OT: Arians doing it again

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fair enough kind sir. I won't argue that point with you. Clearly his boneheaded INT's are what will stop the Bucs from really being bout that action. I do think though, he'll be back next year aaaand ultimately of I had to choose between the two. Kyler all day every day is my choice.

Jameis throws for 335, but the 4 picks cost them the game. TB defense is getting better by the week, but Winston has to go. Sadly, BA wouldn't live through another season with Jameis.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Two games left, but rookie stats...

KM: 4 wins, 1 tie. 3,279 yards passing, 21 TDs (tot), 10 INTs, 87.5 Rating.
JW: 6 wins, 4,042 yards passing, 28 TDs (tot), 15 INTs, 84.2 Rating.

Seems equal to me, if not a win for Jameis. Gotta stop counting chickens before they hatch.

Dude, just be thankful that you never pursued a career that would require you to judge talent:cheers:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude, just be thankful that you never pursued a career that would require you to judge talent:cheers:
It's stuff like this that almost makes me want Kyler to struggle for a season or something. I can't stand the smugness. How dare I say wait and see during a four win season before anointing anyone the second coming or wildly better than players also slobbered over that turned out to be pedestrian or bad.

I can only imagine what it would be like for Browns fans with Baker Mayfield, Redskins fans with RG3, Mariota... etc.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's stuff like this that almost makes me want Kyler to struggle for a season or something. I can't stand the smugness. How dare I say wait and see during a four win season before anointing anyone the second coming or wildly better than players also slobbered over that turned out to be pedestrian or bad.

I can only imagine what it would be like for Browns fans with Baker Mayfield, Redskins fans with RG3, Mariota... etc.
You nearly want a player on your own team to fail just to prove a point? But when someone does it for a player on a divisional team like Jimmy or Goff, it’s a problem for you? Huh?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Relax Francis. I’m toying with you. Hence, the :cheers:. Furthermore, this has more to do with the sucktitude of JM than anything else. You’re the one that jumped on his bandwagon.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I want to clarify that yes, while he had some issues at FSU, they did not prevent him from being the first overall pick, or lead to suspension. They had all of that information in front of them. Yes, the long term showed some other issues, but given that we don't have a full career to look at with Kyler, it's hard to call him dramatically better than Winston.

For all we know, Kyler could be smuggling child clowns out of Kazakhstan and get suspended, or choose to play baseball, or just never elevate the team with his play in a way that turns into wins.

Let's make it simple without any assumptions. Kyler has no history of any problems off the field, so do not pose what has no weight. Inflecting Winston's issues on possibilities for Kyler is just reaching for dirt on pavement at the moment. Secondly, since for the most part Kyler has had a remarkable rookie season, we can only judge by what he has done and this too means one cannot inflect him dive bombing till he actually does so, so this carries no weight in the 'what about five years' from now critique. Using a worst case scenario which had not come to fruition is faulty and paranoia is not a good basis for a argument. Kyler right now is so good so far which actually tips the balance in his favor

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You nearly want a player on your own team to fail just to prove a point? But when someone does it for a player on a divisional team like Jimmy or Goff, it’s a problem for you? Huh?
I don't actually want him to, I'm just tired of the smugness. It's basically a personal attack, like I know nothing about football... and it's been going on since March or earlier. Unless I say Kyler Murray is the best QB drafted in years, and a surefire failsafe star, someone comes at me and accuses me of wanting the team to fail, or not watching football. It's exhausting, and it comes from the same people.

Relax Francis. I’m toying with you. Hence, the :cheers:. Furthermore, this has more to do with the sucktitude of JM than anything else. You’re the one that jumped on his bandwagon.
Jameis is middle of the road. Would I want him on my team? Nah, I'll pass, but we can't deny the guy is oozing talent at some times. Especially comparing year one of each player, they both had reason for fans to be excited.

Let's make it simple without any assumptions. Kyler has no history of any problems off the field, so do not pose what has no weight. Inflecting Winston's issues on possibilities for Kyler is just reaching for dirt on pavement at the moment. Secondly, since for the most part Kyler has had a remarkable rookie season, we can only judge by what he has done and this too means one cannot inflect him dive bombing till he actually does so, so this carries no weight in the 'what about five years' from now critique. Using a worst case scenario which had not come to fruition is faulty and paranoia is not a good basis for a argument. Kyler right now is so good so far which actually tips the balance in his favor
Per the bolded, Kyler has had a good season, but he hasn't had the "remarkable" season you claim. We haven't won, and he's failed to put the ball in the end zone. This is the reason I backlash so much. There are people here claiming he's already arrived, and he very much hasn't. He's got potential to be amazing, and there's very few young QBs I would trade for him at the moment, but he's not a superstar.

Especially not in the context of what turned this into another Kyler thread, which was saying KK + KM are better than Arians & Winston, or that Kyler >>>>>> Winston. Neither are true. We have so far to go.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Well, because of BASK's PA (York County) roots & friendships here, I DO know more of the story. I've alluded to much of it & some on this board poo poo what I've told them. Call me sometime. I've literally sat at the table & listened very closely. And yes, adult beverages can be a truth serum.

I don't have your number but I would love to hear this story.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Jameis throws for 335, but the 4 picks cost them the game. TB defense is getting better by the week, but Winston has to go. Sadly, BA wouldn't live through another season with Jameis.

Philip Rivers and David Johnson as off season additions for Tampa. It would be exciting to see.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree, he has 31 TDs and 28 interceptions. Those interceptions have costs them games. BA will push to sign or trade for a veteran QB like they did here with Carson.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Agree, he has 31 TDs and 28 interceptions. Those interceptions have costs them games. BA will push to sign or trade for a veteran QB like they did here with Carson.

No chance they move on from Jameis despite the TO’s. He’s too young and talented still. They’ll franchise him and make a decision after another year in BA’s system.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

PA, I thought of you on Saturday. I was sure you would give me the business. Thanks for going easy on me sir. LOL!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't actually want him to, I'm just tired of the smugness. It's basically a personal attack, like I know nothing about football... and it's been going on since March or earlier. Unless I say Kyler Murray is the best QB drafted in years, and a surefire failsafe star, someone comes at me and accuses me of wanting the team to fail, or not watching football. It's exhausting, and it comes from the same people.

Jameis is middle of the road. Would I want him on my team? Nah, I'll pass, but we can't deny the guy is oozing talent at some times. Especially comparing year one of each player, they both had reason for fans to be excited.

Per the bolded, Kyler has had a good season, but he hasn't had the "remarkable" season you claim. We haven't won, and he's failed to put the ball in the end zone. This is the reason I backlash so much. There are people here claiming he's already arrived, and he very much hasn't. He's got potential to be amazing, and there's very few young QBs I would trade for him at the moment, but he's not a superstar.

Especially not in the context of what turned this into another Kyler thread, which was saying KK + KM are better than Arians & Winston, or that Kyler >>>>>> Winston. Neither are true. We have so far to go.

I actually wouldn't struggle to say Kyler is better than Jameis. Turnover margin is one of the biggest predictors of wins and losses in the NFL. Jameis has 28 INT's and 5 lost fumbles so 31 turnovers. Kyler has 10 INT's and 0 lost fumbles so 10. Jameis has 21 more turnovers than Kyler. I won't go into the whole expected points thing because you need to know where the ball was turned over to do that but in general a Turnover costs you about 5 to 6 points. 2.5 to 3 they score and the 2.5 you don't score because you lost the ball. so we're talking in the neighborhood of 45 to 60 points Jameis cost his team. 31 Td's 1 rushing td so 32, 18 and 4 for Kyler so 22. So 10 more TD's, 21 more turnovers. I'm going to guess if we traded teams so Kyler had the 2 elite Wr's his TD stats would go up, his picks might too as he'd go downfield more but the TD stat is a bit misleading IMO because of how good their 2 Wr's are. I would assume Winston might throw even more picks in our offense what we do, the shorter stuff, is exactly what he sucks at he's too impatient he forces the ball into tight windows and turns it over. He's thrown the ball 100 times more than Kyler so maybe his picks would go down because of that I don't know.

He's obviously got talent the passing yards and the TD's are very impressive, but the turnovers just don't stop he's got the highest INT% of his career playing for Arians who's supposed to be a QB guru. I know that means more deep shots but some of the picks Jameis throws are still rookie mistakes. He'll only be 26 in January but there's just no indication he's close to getting past all these turnovers.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Your memory of Stanton is revisionist history. His 9-4 record is extremely misleading. Our D kept us in those games, and our division was a mess then. Stanton was lucky to complete 50% of his passes. I don't hate Stanton, as he was a good guy. But he was a pretty lousy QB regardless of the W/L record. I watch football to be entertained, and Stanton was about as entertaining as a 60 year old stripper.
You have a lot of excuses for why Stanton won.

So, yesterday Murray's win wasn't really a win since the defense and running game won it.

Cannot count the Giants win either, can you?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have a lot of excuses for why Stanton won.

So, yesterday Murray's win wasn't really a win since the defense and running game won it.

Cannot count the Giants win either, can you?

I think you're grasping at straws my friend. Murray left the game yesterday a little after halftime up 20-7. It should have been more because the Fitz TD reversal was incorrect. And he contributed with both his arm & legs. You know & I know that the weather in the Giants game forced us to run the ball more or KM would have torched that pathetic Giant's secondary. It's a weak argument you're trying to make. What made Stanton even worse was that he couldn't stay healthy as our backup, which forced us into our 3rd string QB. And we know how that worked out.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think you're grasping at straws my friend. Murray left the game yesterday a little after halftime up 20-7. It should have been more because the Fitz TD reversal was incorrect. And he contributed with both his arm & legs. You know & I know that the weather in the Giants game forced us to run the ball more or KM would have torched that pathetic Giant's secondary. It's a weak argument you're trying to make. What made Stanton even worse was that he couldn't stay healthy as our backup, which forced us into our 3rd string QB. And we know how that worked out.

Its a weak argument you and others made about Stanton to be fair.

The guy won when he was in there. Not sure what else you can ask for.

In one hand I sit here reading about people making excuses for why Murray lost games, and in the other I sit here reading about people making excuses why Stanton won.

Seems rather silly to me in general.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a weak argument you and others made about Stanton to be fair.

The guy won when he was in there. Not sure what else you can ask for.

In one hand I sit here reading about people making excuses for why Murray lost games, and in the other I sit here reading about people making excuses why Stanton won.

Seems rather silly to me in general.

It’s not a weak argument. Murray is like 1,000,000,000 x better than Stanton. I’d pay money to watch Murray & someone would have to pay me money to watch Stanton. I don’t give a rat’s behind what Stantons record was. If he was 9-4, it certainly wasn’t because of anything he did.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn