Only one starter below Kyler Murray in new QB rankings

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Brian in Mesa, Jun 10, 2019.

1. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

I assume you are talking about the post where he said "Wilson is the closest comparison you can make to Murray, but Murray has a stronger arm, is faster, and more athletic". That is clearly in the context of talking about the two of them in comparison as prospects or their potential. That post did not suggest that Murray is already the better player nor did it guarantee that he would be. It simply states the physical things that Murray has over Wilson. Just because someone is excited about Kyler or optimistic doesn't mean they are guaranteeing his success.

PACardsFan, daves and Krangthebrain like this.
  2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

He just gets all bent out of shape if anything nice is said about Murray or Murray's potential.

Murray is a much better prospect than Wilson coming out. Any scout would tell you that.

Here Solar...I'll make you feel better. Murray is slow, inaccurate, loafs at practice, and is a midget. Worst pick ever! The Cardinals will rule the day and will suffer through 1,000 losing years because of him.

3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I'm not the only person calling you guys out for over the moon positivity. It's not like I made this thread of even commented until page 2.

4. CardsSunsDbacks

Murray is a great prospect that has the skill set that could achieve great things. Why wouldn't we be extremely positive about that?

PACardsFan likes this.
  5. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Or they could all be better than Murray, and everyone realizes that Murray was only 30% of that equation. Both possibilities are available.

Solar7 likes this.
  6. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

This conversation is confusing me to no end.

From what I understand here, the fair comparison is to only compare Russell Wilson to Kyler Murray as prospects on paper but to evaluate the team around him...now we need to look at NFL success not prospects on paper.

I think the entire thing is an exercise in futility.

daves likes this.
  7. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

The games cannot start soon enough.

8. CardsSunsDbacks

All we can possibly do right now is compare Murray to players in a theoretical sense because he hasn't played games yet. When we have actually seen Murray play a decent amount of games there won't be any need for theoretical comparisons. The best player to try and compare him to right now is RW though as their measurables and skill sets are pretty similar.

PACardsFan likes this.
  9. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Because there are significant downsides to the player too? If this were Andrew Luck I wouldn't fault you for extreme positivity.

Yeah, I think it's silly too. At the end of the day, there's too many "yeah but" kind of arguments to be had.

10. CardsSunsDbacks

There is far more upsides to Murray than there are downsides and thus I am optimistic about him. You seem to be hung up on the few question marks and can't allow yourself to buy into the obvious talent. Feel free to believe what you want to believe, but don't expect the people that aren't being blinded by negativity to side with you. ;)

daves likes this.
  11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I don't expect anyone to side with me, that's totally fine, but it is hard when I try to have an honest conversation about how I think the team is going to perform as a whole and someone says something like the O-Line isn't a problem because Kyler's going to make them better by scrambling.

I'm working on trying to talk about him and the team in a different way so we can cut down on the obnoxious back and forths, but a lot of this reminds me of the Mitch drama, where points are presented as objective fact and and indeed are not objective facts.

12. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I am/was on Team Murray but his chance of busting is enormous. It's easy to get excited about the top end of the spectrum of outcomes though.

Stout, cardncubfan, daves and 2 others like this.
  13. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

I feel bad for the last place guy if he's not a rookie! :)

14. CardsSunsDbacks

You have to understand that those opinions are no where near a norm on this site. Sure there may be 1 or 2 posters that believe that his scrambling will mean that the OLine won't matter, but that is not the norm. You also need to understand that someone for instance saying that Murray's scrambling can help the OLine is not the same as saying that it makes the OLine not matter at all or fixes any difficiencies whatsoever.

It seems to me that while there are some posts that are completely unrealistic on this site there are also points that you seem to be completely misunderstanding the context of. It just seems like sometimes you just don't seem to allow for any grey area and everything has to be very black and white. But hey, that's just what I see from my point of view and I am certainly not always right. Either way I am having fun discussing it whether it seems to be going anywhere or not.

daves likes this.
  15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Time will tell how it all plays out, but I agree with you. Murray's potential is scary & Murray was a better, maybe much better college QB than Wilson. But, Wilson is a gamer, and almost always better in crunch time. If not for a horrible play call, he would be wearing 2 SB rings & a lock for the HOF, which he may already be anyways.