Our franchise QB

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is pretty damn juicy…. Much juicier then the Eno stuff….
Meh. Tons of speculation with few facts from a guy who has been jumping to conclusions about Kyler all year. Seems like clickbait to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who is this and what's the story about Budda not liking Kyler?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Never heard the budda stuff. Anyone?

And this guy makes a big leap when he states definitively that kyler arrives late and leaves early bc of comments made about mccoys professionalism. It may be the case, but kliff’s comments aren’t evidence of it. Also this: kliff isn’t bright enough for those comments to have been meant to be a message for kyler. Imo he was just giving McCoy his respect.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And this guy makes a big leap when he states definitively that kyler arrives late and leaves early bc of comments made about mccoys professionalism. It may be the case, but kliff’s comments aren’t evidence of it. Also this: kliff isn’t bright enough for those comments to have been meant to be a message for kyler. Imo he was just giving McCoy his respect.
If he is not bright enough to allude how can he be a head coach, seriously?

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
What's the Budda situation? I've not heard that one
Maybe that’s why BB was saying he treats each game like it was a playoff game. Maybe he was making a jab at KM for sitting out while he fought through his pain.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s the point? 31 of 32 GMs would still pick Allan over Murray GUARANTEED.
The point is probably even they guy who some may consider the best young QB can struggle if things don’t go right. How do you think McCoy would have done if we had the normal amount of penalties and lineman moving, etc that put us behind the sticks, or AJ you know drops those balls like usual, unable to stick with any semblance of a running game because a real offense would have scored TDs on us like everyone else. Said it before the stars aligned nicely for Colt to get that win wouldn’t count on it happening much with this group…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point is probably even they guy who some may consider the best young QB can struggle if things don’t go right. How do you think McCoy would have done if we had the normal amount of penalties and lineman moving, etc that put us behind the sticks, or AJ you know drops those balls like usual, unable to stick with any semblance of a running game because a real offense would have scored TDs on us like everyone else. Said it before the stars aligned nicely for Colt to get that win wouldn’t count on it happening much with this group…
Sorry. Pointing to a three game stretch of another QB struggling… who’s also gotten his team to the AFC Title Game and within 12 seconds another AFC title game and gotten his team to the playoff for three consecutive seasons and has them headed there again… as proof of anything Kyler is going through, when Kyler has never accomplished ANYTHING that Allen has… is beyond stupid.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Pointing to a three game stretch of another QB struggling… who’s also gotten his team to the AFC Title Game and within 12 seconds another AFC title game and gotten his team to the playoff for three consecutive seasons and has them headed there again… as proof of anything Kyler is going through, when Kyler has never accomplished ANYTHING that Allen has… is beyond stupid.

Yesssss

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

More fake twitter news - Kliffy never said this… and have never heard budda doesn’t like kyler lol. What else can we just make up ?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What’s the point? 31 of 32 GMs would still pick Allan over Murray GUARANTEED.
Lol no one is arguing that… point is even the best QBs in the league with a loaded healthy roster and top level OC go through rough stretches. If Josh Allen is losing and posting stats like that…. And kyler is posting better stats w an inferior cast all around, maybe you all should take a step back and put things in perspective?!?!! I know that makes too much sense for you all so keep piling on the crap lol

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on the point is obvious cheese even some of the best struggle sometimes. Doesn’t matter what they have done in the past. Kyler was 7-0 and an MVP candidate but that’s conveniently forgotten when people bash on him. Does Kyler need to get better and mature of course I don’t see anyone saying he’s playing well. But these ridiculous takes that he’s done and sucks and can’t do this or that it’s all BS he’s has done those things just not doing them right now. Should we just assume he never will again?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
"We know Kyler has sucked this season, but, but, REASONS! But EXCUSES! But OTHERS have sucked sometimes too! But everyone ELSE'S fault! But, but, but..."

If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"We know Kyler has sucked this season, but, but, REASONS! But EXCUSES! But OTHERS have sucked sometimes too! But everyone ELSE'S fault! But, but, but..."

If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.
Well the factors are true no? No different than why Herbert has been average at best no? The most injured teams in the league (that’s a fact I saw the breakdown and rankings of this last week)

Stout

Reaction score
Well the factors are true no? No different than why Herbert has been average at best no? The most injured teams in the league (that’s a fact I saw the breakdown and rankings of this last week)
How about Kyler hasn't been good enough, full stop? No excuses, no whataboutism, no other factors. On his own, without pointing fingers, Kyler hasn't been good enough. We know this. You know this. I know this. Maybe other factors would have kept the Cards out of the playoffs even if Kyler played well, but we'll not know because he hasn't.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How about Kyler hasn't been good enough, full stop? No excuses, no whataboutism, no other factors. On his own, without pointing fingers, Kyler hasn't been good enough. We know this. You know this. I know this. Maybe other factors would have kept the Cards out of the playoffs even if Kyler played well, but we'll not know because he hasn't.
Lol so pretend like having one of the worse if not the worse Oline in the league doesn’t exist and that we are the only team that runs a predictable college offense and that our #1 weapon missed the first 6 games of the year…

I don’t believe any QB would thrive with those factors - and it’s been proven when the greats are missing similar pieces.

Stout

Reaction score
Lol so pretend like having one of the worse if not the worse Oline in the league doesn’t exist and that we are the only team that runs a predictable college offense and that our #1 weapon missed the first 6 games of the year…

I don’t believe any QB would thrive with those factors - and it’s been proven when the greats are missing similar pieces.
I'm not saying we should be good, or even in the playoffs, or that Kyler had to "thrive," although it would have been nice if our "transcendent" QB could've elevated the team even a little bit. All I and many others are saying is he hasn't even played average. He's been terrible. His play has been troubling. He's regressed in just about every way. No finger pointing, no excuses. He is one of the problems and has not been one of the solutions.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not saying we should be good, or even in the playoffs, or that Kyler had to "thrive," although it would have been nice if our "transcendent" QB could've elevated the team even a little bit. All I and many others are saying is he hasn't even played average. He's been terrible. His play has been troubling. He's regressed in just about every way. No finger pointing, no excuses. He is one of the problems and has not been one of the solutions.
I agree with that last line you wrote 100%

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colt had a 6.61 YPA starting his first game on the road with 4 starting O line out, 2 of which were street signings. He had no Ertz and only 2 high functioning receivers.

Kyler has only bested that twice in 9 games. 6.73 vs the Vikings and 7.72 vs the Saints.

McCoy completed 8 passes over 10 yards including a 20 and 25 yarder.

Kyler's not had 8 yet. He had 7 over 10 yards vs the Panthers and Rams and only had 2 passes of 20+ in a game twice and that was week 6 vs the Seahawks and week 8 vs the Vikings.

McCoy completed 8 of 10 passes over 10 yards for 80%. Kyler's best is 7 of 9 for 77% vs the panthers. He's never passed 58% when trying 10 or more over 10 yards.

Kyler's completion rate on the season over 10 yards is 43/96 or 44%.

We won because we had a QB that could read a defense, go through progressions and make passes over 10 yards reliably. Something we haven't had all season.
It’s becoming more more obvious that Kyler after 3 1/2 years Kyler can’t read a defense. It’s been said here several times that the defense gives him an obvious read and then takes it away leaving panic to take over.