Oklahoma Targeting Kliff Kingsbury for HC Vacancy

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Its nigh impossible for ND to compete with the Alabamas of college football in today's climate. ND has to hope for a marquee mid major coach or a coach who is at somewhere like Indiana.

There are probably about 10 schools that could replicate the kind of success Alabama is having.

I think it is much fewer than 10 and it really starts with Saban

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I mean the kids can go where they want but Riley is going savage mode. @SoonerLou @Crimson Warrior

Eh. I don't follow it very closely, but my impression is that college recruiting is even more of a crap shoot than the NFL draft. Losing kids from the 2023 class doesn't bother me too much because our talent pipeline was already overflowing. Not saying it's cool or anything, but there's always the junior college ranks, and the transfer portal now too.

OU is a true "blue blood" NCAA program. College football royalty. In the long run, we're going to be okay.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can’t keep kids from transferring but the play-right-away rule is hurting CFB and helping nudge kids out.
I have no issues with play right away. Kids all of the time commit to a school where they are told they are going to be the guy, only for a higher ranked kid to come in at the last moment and take the spot.

It is the kids future at stake, the college and coaches will move on without them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't know jack about football so I just roam around the edges.

btw, my little brother found my '65 high school annual and surprised me with it at Thanksgiving dinner. There's a pick of me with the team so at least I knew how to put a jersey on!
But apparently not how to post the actual picture.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But apparently not how to post the actual picture.

Well, I wasn't going to post it unless someone asked, so I'll take this as my cue.. it's a crumby pic but here it is nonetheless.

Yours truly # 82
You must be registered for see images attach

Here I am when I played for the Cards... I got traded to the Jags and I'm on IR now.

Sincerely,
Dan Arnold.

Edit to add: No discrimination then... Latino, Mescalero Apaches and white!! Still see some of those guys on occasion. loved them.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I have no issues with play right away. Kids all of the time commit to a school where they are told they are going to be the guy, only for a higher ranked kid to come in at the last moment and take the spot.

It is the kids future at stake, the college and coaches will move on without them.

Agree 1000%. The new transfer and NIL rules take away from the tradition and "purity" of the college game.

But they are also long overdue in terms of giving a fair shake to the players, who generate tens of millions of dollars annually for their respective University's athletic depts.

It had to happen in my opinion.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
per Ian Rapport on the Rich Eisen Show today

Eisen: "Is Kingsbury interested in any of these college gigs?"

Rapport "No"

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After a lack of success in the college game as a head coach, the Cardinals to the shock of everyone picked Kliff to be their head coach. After two uneven seasons that had him on the hot seat to start the year, he's come into his own and discovered that his talents seem to fit much better in the NFL. He has, however, yet to coach in a single NFL playoff game. I don't see why he would be at the top of any college's coaching list at this point. The resume just isn't there. These blue blood college football institutions are not going to go after a coach who has had the limited success that Kliff has had. Makes no sense for either party. This is 100% Kliff's agent playing the game. It's not going to work as well as they like though because it's too transparent. Kliff leaving works for nobody.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't going to post it unless someone asked, so I'll take this as my cue.. it's a crumby pic but here it is nonetheless.

Yours truly # 82

Here I am when I played for the Cards... I got traded to the Jags and I'm on IR now.

Sincerely,
Dan Arnold.

Edit to add: No discrimination then... Latino, Mescalero Apaches and white!! Still see some of those guys on occasion. loved them.
That’s awesome!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You mean like transfer portal is doing to HS recruits? It’s a necessary evil but breeds lack of competition.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Yours truly # 82

Sincerely,
Dan Arnold.

They let the water boy wear Jersey's back in the day?:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson