Oppenheimer

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this. Curious how it will treat the decision to use the bomb in WWII.
Someday they will do this about the Super Collider and how it could have created a black hole and destroyed Earth, but we decided to fire it up anyway! I remember one of my nerd friends knowing the moment the experiment happened in AZ time, and letting us all know, well we are still here!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someday they will do this about the Super Collider and how it could have created a black hole and destroyed Earth, but we decided to fire it up anyway! I remember one of my nerd friends knowing the moment the experiment happened in AZ time, and letting us all know, well we are still here!

Well, now you know the reason we haven't heard anything from Earth 87 since they turned on their collider!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
REALLY tough to temper my expectations for this movie:

Tried last night to get IMAX Chinese Theater Tickets… couldn’t get them until the TUESDAY after it opens. At 955 pm, no less.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
REALLY tough to temper my expectations for this movie:

Tried last night to get IMAX Chinese Theater Tickets… couldn’t get them until the TUESDAY after it opens. At 955 pm, no less.
Glad to see people are really wanting to see this. I was thinking they missed their core audience by about 30 years. I was figuring only old farts like me would go, but younger people on social media seem interested to see it as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see people are really wanting to see this. I was thinking they missed their core audience by about 30 years. I was figuring only old farts like me would go, but younger people on social media seem interested to see it as well.
we'll see. the clamor to see this in IMAX may just be an LA thing since we're the cinefile capital of the world. I hope this is great though and if so, gets the accolades and box office it deserves. it's the only way we're going to continue to get huge adult dramas, which even now are tiny in number.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am surprised they even use film anymore! How long before digital can surpass the quality of this format? I know IMax is considered superior to digital right now.

Brings back memories of threading high speed cameras with film in my old days working at a test site.