Oklahoma Targeting Kliff Kingsbury for HC Vacancy

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
"In late October, a student videographer was killed during practice when the hydraulic lift he was using collapsed due to high winds. Kelly acknowledged it was his decision to hold practice outdoors that day.[9] The University was fined $77,500 by the Indiana Occupational Health and Safety Administration for safety violations related to the incident. "

Brian Kelly in hurricane country? Yikes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s up to Kliff. I doubt the Cardinals are going to or will want to compete with the effed up college situation.
The Cards will look to extend him in the off season. They will make a great offer but it isn’t going to come close to what USC gave Riley.
Eric Bieniemy would be at the top of my list should Kingsbury decides to bolt.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Looks like Brian Kelly is going to get about 9.5 million dollars a year from LSU.. But he was only making 2.7 million a year at Notre Dame.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals would absolutely get slayed in court of public opinion for letting a coach, who just won the division, the playoffs...whatever, walk because they were too cheap to pay him. Maybe in the Sr days that would happen, i don't think so with Mike.

Besides, who cares what Bidwill pays Kliff? It doesn't count against the salary cap. They have maxed out the salary cap for many years. That won't change. It's their money, they can do with it what they want. That's how I see it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Brian Kelly is going to get about 9.5 million dollars a year from LSU.. But he was only making 2.7 million a year at Notre Dame.
I think he isn't going to be a good fit with LSU fans and the SEC overall.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s up to Kliff. I doubt the Cardinals are going to or will want to compete with the effed up college situation.
The Cards will look to extend him in the off season. They will make a great offer but it isn’t going to come close to what USC gave Riley.
Eric Bieniemy would be at the top of my list should Kingsbury decides to bolt.
Not happening.

Vance Joseph would become head coach guarenteed. Question is who becomes the offensive coordinator.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wife just sent me a tweet that Norte Dame has Kliff on their list as well.. that agent making money!!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"Although the coach can’t be forced to stay on the job with his NFL team, he can be prevented (by court order, if need be) from coaching anywhere else. "

forgot this part from my old business law classes

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Wife just sent me a tweet that Norte Dame has Kliff on their list as well.. that agent making money!!
Kliff is making 5.5 in AZ....Brian Kelly was making just 2.7 at Notre Dame and left them for 9.5 at LSU. Kliff isn't even sniffing around South Bend and if his agent is, he's a horrible agent thinking he can use Notre Dame as leverage.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Couple of things...This right here is why KK isn't going back to college. If he wanted a college job, he would have made sure his name was circulated for USC, not OK. He's adapted to the West Coast lifestyle. He's not going back to a flyover state.

Secondly, those of you saying the college game is harder than NFL are obviously forgetting a few things and coaches. Look no further than The Old Ball Coach. He was shocked at how much more time the NFL game took away from his personal life...couldn't play golf daily, like he could at Florida. That's a big reason he bailed and went back to college (the other was obviously thinking Danny Weurfel could be successful in the NFL). These big name college coaches aren't on the daily grind for recruiting....they are only brought in as closers, when needed or if it's a super high 4/5 star recruit. In the NFL, you often hear stories of coaches like Gruden, Belichick, Dungy, etc basically living in their office...even sleeping there, because the pro game requires them to eat and sleep football 24/7.
All this...but Kliff from what everyone says lives football 24/7.

Kliff has said that recruiting was his least favorite thing about college football so I think he knows that the pro game is for him.

He has a player personnel department that handles player procurement with only some input from him.

I think if things ultimately don't work out for Kliff, he'll stick around the NFL. As much as some Cardinals fans have crapped on Kliff, 31 NFL teams would want him in some capacity if he didn't work out here.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
All this...but Kliff from what everyone says lives football 24/7.

Kliff has said that recruiting was his least favorite thing about college football so I think he knows that the pro game is for him.

He has a player personnel department that handles player procurement with only some input from him.

I think if things ultimately don't work out for Kliff, he'll stick around the NFL. As much as some Cardinals fans have crapped on Kliff, 31 NFL teams would want him in some capacity if he didn't work out here.
Totally agree...He'll be a very in demand OC, if he flames out as a head coach.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Has KK denied interest? He would have to act quickly if he was going to college. They're not going to wait around to hire a new guy with the way recruiting is these days.

Wildcard for ND(Fickell is obvious choice), Urban Meyer. I'm sure Jax would allow him to go and he's always said OSU and ND were his dream jobs.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Has KK denied interest? He would have to act quickly if he was going to college. They're not going to wait around to hire a new guy with the way recruiting is these days.

Wildcard for ND(Fickell is obvious choice), Urban Meyer. I'm sure Jax would allow him to go and he's always said OSU and ND were his dream jobs.
Urban Meyer is getting 10 million on Jax. Notre Dame won't come close to that.... AND they have enrollment requirements. Notre Dame is nothing but leverage for these bigger name coaches.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Not happening.

Vance Joseph would become head coach guarenteed. Question is who becomes the offensive coordinator.
Probably with Marcus Robertson promoted to D.C. but I don't think Kingsbury is going back to college no natter how much smoke his agent blows. He flunked out last time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Urban Meyer is getting 10 million on Jax. Notre Dame won't come close to that.... AND they have enrollment requirements. Notre Dame is nothing but leverage for these bigger name coaches.
Its nigh impossible for ND to compete with the Alabamas of college football in today's climate. ND has to hope for a marquee mid major coach or a coach who is at somewhere like Indiana.

There are probably about 10 schools that could replicate the kind of success Alabama is having.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not happening.

Didn’t know you had an inside connection. Your opinion can’t guarantee anything. All of this is conjecture. Personally I don’t believe Kingsbury is going anywhere but I can’t guarantee it. These rumors will get him a raise and extension. He is under contract so I don’t believe he can go anywhere legally. Now if we go on to lose 5 out of our last 6 games that might change everything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson