable and yes he is between those two players Dockett was a 290lb guy and Calais was a Ed Too tall Jones type Now lets just hope he has a career as good as all those player's
Now for my real Kudo's actually go to the Front office and Coaching staff for Identifying "Their Guys" and not reaching for the Next Hidden Gem only to Bust a year or two later AND REALLY NOT JUMPING ON THE LATEST "WE GOTTA HAVE A QB BECAUSE WE DIDNT DRAFT THE LAST GUY" which seems to be the rage these days

But that’s what this seems like a reach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree. Robinson is solid fundamentally. He looks like he will help right away in both the run and pass.

I think both Newton and Dejean will be on the board at 35 - although I really doubt we would draft Newton now.

"Solid fundamentally" is the football version of "Good personality".

It's what fans say when trying to convince themselves a new player is actually good.

I don't see Robinson having the immediate impact either Newton or DeJean could have, and I'd rather have the 5th year option on one of them as I think both have higher ceilings. You can easily argue Robinson would be there at #35 had we taken Newton or DeJean.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
But that’s what this seems like a reach
Understandable but Listening and reading what Gannon said about him saying he plays with "violence" and is violent on the field seems to point to a Serious New attitude that the Powers to be are looking for a Aggressiveness we havent seen since the Dockett and Campbell days its Very Refreshing IMHO

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's what fans say when trying to convince themselves a new player is actually good.

I don't see Robinson having the immediate impact either Newton or DeJean could have, and I'd rather have the 5th year option on one of them as I think both have higher ceilings. You can easily argue Robinson would be there at #35 had we taken Newton or DeJean.
And right now you can easily argue either of those two will be there? So not sure I’m understanding that logic?

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score

The way things are looking right now one of two will be there at 35 (Newton) Please

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If you think Newton is a better prospect than Robinson, I understand your feelings. I just don't believe Newton is better. In terms of immediate impact, Robinson should have every opportunity to get on the field. He doesn't have much blocking him.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of spending a first round pick on a tweener who shot up draft boards at the Senior Bowl after 5 years in college. In the mid rounds, sure, but I would have preferred Newton in this spot. His ceiling seems higher.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In

NFLN radio guys did pretty good coverage of his college career when he was selected. Apparently started outside but was moved inside when someone got hurt, basically can play either with good technique and success at both spots. That wouldn't be a bad thing if it pans out at the next level. Also interviewed him after the pick and I was mega-impressed with how he carried himself, how he responded to their questions, and how eager he was to get to work. They pointed out how his stock rose dramatically after the Senior Bowl, so they asked him what his goals were going into that game. The first was he wanted to show better than what his tape showed, which apparently he succeeded at doing. Don't remember the other 2 questions but they were good ones and he answered well, not just with generic platitudes. Kid didn't even play football till his junior year of HS and winds up being a first round pick? That's pretty impressive. Hosts seemed to think it was a pretty great pick. Time will tell.
I also liked his wardrobe he was wearing.:cool::p

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh.

I was sat there thinking it's got to be Johnny Newton. Coming out of round 1 with MHJ and Newton would be legit.

If not Newton then CB. Robinson would have been 4th or 5th on my list. Maybe more. Robinson had a great senior bowl but I was less enamored with his game film but that might be the way Missouri used him and lack of help.

Proof is in the pudding as always but not a fan with what else was on the board.

I hope we get Newton at #35, he should still be there as I think Bills take Mitchell and Pats take Suamataia or McConkey.

I think they drafted him as an Edge, that's where he looked great at the Senior Bowl. Will slim him down a bit and get him to 270 ish I would imagine.

What a bizarre take. You called the pick "Meh" but he was 4th on your list???

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we done enough for the d-line or do we take Newton if he’s there?
Gannon style seems to want a solid rotational front 7. I think Newton could be one of those 7.
Just a few months ago we were all complaining about how our dline had almost no talent. If we take Newton, I am more than ok with it. With the three agents we signed we would now have a young core of talent at that position. A group that can really grow together.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Robinson is going to bring something we don't have as a DE. Based on the FA we brought in...we were more lacking in DE rotation than DT anymore.

Newton would have been a good pick, and still would be at 35...but Robinson seems like he brings a different body type and skill set than anyone else in our current rotation

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw this live back at the combine but worth a watch for those that haven't seen it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Robinson is the 2nd guy they talk about in the video, Newton is the 4th. People might want to go back and watch that, especially if we draft him today.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Chandler was 255 though. 265 max when we moved to a 4-3 under Wilkes.

Robinson seems like a good dude but this team needs immediate impact players. Robinson feel like a guy that's going to need a year or two to have any impact. Both Newton and DeJean would have had bigger immediate impacts in my opinion.
I think Robinson is going to do a lot of little things to help the defense.

By the end of round one, there really isn't going to be many front seven guys that are going to be true difference makers.

I saw a few mock drafters acknowledge that the scouts were MUCH lower on Johnny Newton than fans are. He's apparently really bad against the run and is one of those guys who shoo

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mods can someone freeze K9's account, he seems to have been hacked.

He normally spends all him time moaning about how we only got X number of wins, how the roster sucks and how we need to improve and win more games.

Whoever hacked him seems to be suggesting next season is lost, we don;t need more wins and the team doesn't need immediate impact starters out of round 1.
Quit trolling.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I didn’t watch Missouri at all this past season so only thing I can go by is what I read that the media puts out on the guys, it seems that most media “scouts” like him so that is a positive.

Hope it works out, defense needed help.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a bizarre take. You called the pick "Meh" but he was 4th on your list???

Yeah, 4th or 5th on my list when we were on the clock at 27 from the players available. From like 6 I thought were viable options at positions of need.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robinson is the 2nd guy they talk about in the video, Newton is the 4th. People might want to go back and watch that, especially if we draft him today.

Yeah but Chris Simms positions ranking are whack. He had Brian Thomas and Nabers as better than MHJ in his WR rankings.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
who knows - we might draft newton too lol - lord knows our defensive line was injured more than rg3 last year - maybe we should stock up - rotate them in situational situations that require situating

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Robinson is going to do a lot of little things to help the defense.

By the end of round one, there really isn't going to be many front seven guys that are going to be true difference makers.

I saw a few mock drafters acknowledge that the scouts were MUCH lower on Johnny Newton than fans are. He's apparently really bad against the run and is one of those guys who shoo

The run stuff is BS. Newton has the 2nd highest PFF run defense grade in 2022 with 91.9.

He's 20lbs heavier than Robinson and can rush the passer inside.

I much prefer Newton to Cancey last year and I like Cancey. And Cancey went #19.