November Games with Gold

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://majornelson.com/2016/10/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-november-2016/?linkId=30276273

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Super Dungeon Bros ($19.99 ERP) for free during the month of November. Murdered: Soul Suspect ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from November 16th to December 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Tuesday, November 1st, Monkey Island: SE($9.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through November 15th. Then on November 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon ($14.99 ERP) for free through November 30th.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Super Dungeon Bros looks a little like Castle Crashers... 4 player multiplayer & cross PC/Console play. It's a brand new xbox release, but originally came out in 2014. Probably the best game of the bunch.

Murdered Soul Suspect didn't get good reviews (6/10 Gamespot, 5.5/10 on IGN).

Monkey Island is a re-port of an old PC game (from the 80s? 90s?). It was ok... kind of like the old King's Quest games.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was an Xbox 360 Arcade title that actually got pretty good reviews (8.5 on Gamespot, 8.0 IGN). It's a 1st person shooter that probably doesn't have many people playing it anymore.

Overall, a pretty poor lineup of games, but that's not surprising with the holidays coming up.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super Dungeon Bros looks a little like Castle Crashers... 4 player multiplayer & cross PC/Console play.

Murdered Soul Suspect didn't get good reviews (6/10 Gamespot, 5.5/10 on IGN).

Monkey Island is a re-port of an old PC game (from the 80s? 90s?). It was ok... kind of like the old King's Quest games.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was an Xbox 360 Arcade title that actually got pretty good reviews (8.5 on Gamespot, 8.0 IGN). It's a 1st person shooter that probably doesn't have many people playing it anymore.

Overall, a pretty poor lineup of games, but that's not surprising with the holidays coming up.
I am a huge castle crashers fan, this looks more like a kids version of diablo to me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I cant figure out how to get to the gold part on my 360... Someone just told me about gold games and how I'm missing out... I'm like dang, BRR has been creating these threads for years and I still didn't get them! lol

So thanks BRR for keeping us up to date, I'll try to remember to get my free games in the future!

But anyways, from the 360 dashboard, how do I find the gold games?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have to be a Xbox Live Gold member to get them (yearly subscription fee... $40 or less on sale)

There is an icon towards the bottom of your main screen on the 360 that takes you to them. You can also log into the xbox.com website with your Xbox live gamertag/email address & then go to the Games with Gold section. You should also be grabbing the free Xbox One games just in case you ever get that system. They'll be avaliable to download on the Xbox One once you log in with your gamertag... along with all the reef 360 games since they're backwards compatible.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Word is that Super Dungeon Bros is awful and a horrible addition to the Games With Gold lineup.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is that Super Dungeon Bros is awful and a horrible addition to the Games With Gold lineup.

I played it last night with my son and found it more entertaining than I expected it to be however I dont know how much we will actually play it, gotta try another time or two. It is rather difficult as you get swarmed with hundreds of enemies at once even on the first level.

Edit: If I did not have an 8 year old son to play it with, I would have deleted it already.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just a reminder, Murdered: Soul Suspect & Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon are now available.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just downloaded both this morning, will probably try out farcry next time I am alone at home and bored. Dont really plan on trying murdered but who knows. Maybe some day my kids move out, my wife leaves me and I have nothing to do and play games I got for free 20 years ago :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn