OT: Arians doing it again

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
What Arians has done with the Bucs is also a sign that Keim has been worst than what people think. His supporters point to those years and say he was good then and has only had trouble the last 2 years. What was really happening is that Arians coach was masking Keim's shortcomings. Arians's last two years here were really 3 or 4 win teams that he somehow got to 7 and 8 wins. So really Keim has only been fielding 4 win teams talent wise the last 4 years and before that he was living off of talent Graves brought in.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What Arians has done with the Bucs is also a sign that Keim has been worst than what people think. His supporters point to those years and say he was good then and has only had trouble the last 2 years. What was really happening is that Arians coach was masking Keim's shortcomings. Arians's last two years here were really 3 or 4 win teams that he somehow got to 7 and 8 wins. So really Keim has only been fielding 4 win teams talent wise the last 4 years and before that he was living off of talent Graves brought in.

Some people here were already saying this — including last year when people were saying that Wilks was definitely an upgrade over Arians.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why January Solar 7? What's happening then? I can't wait till March & the FA period to start, then the draft. KM Will be just fine. Any QB needs a good OL & weapons at his disposal, wouldn't hurt to have a good defense also lol. Ours is crap right now.
I'm excited for January because we can see if it's finally the end of Keim.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited for January because we can see if it's finally the end of Keim.

dude, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if this is what you're excited for.

i'd love for it to happen, but come on... you know it won't. only way it does is if we just absolutely shellacked in the last two games, which most likely WILL happen. but they have to be such dispiriting defeats that make us a total laughingstock.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
dude, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if this is what you're excited for.

i'd love for it to happen, but come on... you know it won't. only way it does is if we just absolutely shellacked in the last two games, which most likely WILL happen. but they have to be such dispiriting defeats that make us a total laughingstock.
Well, if it doesn't happen, I can go through the offseason assuming we're going to screw everything up, and not get my hopes up for anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Seriously. If we'd ended the season on a nine-game losing streak — plus having only beaten/tied teams picking alongside us in the top 5 — there was only a 40% chance he'd be fired. This is a family business, and Michael Bidwill hired Steve Keim. Steve Keim hired Kliff Kingsbury. Steve Keim drafted Kyler Murray. Probably two of these three guys (at least) need to sour on Keim for anything to happen.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If KK and K1 got owned by Wilks defense, then Keim was on the way out the door. The fact that the exact opposite happened and it was the last home game means Keim most likely gets at least one more year.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Seriously. If we'd ended the season on a nine-game losing streak — plus having only beaten/tied teams picking alongside us in the top 5 — there was only a 40% chance he'd be fired. This is a family business, and Michael Bidwill hired Steve Keim. Steve Keim hired Kliff Kingsbury. Steve Keim drafted Kyler Murray. Probably two of these three guys (at least) need to sour on Keim for anything to happen.

You just ruined my afternoon.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I honestly don't even think VJ will get fired. I would guess they will wait to see what he can do with better talent.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I really didn't want to be the guy with this opinion, but dammit D, you beat me to it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Who ordered the code red? I can handle the truth and would like to know who was responsible for drafting during BA's time here.

BA is a hell of a coach and I cant see him sitting back and having limted say so on the roster/draft picks

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is absolute insanity. Kyler derangement syndrome goes both ways.

Insanity? Watching Stanton under center was like watching paint dry. That was insanity. I may have been stretching it a bit at 1-15. But I definitely would take a 4-5 win season under Murray than an 8 win season watching a Stanton led offense.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PA, I disagree with far better. I watch enough Bucs football as my wife is Tampa fan, and Jameis has made throws this year Kyler hasn't come close to. The man had 225 yards passing in the first quarter last week, with no Evans. If he can get his head out of his behind and lessen the dumb throws, he has some serious talent that can elevate that team. I believe he'll be back next year much better having had the benefit of BA's tutelage.

It’s a huge IF to think that Jameis will be able to pull his head out of his a$$. A tiger is a tiger. No one is saying that Jameis doesn’t have talent. But even under the tutelage of the QB whisperer, he still can’t stop turning the ball over. With BA’s advanced age, I can’t see him being there long enough to fix that portion of Jameis that continues to drive Bucs fans crazy. In addition to being a more talented overall QB, where Murray really separates himself from Jameis is in how firmly is head is in the game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Insanity? Watching Stanton under center was like watching paint dry. That was insanity. I may have been stretching it a bit at 1-15. But I definitely would take a 4-5 win season under Murray than an 8 win season watching a Stanton led offense.

It's a weird assumption to think that Stanton would go 8-8 as a starter considering during his time here he was 9-4 as a starter. There's no foundation for hating Stanton as a starting QB. He didn't put up fireworks here, but he got the job done.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a weird assumption to think that Stanton would go 8-8 as a starter considering during his time here he was 9-4 as a starter. There's no foundation for hating Stanton as a starting QB. He didn't put up fireworks here, but he got the job done.

Your memory of Stanton is revisionist history. His 9-4 record is extremely misleading. Our D kept us in those games, and our division was a mess then. Stanton was lucky to complete 50% of his passes. I don't hate Stanton, as he was a good guy. But he was a pretty lousy QB regardless of the W/L record. I watch football to be entertained, and Stanton was about as entertaining as a 60 year old stripper.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s a huge IF to think that Jameis will be able to pull his head out of his a$$. A tiger is a tiger. No one is saying that Jameis doesn’t have talent. But even under the tutelage of the QB whisperer, he still can’t stop turning the ball over. With BA’s advanced age, I can’t see him being there long enough to fix that portion of Jameis that continues to drive Bucs fans crazy. In addition to being a more talented overall QB, where Murray really separates himself from Jameis is in how firmly is head is in the game.
"A tiger is a tiger"

...Says someone who believes for some reason that Kliff Kingsbury is going to become a winning head coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"A tiger is a tiger"

...Says someone who believes for some reason that Kliff Kingsbury is going to become a winning head coach.

You have me confused with someone else. I’m a KM diehard. I truly want KK to succeed, but he’s not nearly as sure a bet to me as KM is. KK is 40 years old also. May too early to throw him under the bus because he was roughly a .500 HC at the college level while in his early 30’s.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not surprised the Bucs are playing well. Jameis has always been able to get hot and Godwin’s arc was becoming a star eventually. We really handed them a win though (along with the refs).

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just to be accurate, BA coached at Temple, but his alma mater was Virginia Tech. But, BA was truly stubborn about not drafting a QB. BA’s stubbornness to not go through a short rebuild after the drubbing in the NFC Championship game against the Panthers & then the Wilks debacle is the reason why we are now in a 3 year rebuild.
Now that you mention it, I do remember knowing at one time BA went to VA. Tech. Just forgot because he coached at Temple. Thanks for reminding me. Yes, you're right, he is stubborn.