Oppenheimer

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, Roberts' son Peter and I were running partners back in the early 70's in Santa Fe. He was a very introverted loner. But we got on pretty well. Most people had no clue who he was.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS, I thought the TV series Manhatten was pretty good. Oppenheimer wasn't the featured character, his aura was everywhere though.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'll watch anything sight unseen by Nolan. A topic I am interested in, even better.
Same. I'm not watching this trailer since I know I want to see it. Same thing with the new Dune trailer. I've avoiding trailers completely now if I know I want to see it. They've always had the potential for spoilers but it feels like it's getting worse lately.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. I'm not watching this trailer since I know I want to see it. Same thing with the new Dune trailer. I've avoiding trailers completely now if I know I want to see it. They've always had the potential for spoilers but it feels like it's getting worse lately.
That is almost always how I roll. I try to have no opinions of a movie going in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a big Chris Nolan movie can’t make bank anymore, I’ll be very sad. In order for original dramas/comedies to get made, people have to show up to the theaters for more than the next Marvel or Star Wars movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is almost always how I roll. I try to have no opinions of a movie going in.
I used to be like this. However, with a family? I am not dropping serious dough on a crapfest. I try and have a pretty good idea going in what I am seeing.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I used to be like this. However, with a family? I am not dropping serious dough on a crapfest. I try and have a pretty good idea going in what I am seeing.
I don't want a crapfest either but I don't think trailers are good for that. They can be way too misleading. Instead I have a handful of reviewers that I've refined over the years. Generally they're all people that have tastes similar myself based on their review history. I think of it as my own RT Top Critics.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want a crapfest either but I don't think trailers are good for that. They can be way too misleading. Instead I have a handful of reviewers that I've refined over the years. Generally they're all people that have tastes similar myself based on their review history. I think of it as my own RT Top Critics.
Oh I agree. I just don't rely on trailers. I look at them, pre-buzz, early reviews and word of mouth. If I didn't, there is definitely and bunch of films I would have seen and wasted on those crapfests.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
After this tweet it better be a bass monster…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose