OT: Arians doing it again

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Last I looked the NFL counted wins and losses not style points .
Last I checked more than just the QB contribute to winning games. The fact that you seem to be unable to understand that is puzzling. I have little doubt in my mind that if KM could play with the defense that Stanton had or the overall supporting cast that Smith had he would have won a bunch of games this year. Unfortunately he had a pretty poor supporting cast and and a very bad defense.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Last I checked more than just the QB contribute to winning games. The fact that you seem to be unable to understand that is puzzling. I have little doubt in my mind that if KM could play with the defense that Stanton had or the overall supporting cast that Smith had he would have won a bunch of games this year. Unfortunately he had a pretty poor supporting cast and and a very bad defense.
Why do you and the excuse brigade run out the "its not Kyler fault" every time?A "transcendent" QB with a better team than last year......yes more was expected.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Why do you and the excuse brigade run out the "its not Kyler fault" every time?A "transcendent" QB with a better team than last year......yes more was expected.
You are misrepresenting my argument. I never called Murray a transcendent player and I have never said the record isn't his fault. I am simply taking the stance that Kyler had a solid season and pretty darn good season for a rookie and thus doesn't deserve to be blamed for all of the teams losses. Win/loss is not nearly as black and white as you seem to be suggesting it is.

Reaction score

Still living in the past I see. Again, only one poster posted that & it was back in April. You just can't let stuff go can you?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You are misrepresenting my argument. I never called Murray a transcendent player and I have never said the record isn't his fault. I am simply taking the stance that Kyler had a solid season and pretty darn good season for a rookie and thus doesn't deserve to be blamed for all of the teams losses. Win/loss is not nearly as black and white as you seem to be suggesting it is.
The late season momentum really changed my perspective on this. KM has had the ball in his hands in some opportunities to win, but he showed growth against good teams. Early on, it felt like all the kid could do was post great numbers against bad teams, or when good teams weren't paying attention and put their foot on his throat. I feel a lot different now.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
considering KM was 1-7 versus teams with winning records( opponets record 60-20)
163-267-1877-7 td passes-4 interceptions

4-3-1 versus teams with even or losing records ( opponets record 42-86-1)
186-285-1835-13 td passes-8 interceptions

6 double digit losses
2 double digit wins

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
considering KM was 1-7 versus teams with winning records( opponets record 60-20)
163-267-1877-7 td passes-4 interceptions

4-3-1 versus teams with even or losing records ( opponets record 42-86-1)
186-285-1835-13 td passes-8 interceptions

6 double digit losses
2 double digit wins

I don’t think that’s a significant deterrent for a first year player but next season is big. He won’t be judged based off rookie stats anymore.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The late season momentum really changed my perspective on this. KM has had the ball in his hands in some opportunities to win, but he showed growth against good teams. Early on, it felt like all the kid could do was post great numbers against bad teams, or when good teams weren't paying attention and put their foot on his throat. I feel a lot different now.

Hope you had a good Christmas and happy New year, solar.