Peacock becomes home of first-ever exclusive live streamed NFL playoff game

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m old, but not so old that I don’t understand the streaming concept. Yet what’s frustrating this old dude is that NBC keeps mentioning the “historic” nature of the game. No, not that the Dolphins and Chiefs played the longest game ever, but that this is the first postseason game only available via streaming. Awful.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
IPTV - watching for free. Not theft, pushing back against what should be free. CEO’s making over 1000 times their employees is theft. F*** them.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m old, but not so old that I don’t understand the streaming concept. Yet what’s frustrating this old dude is that NBC keeps mentioning the “historic” nature of the game. No, not that the Dolphins and Chiefs played the longest game ever, but that this is the first postseason game only available via streaming. Awful.
Marking a negative event for fans as positive and historic. Well, that's par for the course.

This is why you don't take history at face value. It's written by and for powerful interests and is not concerned as much with accuracy or a truthful context.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hated watching it. I had to pause several times for about 15 minutes. When I came back, Peacock shut down and put me back to the home menu on my Shield. When I got back to the game, it didn't allow me to resume watching where it previously left off. It either made me go to the Live feed or bring up Key Plays, which I didn't want either. Hell, even an option to go back to the beginning would have been fine. And then either fast forwarding or rewinding was blind as sometimes I'll watch a game that I'm not invested in at double or triple speed. This just plain out sucked ass.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
IPTV - watching for free. Not theft, pushing back against what should be free. CEO’s making over 1000 times their employees is theft. F*** them.
Agreed, and having backups to your backup ensures smooth sailing, especially with a good app that has 9 PiP screens lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I subscribe to Peacock, rbut this broadcast was garbage technically. I tried to rewind to watch a play again. It wasn’t supported. Instead you could only watch a replay of plays they determined worthy. Late in the game I dozed off. I awakened after it was over. I thought I‘d just replay what I missed. No replay. What a joke! The NFL just sells out the fans.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I subscribe to Peacock, rbut this broadcast was garbage technically. I tried to rewind to watch a play again. It wasn’t supported. Instead you could only watch a replay of plays they determined worthy. Late in the game I dozed off. I awakened after it was over. I thought I‘d just replay what I missed. No replay. What a joke! The NFL just sells out the fans.
I just lost my desire to watch the game and went to bed:)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Hated watching it. I had to pause several times for about 15 minutes. When I came back, Peacock shut down and put me back to the home menu on my Shield. When I got back to the game, it didn't allow me to resume watching where it previously left off. It either made me go to the Live feed or bring up Key Plays, which I didn't want either. Hell, even an option to go back to the beginning would have been fine. And then either fast forwarding or rewinding was blind as sometimes I'll watch a game that I'm not invested in at double or triple speed. This just plain out sucked ass.
Peacock is pretty terrible with this stuff

By far my least favorite service for sports

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's kinda odd, too, since NBC has been pretty good with SNF for a while now.

It's the streaming side of things - there are a handful of sports that I like that they have a part in and they are miles behind pretty much every other service I use - no reason for it either, they have the resource and can see what can be done

They're at the place everyone else was at 2 years ago

Have to figure out that people do pause games or start late, etc.

A couple years ago ESPN was bad with that, or if a game started you'd have to wait until it was over and the replay was posted

This morning I'm watching the German soccer team I follow - had the option to join live or join from the beginning

Paused to make coffee and help both of my kids with stuff - not a big deal

If they want to be exclusive for something as big as an NFL playoff game, they need to get their stuff sorted out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard