Our franchise QB

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler has the most attempts in the NFL yet only 15th in passing yards.
One of the criticisms of Kyler previously was that he didn't just take the yards that were available. Sometimes tried to force it upfield, make the big play. Which worked some of the time and was spectacular but we found it hard to move the chains against better teams.

Seems to be trying to keep it simple more often this season?

It was interesting seeing Rogers beat us last year when we were flying and they barely were able to put a team on the field. Just simple, low risk, kept the football.

Perhaps there's a balance Kyler hasn't quite found yet. Has swung a bit too far towards the conservative. But maybe a slight evolution of mindset

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the criticisms of Kyler previously was that he didn't just take the yards that were available. Sometimes tried to force it upfield, make the big play. Which worked some of the time and was spectacular but we found it hard to move the chains against better teams.

Seems to be trying to keep it simple more often this season?

It was interesting seeing Rogers beat us last year when we were flying and they barely were able to put a team on the field. Just simple, low risk, kept the football.

Perhaps there's a balance Kyler hasn't quite found yet. Has swung a bit too far towards the conservative. But maybe a slight evolution of mindset

He should just do whatever he did the first 8 games of last year. No need to do anything different to that.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should just do whatever he did the first 8 games of last year. No need to do anything different to that.
TBF AJ Green is a shell of himself. He was having a career year in terms of YPC.
Hopkins as a true #1 WR drew a lot of attention and was excellent in the redzone.
Kirk got off to the best start of his career.
Rondale was a healthy #4 who could just be explosive but on a pitch count.
I actually think Max Williams although a small sample size was more complete than Zach Ertz.
Chase Edmonds kept teams honest cause he was an explosive back.

All those played a huge factor in the Cardinals/Kyler playing so well that 1st half last year.

I still blame Kyler a lot for this season because we dont/didnt need him to play that well this year. We just needed him to be better than what he currently is.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And, you know what? A lot of that's on him. A good QB, a "generational" talent, would, if stuck with a bad coach not doing enough for him, take stock and ask himself "What can I do personally to make this team better?" This kid is so very far from that kind of guy it's silly.

And, please, can we stop calling him a generational anything at this point?
Generational disappointment?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what happened IMO

DC's figured out our offense, KM habits, KK's lack of adjustments and vanilla game plan
Yes. Watch defenses. They rush their ends to the depth where Kyler sets up. If they get a good push up the middle the play is basically over. If they get a soft push up the middle they hope Kyler freaks and misses the open receiver while the pocket collapses.
Play action left with a strong right side set would allow to Kyler to roll right with time. But that means Kyler would have to be under center and the whole universe knows if Kyler is under center, it’s a run.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Watch defenses. They rush their ends to the depth where Kyler sets up. If they get a good push up the middle the play is basically over. If they get a soft push up the middle they hope Kyler freaks and misses the open receiver while the pocket collapses.
Play action left with a strong right side set would allow to Kyler to roll right with time. But that means Kyler would have to be under center and the whole universe knows if Kyler is under center, it’s a run.
So you mean poorly designed offense… I agree!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No arguments here....but a good coach can get this through to his player and make it happen for the same of the team and growth. KK can't do that. Wayyyy to passive aggressive with his players IMO.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I had to do when I didn't hit my drive past the lady's tees. Kyler didn't hit it past the lady's tees.

Let's see it big boy..

You must be registered for see images attach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I’ve been watching the red zone and seeing a lot off Allen and Mahomes. There’s no comparison them throwing the ball to Murray.

Nor is their attitude or ability to lead. If Kyler considers Allen and Mahomes his “peers” than he is sorely mistaken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn