Paris Lenon

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coach Davis was just on Doug and Wolf this morning and he had very good things to say about Lenon. He said he's always in position and rarely makes a mistake. He said he'd have to go back and look to see if he's made a mistake yet in camp.
Coach Whiz on Gambo and Ash yesterday said he is really excited by the play of Lenon. Maybe we're not as thin at ILB as many project.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What else are they going to say? Paris Lenon was allowed to leave by the two worst teams in the NFL the last two years.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiz - "Lenon is complete garbage but what do you want from us? Hayes back hurts every day and noone is left to sign so we are just going to suck at ILB and hope we can cover it"

"The guy has been horrible all camp and is going to be run all over, expect to see 3 safeties every play on D so A-dub can roam the middle."

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Coach Davis was just on Doug and Wolf this morning and he had very good things to say about Lenon. He said he's always in position and rarely makes a mistake. He said he'd have to go back and look to see if he's made a mistake yet in camp.
Coach Whiz on Gambo and Ash yesterday said he is really excited by the play of Lenon. Maybe we're not as thin at ILB as many project.

He might rarely make mistakes, but he also rarely makes plays so I'm going with what his entire careers says. We'll see...

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's too bad the coach's arent as smart as the "internet know it alls". Did any of you listen to what was said? They both went out of their way to give him a compliment.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's too bad the coach's arent as smart as the "internet know it alls". Did any of you listen to what was said? They both went out of their way to give him a compliment.

Like K9 & Big red said what do you expect him to say? When's the last time you heard a NFL coach say one of his starters sucks publicly?

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
If Lenon can step in and play inside, that would be a huge help in my opinion. I have heard nothing but bashing about him, and to hear good things from Whiz and Davis about Lenon is comforting to me.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Like K9 & Big red said what do you expect him to say? When's the last time you heard a NFL coach say one of his starters sucks publicly?

It depends on the context though. Didnt hear the interview so it depends on the question asked when determining what Coach was talking about. If they asked the question - "So how is Lenon doing?" I would agree with, its just coach speak. But if the questions was "So who has caught your eye so far in camp?" Then Wiz had no reason to even bring they guys name up and he was not forced to give coach speak when asked about a player.

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Lenon can step in and play inside, that would be a huge help in my opinion. I have heard nothing but bashing about him, and to hear good things from Whiz and Davis about Lenon is comforting to me.

This is my thought exactly.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good to hear. :thumbup:

seesred

Reaction score
It sometimes takes some time to find the right situation and coaches. JUst maybe he is having fun within the system.

GBR

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Sometimes coaches will say guys are "struggling a bit" or "is still learning the system" stuff like that. Not slamming the guy, but not praising him either. So though it would be rare for a coach to say a player sucks, it's not uncommon for him to say he is struggling a bit.....so I too am encouraged to hear the praise of Lenon from coach.....we'll see, though.......

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think watching Lenon this season is going to be like watching a movie you think is going to be terrible and it turns out to be average...and you're pleasantly surprised.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think watching Lenon this season is going to be like watching a movie you think is going to be terrible and it turns out to be average...and you're pleasantly surprised.

Phisyiclly he sure looks the part. He i smuch more stout and muscular looking and looks perfect for an SILB. We'll see though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Phisyiclly he sure looks the part. He i smuch more stout and muscular looking and looks perfect for an SILB. We'll see though.

if you're in the nfl and you're anything but a fat lineman or skinny corner you usually "look the part." these dudes are all enormous these days. i remember meeting vance johnson (remember him? one of the 3 amigos back in the day with the broncos - wr?) and he was just yoked. i was shocked that an nfl receiver was that big. looking the part doesn't get the job done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you're in the nfl and you're anything but a fat lineman or skinny corner you usually "look the part." these dudes are all enormous these days. i remember meeting vance johnson (remember him? one of the 3 amigos back in the day with the broncos - wr?) and he was just yoked. i was shocked that an nfl receiver was that big. looking the part doesn't get the job done.

Totally agree. Hence the "We''ll see though" :D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I reviewed my tape of the Rams game last season, paying close attention to Lenon. And the first thing that strikes you is that he is system strong, or in other words... in the right place to make plays. He tackles with vigor, and in this game made a nice play on Beanie as he was attempting his patented fake inside, break outside play.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I'll say this, he's been in the league for 9 years and a starter for the last 5. He may not be the greatest but guys usually don't hang around that long unless they bring some skills to the table.

I think it's worth mentioning that he's played on some bad teams with some bad players. Those teams have had turnovers of coaching staffs and very little consistancy. This may be his chance to work with better players and better and more consistant coaching.

You know what they say, it's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with turkeys.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll say this, he's been in the league for 9 years and a starter for the last 5. He may not be the greatest but guys usually don't hang around that long unless they bring some skills to the table.

I think it's worth mentioning that he's played on some bad teams with some bad players. Those teams have had turnovers of coaching staffs and very little consistancy. This may be his chance to work with better players and better and more consistant coaching.

You know what they say, it's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with turkeys.

I'd say we're about due for another team's castoff to come to Arizona and do really well. Lord knows we had enough go the other way.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the most recent Whiz presser on the Camp page, he voluntarily praises Lenon 2 times without any prodding, both his leadership and for making plays (I assume his interception).

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
What else are they going to say? Paris Lenon was allowed to leave by the two worst teams in the NFL the last two years.

Not the same position but Bernard Pollard was released by the CHIEFS and played very well when he went to the Texans.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not the same position but Bernard Pollard was released by the CHIEFS and played very well when he went to the Texans.

No, it's not he same position, or the same situation. For example, Pollard was a good player--a two-year starter--for the Chiefs. He was a throwback/headhunter type safety. His limitations in coverage is what lead to his release because the Chiefs were starting two rookie corners who needed protection in the Cover 2.

Lenon played 4 nondescript years for the Packers (16 starts his last two years), then went to the Lions where he was a nobody despite starting 48 games (310 tackles, 8 passes defensed)--we played the Lions in 2006 and 2007 and he failed to make any kind of impression despite notching 11 tackles in those games. He played there three years and was let go without any real desire to keep him.

He signed with New England in 2009 and was cut before they even began training camp. St. Louis signed him to a non-guaranteed contract after the first week of the season. He started 10 games for them--two against us--and again failed to make an impression on anybody.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, it's not he same position, or the same situation. For example, Pollard was a good player--a two-year starter--for the Chiefs. He was a throwback/headhunter type safety. His limitations in coverage is what lead to his release because the Chiefs were starting two rookie corners who needed protection in the Cover 2.

Lenon played 4 nondescript years for the Packers (16 starts his last two years), then went to the Lions where he was a nobody despite starting 48 games (310 tackles, 8 passes defensed)--we played the Lions in 2006 and 2007 and he failed to make any kind of impression despite notching 11 tackles in those games. He played there three years and was let go without any real desire to keep him.

He signed with New England in 2009 and was cut before they even began training camp. St. Louis signed him to a non-guaranteed contract after the first week of the season. He started 10 games for them--two against us--and again failed to make an impression on anybody.

Well, he impressed the Cards enough to get a multi-year contract.