Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler has a hamstring problem, ok, but he is a freaking QB and not a running back. His main job is throwing the freaking football and scrambling ability should be a compliment but not the main job description. So, Kingbury demanding he needs to be 100% to play is a load of crap, that only works for me if it's his arm... if not, then Kingsbury is stating his scrambling ability is more important than his throwing ability and if he firmly believes that, Kyler should not be our QB or Kingsbury should not be his coach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler has a hamstring problem, ok, but he is a freaking QB and not a running back. His main job is throwing the freaking football and scrambling ability should be a compliment but not the main job description. So, Kingbury demanding he needs to be 100% to play is a load of crap, that only works for me if it's his arm... if not, then Kingsbury is stating his scrambling ability is more important than his throwing ability and if he firmly believes that, Kyler should not be our QB or Kingsbury should not be his coach
Do you think QBs just stand in one place & don’t move at all? Like they don’t maneuver in the pocket?

I’m convinced barely anyone here has experienced hamstring problems & are ingrained with this weird caveman mentality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you think QBs just stand in one place & don’t move at all? Like they don’t maneuver in the pocket?

I’m convinced barely anyone here has experienced hamstring problems & are ingrained with this weird caveman mentality.
Agreed. If we think kyler is having issues thinking through the game now, just imagine how bad it would be if he has to be constantly aware not to follow his instincts to bolt (the suddenness of which is exactly the type of movement to exacerbate a hammy). Y’all are telling a dude to just play without his instincts kicking in. Easy for a Matt Ryan, not easy for a kyler or lamar etc.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed. If we think kyler is having issues thinking through the game now, just imagine how bad it would be if he has to be constantly aware not to follow his instincts to bolt (the suddenness of which is exactly the type of movement to exacerbate a hammy). Y’all are telling a dude to just play without his instincts kicking in. Easy for a Matt Ryan, not easy for a kyler or lamar etc.
McNabb destroyed us on a broken ankle :shrug:

I'm not commenting one way or another if Kyler should be playing through this injury or not. Hard to say, and I've not been dogging KM for this one in particular.

What I do know, and what everyone knows, is that he has gotten/been injured far too much in his tenure as starting QB and has missed too many games. He also sucks out loud when trying to play hurt. This is a really bad combination for a QB and doesn't speak well for his future durability.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guarantee there are QBs starting this weekend with worse leg injuries than the minor hamstring Kyler has practiced on for 3 consecutive weeks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the caveman mentality many posters on this board shares. Really just tells me to not come in contact with those selected ones.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I don’t mind Kyler not playing. If Colt’s got Hop out there with him, gives us another data point to determine who is the bigger problem on the offense, Kliff or Kyler. (Not that it really matters as we’ll prob find a way to win 2 more games this season, meaning both will be back on the sidelines next year).

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I don't really care what I believe, or you believe at the moment, I am just trying to think of a way to use this new fangle 'caveman mentality' wording which is sweeping ASFN in one of my future posts lol

Stout

Reaction score
The game we refused to blitz to put pressure on him when it was clear he could barely move? Maybe the Cards could work something out with the Niners before the game to guarantee something similar.

Ridiculous
Yep, our coaches were ridiculous in that game.

As I said, I'm not commenting on Kyler's injury, other than to say he's injured way too often. My comment was reserved for the notion that mobile QBs can't play injured and still win.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Yep, our coaches were ridiculous in that game.

As I said, I'm not commenting on Kyler's injury, other than to say he's injured way too often. My comment was reserved for the notion that mobile QBs can't play injured and still win.
I've experienced a lot of frustrating games in the 3 decades I've been a fan of the Cards, but that one might be the worst.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
The team is 4-6 about to play a division opponent who is 5-4. Our divisional record is putrid this year as well.
Our franchise QB who just demanded months ago he deserved a giant new contract needs to be on the field if the injury isn't serious. Especially with the importance of this game. A win in this game is critical for any realistic shot at seeing the playoffs.

Yes, Kyler probably won't be 100%. Too bad. Neither will Colt McCoy if he starts because he is also dealing with an injury.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Can you imagine next weeks posts if McCoy pulls out a win against the 49ers?
Eh, they said the same thing last week, then a bunch of people just made excuses, moved the goal posts, and said it didn't matter unless Colt wins THIS week. If Colt pulls it out against the Whiners, there will be more excuses and they'll say it won't matter until he wins 3.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, they said the same thing last week, then a bunch of people just made excuses, moved the goal posts, and said it didn't matter unless Colt wins THIS week. If Colt pulls it out against the Whiners, there will be more excuses and they'll say it won't matter until he wins 3.

Truth lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you imagine next weeks posts if McCoy pulls out a win against the 49ers?

Truth lol
“They” lol, it only takes a second to @ this man @nashman.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol if he pulls out a win against the Niners ride the hot hand. But discounting a win against the pathetic rams was hardly making excuses. He played well but the Rams played like trash and was one of very few times we weren’t playing from behind the whole game. Like I said I want to see McCoy play if Kyler is not healthy, problem is most have seen him play which is why he is still just a backup. I don’t let one game against a team mailing it in make me think McCoy is an answer to any problems on this team.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh. On Sunday, Allen threw two soul-crushing red zone interceptions, (one to PP no less).

AND, at the end of the game all he had to do was cleanly handle the center (not "centere"!) exchange to run out the clock for the win! He couldn't even do that! I watched the replay! The snap was fine, he just choked it off big time!

How about this BritCard...

IF KYLER MURRAY had played QB1 for the bills on Sunday, they would have won by 10 points! How about that for a sick burn? :)

You're right. It's spelt -centre.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Lol if he pulls out a win against the Niners ride the hot hand. But discounting a win against the pathetic rams was hardly making excuses. He played well but the Rams played like trash and was one of very few times we weren’t playing from behind the whole game. Like I said I want to see McCoy play if Kyler is not healthy, problem is most have seen him play which is why he is still just a backup. I don’t let one game against a team mailing it in make me think McCoy is an answer to any problems on this team.
Andy Dalton dominated that same Rams team today. Well, same Defense at least, Rams had Stafford back until he got hurt again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson