Our franchise QB

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've gone from a huge Kyler fan to a bit of a cynic towards him.

I already know how this is going to play out: he's going to continue to struggle here and is then going to get released down the road and go to a team that is QB needy and is going to fix all of his problems and win a Super Bowl.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I already know how this is going to play out: he's going to continue to struggle here and is then going to get released down the road and go to a team that is QB needy and is going to fix all of his problems and win a Super Bowl.
There is a part of me that thinks we're the Texas A&M until he finds his Oklahoma.

However, he'd need a Lincoln Riley /Stoops type to fully buy into him/his game so who knows if that happens. Not good to be struggling while Russell Wilson is struggling as well (at least his excuse is he's old).

I blame Kyler for this year. Its truly on him why the Cardinals arent 4-1 right now. I question if Keim and to a lesser extent Kliff should have done things different the 3 years prior. Either with him or the roster.

Kliff should have been a hard *** day 1 to Kyler. Not his substitute teacher make nice kinda guy. Keim well...the less said the better. As an organization its hard to consistently play well without drafting well. Then again if Kyler played to his potential, as star QBs do, we'd still be in a good spot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
as star QBs do, we'd still be in a good spot.
Would we?

Short & long term outlook, I still think we’ll be in a purgatory spot if Kyler played like star due to how this roster is constructed.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would we?

Short & long term outlook, I still think we’ll be in a purgatory spot if Kyler played like star due to how this roster is constructed.
It would certainly help if he played like a star. But in the end you are correct 100%

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to be in this camp, but unfortunately we're here.

I think he needs to get away from Kliff, and work with someone who will challenge him, not comfort him. Kyler has unbelievable physical skills, generational elusiveness and speed. He just hasn't improved enough, and I think that's in large part to not challenging him enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to be in this camp, but unfortunately we're here.

I think he needs to get away from Kliff, and work with someone who will challenge him, not comfort him. Kyler has unbelievable physical skills, generational elusiveness and speed. He just hasn't improved enough, and I think that's in large part to not challenging him enough.
i think we have to stop calling any of Kyler’s physical skills, elusiveness and speed “special” when it’s repeatedly shown he doesn’t have the confidence in his own physicality to consistently reach those “special”/“transcendent” levels of play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
NFC is pretty bad. We would be firmly in the playoff hunt.
Like it or not, the reality is we’re firmly in the NFC playoff hunt right now. At this rate Chicago will be lingering in the playoff picture into December.
i think we have to stop calling any of Kyler’s physical skills, elusiveness and speed “special” when it’s repeatedly shown he doesn’t have the confidence in his own physicality to consistently reach those “special”/“transcendent” levels of play.
Yes, but can I interest you in Kyler’s high school exploits?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFC is pretty bad. We would be firmly in the playoff hunt.
Which shows how bad the conference is this year. Idk, anything can happen obviously, but making the playoffs this year wouldn’t bring me that joy because we lack what actual playoff contenders have; a pass-rush.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I mean, you’re making it seem like Kyler is taking us to the playoffs and winning games every year and that’s not good enough for people.

Those are your words. Kyler, KK, and Keim all have issues.

My opinion is the opposite - people on this board act like K1 is Ryan Leaf.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are your words. Kyler, KK, and Keim all have issues.

My opinion is the opposite - people on this board act like K1 is Ryan Leaf.
Nah… they’re yours and your attitude towards anyone who dare criticize Kyler.

I mean… my God man, that last sentence is the greatest evidence yet proving how ridiculously over the top you are in defending KM.

Get a grip.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It’s literally plastered all over it… Crimson Warrior, You(since you seem to come running to his his aid at any criticism) or just blasting other posters for rightfully criticizing I should say… lol ur blatantly defends him. Nashman makes excuses for him during the entire game thread. Weblitz is a staunch supporter who thinks he can do no wrong and debates it constantly. I don’t need to find them and do your research for you. If you don’t want to believe the facts that’s on you. I could care less. It’s all over this board for all to see. You just have Kyler blinders to anything other than criticism.

I will let the others defend themselves. You are talking about 4-5 people (10 at the most?). I would imagine there are just as many on the other side of the spectrum. Guess what most people fall into the middle. Why does this consume the board every damn day? What do you need to hear to get off this tirade?

You are flat out wrong that I think Kyler is without fault. I end up being on this side because of balance - the anti Kyler/hate has been there from day 1 and continues without regard to anything remotely positive.

Kyler is a very talented player. Probably the most talented QB we have ever had.
Kyler is not getting the most out of his talent and its frustrating to watch.
Kyler has proven he is not currently on the same level as the elite QB's in the NFL.
Yeah - he is getting paid. That is out of our control bro.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nah… they’re yours and your attitude towards anyone who dare criticize Kyler.

I mean… my God man, that last sentence is the greatest evidence yet proving how ridiculously over the top you are in defending KM.

Get a grip.
Likewise.

Let's get real...let's test it out.

Ask me a question about Kyler.

Here is one for you - what does Kyler do well?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Lol nonsense.

People act like Kyler is worse than Jared Goff because—checks notes—he’s playing football worse than Jared Goff.

Hahaha. Football Outsiders says its so.

Your saying you would trade Kyler for Goff?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Didn’t ignore anything. Had to jump on a zoom. See my response to your “hot take” call out above.

Meanwhile, you’ve yet to show how Kyler has proven anything… again.

You want people to believe that Kyler sucks just like when you pounded this board with similar messages that Kurt Warner sucked and Matt Leinart was the future.

You can be wrong dude...it's ok. I certainly admit it.

What did Leinart prove to you that Kyler hasn't? Hot tub time machine, losing his job to a veteran you said sucked, washing out of the league,...?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
No. But that doesn’t change the reality of the current moment when Goff is the more productive QB.

Geno Smith is more productive than several QB's that are highly regarded. Wouldn't trade for Geno either.

I think this is where intelligence kicks in when evaluating QB's.

Kyler has not lived up to expectations this year or end of last year. Definitely a lot of issues and a lot of talent. The question we all want to know is can he get there consistently?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Geno Smith is more productive than several QB's that are highly regarded. Wouldn't trade for Geno either.

Kyler has not lived up to expectations this year or end of last year. Definitely a lot of issues and a lot of talent. The question we all want to know is can he get there consistently?
The bigger issue is why has he been demonstrably and consistently worse than, like, Kirk Cousins for the past 10+ games?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The bigger issue is why has he been demonstrably and consistently worse than, like, Kirk Cousins for the past 10+ games?
Great question.

No doubt he is way more talented than Cousins but he hasn't looked nearly as good as he did first half of last year. He was throwing dimes and taking deep shots but haven't seen much of that this year. Why?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is analytics. Kyler has a lot of stats, that to me mean nothing, but people point out things like, (making this up because I can't think of the ones I have heard lately) he has made x amount of scores in the 4th quarter which lead/top 5 qbs in the league...

You must be registered for see images attach

I still think most people who think he has underperformed look at the stats above.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.48.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.48.10 PM.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 4

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The crazy thing is if you can combine how well he threw the 1st half of last year with the way he ran the 1st half of 2020 you might have a top 3 player in the league. He's shown signs of being transcendent, but just cant put together fully. It seemed like he got better at something the last couple years and now not so much.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Either this really is a below average organization or there is something going on with Kyler thats keeping him from that level of play.

Chargers are starting to have legit question marks, but there's no questions about Herbert. Josh Allen just keeps getting better. Lamar has been dealt a tough hand imo and he stll makes the most of it.

Maybe him and his dad think they know everything. Maybe Keim is really bad at his job. Either way its frustrating.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort