OT: Arians doing it again

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It felt like Bucs were going to be 5-11 after first 10 games of the season. Arians says not on my watch and now they are 7-7. Is there a computer program Arians runs to generate a 8-8 seasons like a robot?

Whether you like Arians personality or not, but that man can coach. He is a top 10 coach in the league.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Are we really that much worse than the Bucs?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It felt like Bucs were going to be 5-11 after first 10 games of the season. Arians says not on my watch and now they are 7-7. Is there a computer program Arians runs to generate a 8-8 seasons like a robot?

Whether you like Arians personality or not, but that man can coach. He is a top 10 coach in the league.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

It's like this, if you cannot win a championship it comes down to the same scenario except with worst draft picks if you win enough. Being a Cardinal fan, it's pretty dang sweet being around 8-8 and above but maybe we should check ourselves because if Arians was the coach of a storied franchise, people might be saying he's not a top ten coach which is why freaking Whisenhunt still holds the edge on him because he got to one

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Arians is a great coach and it was sad to see him go but Kliff + Kyler > Bruce + Jameis

The difference is, BA knows how to win games. Kliff is still learning how to do this. If we pull out a win in SEA or LA, I’ll feel real confident he will be on a very solid track towards success.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Arians is a great coach and it was sad to see him go but Kliff + Kyler > Bruce + Jameis
Dude, really? 2x coach of the year and a guy who can/has put up top ten passing numbers throughout his career, vs. the "I can't win in college much less the NFL" head coach and a rookie? Rose colored glasses. Not that I love Jameis, but Kliff can't hold Bruce's jock strap.

Are we really that much worse than the Bucs?
Yes. All the way around.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BA is a very good HC. Too bad we almost never had a healthy Palmer during his tenure. And by the way, K1 is >>>>>> Jameis. Just longing for the day that Murray has WR weapons.
Well we had a chance to get our Chris Godwin, but passed.

Instead we got a guy who is probably not better than Bucs 6th rounder Scotty Miller.

Im sure this hindsight talks annoys a few posters.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And by the way, K1 is >>>>>> Jameis.

You must be registered for see images attach

Two games left, but rookie stats...

KM: 4 wins, 1 tie. 3,279 yards passing, 21 TDs (tot), 10 INTs, 87.5 Rating.
JW: 6 wins, 4,042 yards passing, 28 TDs (tot), 15 INTs, 84.2 Rating.

Seems equal to me, if not a win for Jameis. Gotta stop counting chickens before they hatch.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Seems equal to me, if not a win for Jameis. Gotta stop counting chickens before they hatch.

If I'm alive in 10 years, we'll look back at how their careers played out. Jameis is a moron, but has BA & some serious talent to throw to.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If I'm alive in 10 years, we'll look back at how their careers played out. Jameis is a moron, but has BA & some serious talent to throw to.
Looking forward to having the argument and being on the wrong side. Just so we're clear though, I totally think Kyler is better, with more ahead of him, just that he's not wildly better than him, with only a year under his belt. I'm sure if you polled a bunch of Bucs fans in 2015, they'd have been sure Jameis was the next big superstar.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Too bad that Jameis has produced an epically bad 82 ints and 31 fumbles lost in his pretty short career.

In Jameis best year for TOs he still had 19 TOs.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This really speaks volume when Jameis has 2 WR1s & Kyler barely has a WR2.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Too bad that Jameis has produced an epically bad 82 ints and 31 fumbles lost in his pretty short career.

In Jameis best year for TOs he still had 19 TOs.
Jameis isn't a guy I'd want either, but I just really can't stand taking a one year sample size and pretending we can't fall into the same horrible trap. Winston set all kinds of records, and then became a player that his team can't decide upon as the future.

But what they do have is a really good coach, that's far outperforming us, and beat us head to head. We have the guy we're praying is going to become different than he's ever been.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really is apples and oranges at times when comparing player performance since football isnt an individual sport.
Yup. I do think Jameis is a unique player though. Not necessarily good or bad. Just unique

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jameis isn't a guy I'd want either, but I just really can't stand taking a one year sample size and pretending we can't fall into the same horrible trap. Winston set all kinds of records, and then became a player that his team can't decide upon as the future.

But what they do have is a really good coach, that's far outperforming us, and beat us head to head. We have the guy we're praying is going to become different than he's ever been.

The Bucaneers have a significantly better roster.

I loved Arians for awhile but I've moved on. Got really sick of seeing 30 yard throws incomplete on 3rd & 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson