Parra & Grace & Kershaw

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He may not be the Cy Young award winner, but he has been a HUGE plus for the DBacks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Parra hasn't seemed comfortable in the leadoff spot. With his batting average in the .290's, it was worth a try.

But I give a lot of credit to Gibson for putting him back in the 8-hole tonight (where he excelled) with the most important part of the season upon us.

If that experiment is going to be tried again, Spring Training would be the best time.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Kennedy will not win the Cy Young award, but he will be in the running. He'll probably be third in the voting or maybe second. Being ninth in the NL in ERA will keep him from it. I'm guessing that both Halladay and Kershaw finish ahead of him.
Kershaw won his 20th game tonight (20-5) and leads the league in wins (tied with Kennedy), ERA, and strikeouts. Decent shot at a pitching triple crown.

Incidently, Kershaw beat the Giants for the fifth time this season, something that hasn't been done since 1947. Three of those wins were against Tim Lincecum by scores of 1-0, 2-1, and 2-1. Pretty impressive against the defending world champs.

I think Halladay and Lee will split votes in Philly and enable Kennedy to sneak into second in the Cy Young voting.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kershaw won his 20th game tonight (20-5) and leads the league in wins (tied with Kennedy), ERA, and strikeouts. Decent shot at a pitching triple crown.

Kemp has a real shot at the hitting triple crown as well. Has their ever been two triple crown winners on the same team where that team wasn't ever really in playoff contention?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I didn't see the game yesterday, but did Lincecum intentionally hit JUpton in the head? or did the ball "get away from him?" for a pitcher with such good control, seems odd ...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I didn't see the game yesterday, but did Lincecum intentionally hit JUpton in the head? or did the ball "get away from him?" for a pitcher with such good control, seems odd ...
All indications are that, although he tried to pitch him inside, he was not aiming for the bill of his cap.

He showed a lot of concern until Gibby invited him to leave the group gathered 'round.

Talk about control, Lincecum was afraid to pitch inside for the rest of his stay and he got hit hard.

Darron Sutton's play-by-play suffered as well. It was clearly shown on the first replay that the ball hit the bill of Upton's cap, which is still scary, but once Sutton said he hit the helmet, he would not back down.

Although JUp threw up right afterwards, the tests came out negative.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison