Peacock becomes home of first-ever exclusive live streamed NFL playoff game

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So just like Cable or DirecTv
Nope. Cable and DirecTV are only one cog in the ripoff machine. I have cable, then a few streaming services, then have to add and subtract (and pay for) other services for one or two shows here or there. It's an awful system that no consumers should be happy about--let alone defend as if we were insulting their mothers or something :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My life will be just fine without watching this game. Plenty of college basketball if I want entertainment. I don't care enough about either team to go through the hassle of signing up for this service. If it was the Cardinals I would do it and not complain.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Direct TV has a multiyear contract with the NFL to provide Sunday Ticket to commercial establishments. If a sports bar previously had Direct TV they do not need streaming to show all the games.

That I didn't know. Guess it will be good for now. When that expires oof.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I am not an IT guy, but it would seem difficult to have Wi-Fi for 30+ TVs.
From a tech standpoint it's not hard. The harder part to me is getting the bartender/wait staff to know what service has the game and how to tune the TVs to it. I run into this issue from time to time now when they can't find the right DTV channel.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Direct TV has a multiyear contract with the NFL to provide Sunday Ticket to commercial establishments. If a sports bar previously had Direct TV they do not need streaming to show all the games.
This isn't true for Peacock broadcasts unfortunately. Amazon has a separate deal from DirecTV and Sunday Ticket as well. My local bar will be unable to broadcast the game on anything but the one TV that's a smart TV.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely.
So theft.
Man, people complaining about others stealing 1s and 0s from multi billion dollar corporations is hilarious to me. Come and get me. And I havent swiped any copyrighted material since the napster days. If everyone stole their signal, maybe theyd end the ceaseless march to wring every last penny from my entertainment budget.

"Cutting the cord" was a grand idea....like 10 years ago. Once the moguls catch up, they consolidate, bundle and overcharge. Just like cable used to. 248/mo with cable. 248/mo with internet and streaming.

I light my cigars with hundred dollar biolls, so its nothing to me either way...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not going to watch it out of protest. I hope the ratings suck.

If its successful, the next thing that will happen is a bunch of these "apps" will get 1 game here or there and are useless otherwise.

Not gonna do it.

Now, get off my lawn.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Man, people complaining about others stealing 1s and 0s from multi billion dollar corporations is hilarious to me. Come and get me. And I havent swiped any copyrighted material since the napster days. If everyone stole their signal, maybe theyd end the ceaseless march to wring every last penny from my entertainment budget.

"Cutting the cord" was a grand idea....like 10 years ago. Once the moguls catch up, they consolidate, bundle and overcharge. Just like cable used to. 248/mo with cable. 248/mo with internet and streaming.

I light my cigars with hundred dollar biolls, so its nothing to me either way...
I guess they should get rid of Chrome, Edge , Firefox and every other browser since they supply "pirated " material.....lol loopholes aren't just for lawyers in politicians hehe

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score

This isn't true for Peacock broadcasts unfortunately. Amazon has a separate deal from DirecTV and Sunday Ticket as well. My local bar will be unable to broadcast the game on anything but the one TV that's a smart TV.

I apologize, I reported what my sports bar guy told me. He was wrong, and I was wrong. Still, it is worth it to me to watch a month of NFL playoff games for $5.99 at home.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If its successful, the next thing that will happen is a bunch of these "apps" will get 1 game here or there and are useless otherwise.

Not gonna do it.

Now, get off my lawn.
That won't happen. Read this article.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You just described indoor soccer without the ice. Had season tickets for 7 years for professional indoor soccer. For whatever reason as outdoor soccer became more popular, indoor died off. There is still a professional league out there however the attendance is pretty small.

As for the outdoor game, I coached it for 25 years. People say it's boring however what they miss is the skill and conditioning it takes to play the sport. Anyone who thinks its easy to kick a ball from 30 yards out and make that ball not only curve but rise and then dip and put it on goal has no clue about the skill it takes to do that.
While you’re 100% right (in college I played football and my five roommates played baseball, sailed, rowed crew, played hockey, and played soccer - and there was NO doubt that the soccer player was in the best shape (though the oarsman was close), who cares? I don’t watch a sport because I’m impressed by their conditioning.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not gonna do it.

Now, get off my lawn.
This. 100% this

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you’re 100% right (in college I played football and my five roommates played baseball, sailed, rowed crew, played hockey, and played soccer - and there was NO doubt that the soccer player was in the best shape (though the oarsman was close), who cares? I don’t watch a sport because I’m impressed by their conditioning.
I like soccer when it really matters. But I cannot stand how a tap on the shin has players flopping and writhing on the ground like they just took two bullets. Only to get up and run around just fine 3 minutes later.