Official Suns Vs Spurs Thread.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Playoffs Baby

We're back, and with our youth...here to stay!!!

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
all I can say is....

Wheeeee!! :D

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
THIS IS TOO GOOD!!!

Houston... CYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yao Ming ROY.... CYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Suns are in the playoffs!!!

And Amare "SHOULD/BETTER" be ROY.

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
YES YES YES YES YES... Wow, what an amazing stretch this last two weeks have been. Talk about peaking at just the right time, and against some good teams. YES. Suns are back in the playoffs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billythekid
THIS IS TOO GOOD!!!

Houston... CYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yao Ming ROY.... CYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Suns are in the playoffs!!!

And Amare "SHOULD/BETTER" be ROY.

Not to forget...
Steve Francis .... CYAAAAAAA!!! Now who is the selfish loser who can't get into the playoffs?

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
God Dammit I hate Frank Johnson!

You know, I have had my conservations with Frank Johnson's abilities as a coach, but if you're going to fault the guy for our losses, you gotta give him credit for what this team has done as this season winds down. A few weeks ago, we were talking about making the playoffs, which didn't look likely, just if we could lose less than Houston, and now I think the arguement can be made that we are the best team in this league. Sure, Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion are performing at extremely high levels, proving to me (Shawn especially) that they really can be team leaders. Amare, JJ, Penny have been huge, and Voskhul and Bo have provided us with some invaluable energy. But there's only 1 guy, or staff, that can put all this together, and that's the head coach. Considering the age and inexperience of this team as a whole, you definately need to give Frank Johnson some credit. To be truthful, we only see his substitution patterns, and what he's done with this team behind the scenes really seem to be be showing through at this point in the season.

BTW, did you guys see Stephon Marbury crying at midcourt? I'm not much of a dramatist, but I felt something rising in my guy when I saw that. I'm really starting to love that guy. We've heard him talk about how much winning matters to him, and we've seen him do everything he can to do that, but just to see the emotion out there in front of a sell-out crowd and television audience REALLY SHOWS where this guy's heart is. And mine is right there with him.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great win! Great season! :D Keep it up suns:thumbup: Big win against our probable 1st round opponent. lets finish of portland and seattle just for $hits and giggles:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the reason I will never - NEVER question the Colangelos and thank God they run TWO teams in the Valley! They WILL bring another championship home to our state within the next four years and this time it's gonna be bedlam when it happens, cause it's gonna be OUR SUNS! As much as I went ape sh*t over the D-backs (I actually went to all 4 home games of the series - and I live in LA!) - it's gonna be so much sweeter when this team finally brings that Banner back to AWA - F*CK JASON KIDD! F*CK THE MEDIA! F*CK ALL THE NAYSERS - AND MOST OF ALL FU*K THE LAKERS - THE FUTURE FOR THIS TEAM IS BRIGHTER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN! I FORSEE THIS TEAM (NEXT YEAR) ENDING THE LAKES JUST LIKE KJ AND THE BOYS DID BACK IN '89! BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS! BRING ON THE SPURTS! BRING ON THE FAKES! BRING ON THE QUEENS! BRING IT ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
That is the reason I will never - NEVER question the Colangelos and thank God they run TWO teams in the Valley! They WILL bring another championship home to our state within the next four years and this time it's gonna be bedlam when it happens, cause it's gonna be OUR SUNS! As much as I went ape sh*t over the D-backs (I actually went to all 4 home games of the series - and I live in LA!) - it's gonna be so much sweeter when this team finally brings that Banner back to AWA - **** JASON KIDD! F*CK THE MEDIA! F*CK ALL THE NAYSERS - AND MOST OF ALL **** THE LAKERS - THE FUTURE FOR THIS TEAM IS BRIGHTER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN! I FORSEE THIS TEAM (NEXT YEAR) ENDING THE LAKES JUST LIKE KJ AND THE BOYS DID BACK IN '89! BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS! BRING ON THE SPURTS! BRING ON THE FAKES! BRING ON THE QUEENS! BRING IT ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man - if this ain't one night to allow us to drop F bombs - what is?

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
I hope we don't relax too much in these last two games and lose this momentum. This run right now is the best we've played for years. We need to maintain the intensity and drive but also give the guys a lil breather. It's going to be tough. If only this was the FINAL game of the season I wouldn't be as nervous.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good time

To rest our guys who have those undocumented aches and pains. Don't be suprised to see Marbury and Marion cut back on the minutes a little bit.

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
the spurs announcers said that the suns are the only western conference team to win the season series with the spurs. sean elliott was already talking about how the spurs will be breaking down film to see what the suns have done that no other west team could do. even the announcers are nervous. this game was definitely a statement game.

i liked seeing the emotion in stephon. what a stud. was he ever in the playoffs with nj (doubt it) or minnesota (obviously 1 and done if any)?

i am also one who think frank has done a good job. he's obviously done some things screwy at times, but he seems to have things in line now. either because of him or in spite of him the suns look good right now. let's hope they can get some rest the last couple of games and come out strong in round one.

suns rock!

brad

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how bright the future of this team is? I mean 5 players on our team can drop 20 on an opponent any night(JJ just made me a believer), we have 2 players who should be all defensive team (JJ should be there soon, notice how he guards players when Marion cant). We have the soon to be best PF in the league, and we have a big body to throw out in the lane. The team is so complete right now. There are minimal holes, if any. BC HAS to be in the running for exec of the year this year or next.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Wow even elindholm is doing some trash talking on the ESPN Nets board! :)

''Well, guess what? Marbury just led his team to the playoffs. In the real conference. And on a team where he is clearly the best player, clearly the leader, clearly the guy who makes the difference between winning and losing.

It's all downhill for the Nets after last year's run. Kidd generally wears out his welcome in two or three years, no matter where he is. I hope you enjoyed the ride. ''

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
bah slin! you and elindholm are dirty now! ;)

i STILL havent brought myself to registering. :p

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow even elindholm is doing some trash talking on the ESPN Nets board!

Oh, come on slinslin, give me some credit. I specifically addressed the post, "to the Marbury haters." It wasn't for everyone.

For that matter, why were you reading it? :p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
AND MOST OF ALL FU*K THE LAKERS - THE FUTURE FOR THIS TEAM IS BRIGHTER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN! I FORSEE THIS TEAM (NEXT YEAR) ENDING THE LAKES JUST LIKE KJ AND THE BOYS DID BACK IN '89!

In '89 the Lakers swept the Suns in the Conference Finals.

I was there with my Lakers' towel and a broom. Got autographs from Orlando Woolridge, Pat Riley, Mychal Thompson and a couple of others. The series you were obviously referring to was in '90.

In '89 we failed to Threepeat after losing Byron and Magic versus the Bad Boys of Detroit. The Lakers had swept their way to the Finals, only to lose 2 clutch players.

Quatrow :thumbup:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
ESPN Boards are all about trash talking basically

Boston Celtics - Talking about JJ
Houston Rockets - Talking about Marbury>Francis, Amare>Yao and playoffs
New Jersey Nets - Talking about Kidd's shooting and Marbs phenomenal year
San Antonio - Making them nervous about the playoff series

Good thing we seem to have bragging rights on all of these boards right now.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
lol slin. ive been reading your posts there for awhile now. I love the rocket fans and their ignorance though. :)

Enjoy Tony Delk, hahahahhahahaha

:D

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
all i know if that this team could make some serious noise. we have proven we can beat SA any time. If we win against them we will face most likely portland or Minny (lakers lost tonight falling back to 6). I think portland will win, especially if they have home court. I think Minny is like 6-8 games under 500 in the road. We can beat portland in a 7 game series. Wouldnt it be great to watch an LAL vs PHX conference finals ??? :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
In '89 the Lakers swept the Suns in the Conference Finals.

I was there with my Lakers' towel and a broom. Got autographs from Orlando Woolridge, Pat Riley, Mychal Thompson and a couple of others. The series you were obviously referring to was in '90.

In '89 we failed to Threepeat after losing Byron and Magic versus the Bad Boys of Detroit. The Lakers had swept their way to the Finals, only to lose 2 clutch players.

Quatrow :thumbup:

My bad - I was thinking the 89-90 squad but said '89 - no worries - it was the 90 team that sent Riles packing after that squad won, what 64 games that year? By the way, if that 89 team had stayed healthy, they would have kicked the snot of the Pistons - I clearly remember their sweep through the Western Conference - The Worthy Sports Illustrated with the word SWEEP will forever be in my brain after we hung close every game against the Lakes, only to have Magic and Worthy always pull some sh*t out of their butts to beat our inexperienced lads. And I'll beat you to the punch in that tyhe greatest thing the Suns have done so far has been to end that Lakers dynasty - but when we end the next one - WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS! Jeez - I sound like the optimist retards on the Cards board now . . . BUT I LOVE IT!