Ok, I'm jumping the bandwagon. I officially hate Amare too

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I usually praise amare, I love the guy and always stuck up for him. Now, I'm pissed off at this selfish SOB.

It all started with seeing Steve Nash crying in the locker room... Then seeing Amare partying it up at the "W" hotel that same day they got knocked out.. Lou Amundson was there too.

He just lost in the biggest game of his career and here he is at a freaking hotel night club drinking and partying it up while his teamate was crushed and crying in the locker room because he realized how devastating the loss was. Then to top it all off, that ass had the nerve to lay his hands on my cousin from behind and start rubbing her shoulders.. I mean, who does this guy think he is doing something like that?

I'd never thought I'd say this, but amare can go (fill in the blank) himself..

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sounds like Barkley, except Barkley was partying the night BEFORE the games...

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you pissed at him for groping your cousin? is your cousin complaining? :D

Are you saying you have never partied after flunking a test, to drown your sadness so to speak? Everyone is not Steve Nash, we cope with sadness in different ways.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Maybe Nash himself partied some place that night too. After all, it's still a quite improbable achievement to get thus far in a season of no expecation. Maybe his tears were because he knew Amare were leaving and that game was his own last chance to the finals.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare's three rebound playoff game didnt anger you more???

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I usually praise amare, I love the guy and always stuck up for him. Now, I'm pissed off at this selfish SOB.

It all started with seeing Steve Nash crying in the locker room... Then seeing Amare partying it up at the "W" hotel that same day they got knocked out.. Lou Amundson was there too.

He just lost in the biggest game of his career and here he is at a freaking hotel night club drinking and partying it up while his teamate was crushed and crying in the locker room because he realized how devastating the loss was. Then to top it all off, that ass had the nerve to lay his hands on my cousin from behind and start rubbing her shoulders.. I mean, who does this guy think he is doing something like that?

We need pics to determine how upset you should be

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had his hands all over your cousin?

Well, that tells us that she's not "on the rebound." :D

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

A multi-millionaire lol. AMare can go F himself. I agree.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your cousin is hot, I can't blame him. If she is not and Amare had beer goggles on...I can't blame him. Now the guy can't go out and drink his ass off after getting bounced? I swear, you Amare haters kill me.

Amare should be at home wallowing in self pity and drowning his sorrow on Oreos and Milk.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There were pictures of Dirk after the Mavs lost looking pretty hammered at some club holding a bottle of tequila. I'm guessing plenty of NBA players blow of steam similarly when their season is over.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Then to top it all off, that ass had the nerve to lay his hands on my cousin from behind and start rubbing her shoulders.. I mean, who does this guy think he is doing something like that?

Somebody should tell Amare that Mark Grace's slumpbusters were needed when the season was still going on.

And who cares what he did after they were eliminated? What's he supposed to do? Wear a black ribbon for a week? Look solemn and tearful for a period of time deemed acceptable?

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, at least he wasn't partying at a club in Miami.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If you're single, win/lose/or draw - do what you do. I couldn't care less if he drank until he passed out in a pool of vomit. As others have stated, we each deal differently with life's challenges (of course, you know what they call someone who drinks after every good and every bad thing in life? an alcoholic).

Personally, I think anyone with kids shouldn't be partying it up at a nightclub - but that is just me. Doesn't Amare have kids? Is he married? If you're a Daddy, get home and see your wife and kids... we don't need more "Tigers" on the prowl.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What's the old joke? No one knew he was drunk until one day he showed up sober?

Maybe his highest priority should be becoming a complete basketball player.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What's the old joke? No one knew he was drunk until one day he showed up sober?

Maybe his highest priority should be becoming a complete basketball player.

He is. According to him he is the sole reason they went to the WCF.

:stick: <--- This stick figure is more active than Amare on defense and rebounding.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is. According to him he is the sole reason they went to the WCF.

I very seldom read player comments, especially comments from someone like Amare. By that, I mean someone who clearly never learned something as basic as humility or grace under fire. That said, is this just rhetoric on your part or did Amare actually claim to be "the sole reason they went to the WCF"? I know he frequently forgets how to pronounce the word "we" but even still this seems more hyperbole than fact.

Steve

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I very seldom read player comments, especially comments from someone like Amare. By that, I mean someone who clearly never learned something as basic as humility or grace under fire. That said, is this just rhetoric on your part or did Amare actually claim to be "the sole reason they went to the WCF"? I know he frequently forgets how to pronounce the word "we" but even still this seems more hyperbole than fact.

Steve

After Game 2 against LA (quoted in Bob Baum's write-up):

“I understand. That’s fine, that’s fine,” Stoudemire said. “Last year, this same team with Shaq, we didn’t make the playoffs. You get rid of Shaq and add me and we’re in the Western Conference finals. That alone should tell you what I bring to the team.”

I think that was the quote jagu was talking about....

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Game 2 against LA (quoted in Bob Baum's write-up):

“I understand. That’s fine, that’s fine,” Stoudemire said. “Last year, this same team with Shaq, we didn’t make the playoffs. You get rid of Shaq and add me and we’re in the Western Conference finals. That alone should tell you what I bring to the team.”

I think that was the quote jagu was talking about....

Yeah, I think you're right. I don't take this quite the way others probably did but it was typically self-serving of the guy. He does deserve a lot of the credit for our WCF run but it would be nice if he learned to share credit as easily as he sidesteps blame and responsibility.

I tend to make excuses for Amare though when he makes these kind of comments because, let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to find a successful person with an equally complete absence of role models in his life.

Steve