Peacemaker (HBO Max)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spinoff from The Suicide Squad featuring John Cena as Peacemaker.

‘Peacemaker’ TV Series With John Cena: HBO Max’s Suicide Squad Spinoff | TVLine

Peacemaker, an action-comedy that will explore the origins of Cena’s character, “a man who believes in peace at any cost — no matter how many people he has to kill to get it,” according to the official release.

The Suicide Squad writer/director James Gunn will pen all eight episodes and direct several installments of the companion series, including the series premiere. He will exec-produce alongside fellow TSS producer Peter Safran. Cena will serve as a co-EP.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Thinking of trying it out. I haven’t watched Suicide Squad yet, is it a prerequisite?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Do I need to watch Suicide Squad first before jumping in to this?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Gunn optimistic about 'Peacemaker' S2, confirms second series set in Suicide Squad universe

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had no interest in watching the latest rendition after watching the first movie.
Dude... it’s a totally different vision. It was really good and has basically nothing to do with the first movie except Harley Quinn and Amanda Waller and Flagg are in it.

Super entertaining and f’ed up with James Gunn at the helm.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know Jennifer Holland is James Gunn's partner! I love the chemistry with her and Cena!

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had no interest in watching the latest rendition after watching the first movie.
The second movie was complete garbage except for a couple scenes. Especially, the Patrick Star ending. Having said that, it would only help from an intro to the character. Not necessary IMO to see it. As someone who hated the second Suicide Squad I love this show. This show is pretty awesome. A little corny at times but it's the tone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The second movie was complete garbage except for a couple scenes. Especially, the Patrick Star ending. Having said that, it would only help from an intro to the character. Not necessary IMO to see it. As someone who hated the second Suicide Squad I love this show. This show is pretty awesome. A little corny at times but it's the tone.
Please at least say you hated the 1st one a thousand times worse, because...wow.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Think of the second Suicide Squad as a completely different movie.

It's funny, but not in a way that undermines the material. John Cena and Idris Elba were amazing together.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Are you a Marvel fan boy?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am, but I still love the good DC movies. The SS remake definitely qualified.
I've just found from reading across the spectrum of websites and social media that "Marvel fan boys" just tend to not like anything from the "DCEU" (which isn't really a thing because Warner Bros has managed it so poorly).

To me, it looks like if it's not like the MCEU, then it "sucks" automatically.

Peacemaker has been the best comic book show I've seen so far.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've just found from reading across the spectrum of websites and social media that "Marvel fan boys" just tend to not like anything from the "DCEU" (which isn't really a thing because Warner Bros has managed it so poorly).

To me, it looks like if it's not like the MCEU, then it "sucks" automatically.

Peacemaker has been the best comic book show I've seen so far.
Ah, gotcha. By and large I've loved the Marvel movies, though I'm not watching them all any longer. By and large the DC movies have sucked, but not, IMO, because they're DC. I'm not one of "those" Marvel Fan boys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose