Not falling for it Keim..

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim is good at trades but bad at free agency and drafting. :( We could really use someone a lot better than him at gm. :(
This is a fact..the actors who defend Keim don't want to acknowledge anything else other than his transactional wins.

98.7 and Gambo are amazing at their north korean style propoganda in ensuring this.

Keim had a great start to his tenure. The shine is off. Time to move on.

Facts are no winning season in last 5 seasons. Poor drafting and little to no depth outside of top 5 or 6 players. One playoff win in 8 years, extreme DUI, driving away a top 5 coach in the league to retirement, poor player relationships etc. There is no way a GM like Keim would have survived in 31 other teams. Yet here we are...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can u explain your point about u see something left on aj green?
He’s just a better receiver. He had dreck at QB two years ago(reason why he didn’t play) and they were going young and re-building this past year and he was phased out. That’s surprising since Cincy tagged him last year.
i
I could easily be wrong but i think he has a decent year in him and he’ll be playing for a new contract.
Jones has pretty much always been a complimentary WR and second fiddle that puts up decent numbers.
Jones reminds me of a leading scorer on a bad NBA team. Someone has to score. Green has been the guy and produced.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim is good at trades but bad at free agency and drafting. :( We could really use someone a lot better than him at gm. :(
Spot on brother.
Daniel Jeremiah all day long & twice on Sunday for GM of our birds. I think he would kill it here.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the unmentioned failure of Keim. Look at the Patriots. They lost there qb and entered a rebuild. They stayed somewhat competitive( they beat us!).
This year they had a gazillion dollars in cap space and undoubtedly had the best off season in the free agency period.
Now look at us. Palmer retired. We spend 40m on Bradford and Glennon. We come off a 3-13 season in cap hell. We draft a qb for a second year, a new coach for a second year and supply the new coach with a depleted roster.
We entered this year 20m under the cap but only 30 guys on the roster.

We draft not 1, not 2 but 3 wr’s and what are we forced to do this year? Sign a 33 year old Wr coming off his two worse years of his career. The radio puppets try to convince us what a shrewd move and great addition to the roster.

We draft 2 centers and guess what? We have to inherit a 9 m salary and give up a 3 rd round pick to get him. Very good player? Yes, but necessary because of poor drafting.

Now we watch PP21 walk away for nothing. Doesn’t make me sad but We you could have dumped him a year ago for a draft pick but yare delusional thinking his team is on the cusp of being a playoff team. Add that to the fact that PP21 was suspended along with asking to be traded and Keim did NOTHING to prepare for this day.

So Mr. Keim go ahead a sign the over the hill gang. Get on the radio and tell us how you got all the guys you targeted not to mention how Laughable it is that Green was your number one target. Keep on with you “ catch lightning in a bottle” business plan.

I repeat, I’m not falling for it. I feel bad for Kyler and Kliff. Your incompetence have strapped them and this team. My guess is by next year we will be listening to a new GM ( probably Wilson) and we’ll watch as the cycle starts all over.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think JJ, Golden, and Hudson are all good moves. Don't you?

I’m on the fence breaking the bank on an aging, constantly breaking down guy who’s nowhere near what he was in prime with JJ. It’s total boom or bust.

with Golden you get what you pay for. He’s a motor guy and nothing special. I wanted Reddick back, especially after seeing his price point. And they easily could have brought him back with Golden instead of tendering Gardeck coming off an ACL and cutting Kennard’s completely busted ass.

this front four is now slow as sin.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hudson is a good move.

golden is a step back in the entirety of the OLB situation. First, he was already in the fold. So he’s not adding to the team. Second bringing him back can be seen as being in lieu of bringing Reddick back - imo that’s a net loss (based solely on most recent returns - 2020 - that’s difficult to argue against). The $$$ seems to be value, but that’s it.

JJ is high risk/high reward due to injury concerns coupled with age. If it were just one or the other I’d be more comfortable, but the combination doesn’t create confidence for me. Coupled with other older/injury signings I think there’s too much risk in the aggregate to call this “good” looking forward. We will obviously have to see how this plays out. I hope for the best. And see the obvious upside, but color me pessimistic.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on the fence breaking the bank on an aging, constantly breaking down guy who’s nowhere near what he was in prime with JJ. It’s total boom or bust.

with Golden you get what you pay for. He’s a motor guy and nothing special. I wanted Reddick back, especially after seeing his price point. And they easily could have brought him back with Golden instead of tendering Gardeck coming off an ACL and cutting Kennard’s completely busted ass.

this front four is now slow as sin.

There is definitely a middle ground for JJ if he gets 8 or so sacks let's say.

I wanted Reddick back too, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the moves haven't been good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hudson is a good move.

golden is a step back in the entirety of the OLB situation. First, he was already in the fold. So he’s not adding to the team. Second bringing him back can be seen as being in lieu of bringing Reddick back - imo that’s a net loss (based solely on most recent returns - 2020 - that’s difficult to argue against). The $$$ seems to be value, but that’s it.

JJ is high risk/high reward due to injury concerns coupled with age. If it were just one or the other I’d be more comfortable, but the combination doesn’t create confidence for me. Coupled with other older/injury signings I think there’s too much risk in the aggregate to call this “good” looking forward. We will obviously have to see how this plays out. I hope for the best. And see the obvious upside, but color me pessimistic.

It is hard to call a Reddick for JJ swap a net loss right now. Not sure how you can do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard to call a Reddick for JJ swap a net loss right now. Not sure how you can do it.

maybe that’s because he didn’t say that. He said Reddick for Golden swap is a net loss. I mean he says CLEAR AS DAY “bringing Golden back can be seen as being in lieu of bringing Reddick back - that’s a net loss.”

nothing to do with Reddick for JJ. Come on man.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man this board will go ballistic if we spend another 1st or 2nd round pick on an ILB.

Minter
Buc
Reddick
Simmons

that’s a lot of draft capitol plus FA dollars on Campbell and hicks
lol man.

I would draft CBs in both the 1st & 2nd round before drafting a ILB in either one

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe that’s because he didn’t say that. He said Reddick for Golden swap is a net loss. I mean he says CLEAR AS DAY “bringing Golden back can be seen as being in lieu of bringing Reddick back - that’s a net loss.”

nothing to do with Reddick for JJ. Come on man.

The discussion was supposed to be about JJ too unless you forgot what you quoted of mine.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The discussion was supposed to be about JJ too unless you forgot what you quoted of mine.

do me a favor and show me where Ouchie said JJ over Reddick was a net loss. Show me where that’s even implied. He clearly said Golden over Reddick was a net loss... USING THE LITERAL words NET LOSS. JJ is a separate part of the puzzle, which Ouchie commented on as well, as did I in regards to BOTH subjects. That’s what I was defending when you projected that stupid argument on to what he said.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t consider it a Reddick for jJ swap. If that’s the way you look at it I suppose you could call it a wash. I view it as a golden/kennard for Reddick swap. That way jJ is an addition.