OT: Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs to be charged with DUI resulting in death

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap! Somehow..... It was worse than I had thought. Maybe the worst possible

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Only thing that could make this worse is if he also had a dead body in the trunk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 50 and have never had any alcohol. Watched my dad and others struggle with it when I was a young kid and just decided it's not for me. My wife just turned 48 and has never had any either. Just a life decision, much like mine. Huge kudos to anyone who had struggles and overcame them. Stay strong. We've also told friends and family - call us if they ever need a ride. Would much rather be slightly inconvenienced to go pick someone up rather than get a phone call regarding an accident/death because someone chose to drive impaired.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is something to be extremely proud of. 33 years is amazing!

I lost someone I loved in the last two years due to alcohol. She was a wonderful person who wasn’t able to combat her demons and her body couldn’t handle the extent to which she was poisoning it.

You have my complete sympathy for having to witness this happening to a loved one.
I have 2 younger brothers that both died from alcoholism. It's a long, slow, painful and ugly ordeal. I don't wish it on anyone.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Great thread.

He's done. Only his millions can keep him from turning 30 in a jail cell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have my complete sympathy for having to witness this happening to a loved one.
I have 2 younger brothers that both died from alcoholism. It's a long, slow, painful and ugly ordeal. I don't wish it on anyone.

I’m so sad to hear of that. For anyone that hasn’t had to experience it firsthand or with a loved one thank your lucky stars. Addiction is just horrific and incredibly difficult to comprehend for the unaddicted - even for those wanting to understand and help.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a gentleman who called in to NFL radio yesterday in response to this. He runs an organization in Vegas, the name of which escapes me, that provides free rides for people, no questions asked. They also drive your car home for you so you don't have to worry about leaving it somewhere.

He made no bones about making judgements on people who are drunk other than to say at least some of them have it together enough to call for a ride. It's free and no one will lecture you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only part I will add to this convo. Be careful being significantly more critical of the person who gets a DUI and kills someone than you are with the person who drives drunk and gets home safe. They are the same action with just opposite ends of the range of outcomes. The difference between Ruggs and Keim is minimal in this regard. Both drove intoxicated and one just got luckier than the other.
I think the 156 mph makes it moreso. Most of us HAVE driven after consuming alcohol and even while intoxicated, know that driving that fast is very reckless.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the 156 mph makes it moreso. Most of us HAVE driven after consuming alcohol and even while intoxicated, know that driving that fast is very reckless.
Yes - many people that i know that have gotten DUI's were TRYING to drive correctly (not speeding, etc) but the weaving, etc gave them away.

At that rate, he had total disregard for everyone.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
There was a gentleman who called in to NFL radio yesterday in response to this. He runs an organization in Vegas, the name of which escapes me, that provides free rides for people, no questions asked. They also drive your car home for you so you don't have to worry about leaving it somewhere.

He made no bones about making judgements on people who are drunk other than to say at least some of them have it together enough to call for a ride. It's free and no one will lecture you.

If he was driving his Corvette at 156 mph, maybe it wasn’t just about getting from Point A to Point B. Sounds like he was having fun, and calling for a ride is no fun.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
127-156 mph on city street no less? Wtf... and people want to sympathize with this guy?
Yup - absolutely no sympathy. He's lucky he's alive (well, maybe) and that the other passenger is alive as well. He could have killed multiple people.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know bro... I’m sure the “what will destroying his life accomplish” crowd is still out there. But I can hope.
Well at least for me that changes a lot. Had no sympathy in the first place to be honest, because like I said, I lost a family member to a drunk driver. Was just arguing that I don't see the point of locking him away forever. But with that new information, man he should sit a considerable time behind bars.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap! Somehow..... It was worse than I had thought. Maybe the worst possible

WHOA. He needs to spend at least 20 years in prison that is beyond inexcuseable.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t know bro... I’m sure the “what will destroying his life accomplish” crowd is still out there. But I can hope.
I mean....I have empathy for what will happen to his life. That sucks.

But he not only got behind the wheel pretty drunk, but he also drove at speeds that are lethal in most instances. He has shown judgement that indicates he is a danger to society. Henry Ruggs needs to be stripped of everything and removed from our sphere for awhile. He needs to pay amends because he took actions that shows he didn't give a crap about any of us.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He was traveling at 156 mph…impact speed was 127 mph!

He had a death wish. Sadly, he killed another.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's always a chance for redemption. You can lead AA meetings in the joint to make something of your life. Get inmates off raisin jack if you want to redeem yourself. Most recovering addicts spend years cleaning up the trail of crap they've left behind. This dude should be no exception. He can get redeemed behind bars.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woman killed in crash with Henry Ruggs identified​

RIP, Tina O. Tintor (and her dog).

Only 23 with so much of her life ahead of her. So sad.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score