Niners Vs. Arizona by position

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I respect your opinion inside the context you used it. Intrinsically it seems Im playing the "woe is me" card. But Im not.

The context that Im using it is only in comparing the quality of coaches/team. I wasnt making the case where a better team. It was more I feel where not as bad as our record dictates. Additionaly I noticed how many ARZ fans play a very safe card. -Win is a Win

Completly agree, but i feel like some are going to it as a safety net.

The reality is you won, we lost. Im not trying to make excuses Im just trying to shed some light on the fact the some very good teams BARELY beat us. Which would indicate that were not "pretenders" but decent.

No more...No less .....decent

Almost as bad as playing the "woe is me" card, is playing the "we barely lost" card... Losers always make attempts at rationlizing their losses. You're pretty good at it actually, which might suggest that you've had a good deal of practice??

;)

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Almost as bad as playing the "woe is me" card, is playing the "we barely lost" card... Losers always make attempts at rationlizing their losses. You're pretty good at it actually, which might suggest that you've had a good deal of practice??

;)

HAHAHA ...yeah Ive had 8 years to hone my skills.:Dold

See the key word you use is "almost"....which means that on the ladder of excuses it lands somewhere between " I thought YOU! where watching the kids" and "well theres always next year" :lol:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey troll, check this out.

sigpic188_21.gif

dont worry, i didnt waste my time reading it and wont be back, just dropping in to remind you that you suck

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
If we are playing in 'what if's" then you are failing to remember a couple fo things:

1. Hill drives 80 yards on the last drive to beat us in the first game last year. He doesnt do that 80% of the time

2. We had 12 penalties in that game

3. We had 3 turnovers in that game

4. Steave Breaston didnt play.

So beating us twice as you keep saying, while true, isnt very scarey to me. Play week 1 game in week 6-8 we win hands down IMO.

Also, you keep mentioning two games that you win then you win the division. Well, then you might also want to look other reasons you didnt win the divison

1. ass thumping by Atlanta at home
2. A loss to seattle in week 13 during crunch time ugh
3. A loss to Houston.

You seemed to forget to mention in the first whiner game when we had injuries to 2 wide recievers and a healthy lb squad we held Gore to only 30 yards rushing.
It just proved it can be done.He was totally shut down.Go back and check the stats of that game.Gore can be stopped by the CARDINALS.

Without his 2 long runs in the second game he was held under 2.5 yards a carry also.

The Cardinals also lost a last play of the game on a hail mary type throw in Tennessee as the whiner did in Minny.

The Cardinals did'nt even try to play the last game with the Packers as the division was sewn up and it paid off playing vanilla as we brought our A game on offense the next week and beat the packers who all of NFL Network now predict wins the NFC North.

So that is another game the Cardinals could have won if they did'nt bring a total vanilla package and sit Warner early too.So get over the we just missed winning the division by two plays JIVE.:D

You're a nice fella 9er-troll.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The 9ers OC in Ray just does'nt see the game and is'nt gonna call a SB winning offense.Whiz has proven he can call the plays and get there with two different teams and WIN TOO!

Ray is a friend of Singletary's and it just does'nt work playing the friend card but going with the creative CARD!:D

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
You seemed to forget to mention in the first whiner game when we had injuries to 2 wide recievers and a healthy lb squad we held Gore to only 30 yards rushing.
It just proved it can be done.He was totally shut down.Go back and check the stats of that game.Gore can be stopped by the CARDINALS.

Without his 2 long runs in the second game he was held under 2.5 yards a carry also.

The Cardinals also lost a last play of the game on a hail mary type throw in Tennessee( I remember that now) as the whiner did in Minny.

The Cardinals did'nt even try to play the last game with the Packers as the division was sewn up and it paid off playing vanilla as we brought our A game on offense the next week and beat the packers who all of NFL Network now predict wins the NFC North.

So that is another game the Cardinals could have won if they did'nt bring a total vanilla package and sit Warner early too.So get over the we just missed winning the division by two plays JIVE.:D

You're a nice fella 9er-troll.

:lies:LALALALA I cant heaaaaarrrr you. NOooo I refuse to accept we suck. Weee shoulda won wwee (sniffle) shoulda won dammit.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
The 9ers OC in Ray just does'nt see the game and is'nt gonna call a SB winning offense.Whiz has proven he can call the plays and get there with two different teams and WIN TOO!

Ray is a friend of Singletary's and it just does'nt work playing the friend card but going with the creative CARD!:D

OK I think I need to make it clear Wiz is the man. If ya'll woulda won the S.B. he probably would have been coach of the year.

That being said....It sounds like your reaching when you try to dissect our woes by claiming that Singletary chose a friend( AKA someone hes familiar with and see's eye to eye) instead of the best OC available.

WEVE HAD LIKE 8 DIFFERENT O.C. IN A ROW and the problem with this one is???? hes a friend of singletary?:D

The second flaw in your logic is that you make Wiz out like hes calling the plays. I thought grimm was calling the plays?

maybe Im wrong.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
OK I think I need to make it clear Wiz is the man. If ya'll woulda won the S.B. he probably would have been coach of the year.

That being said....It sounds like your reaching when you try to dissect our woes by claiming that Singletary chose a friend( AKA someone hes familiar with and see's eye to eye) instead of the best OC available.

WEVE HAD LIKE 8 DIFFERENT O.C. IN A ROW and the problem with this one is???? hes a friend of singletary?:D

The second flaw in your logic is that you make Wiz out like hes calling the plays. I thought grimm was calling the plays?

maybe Im wrong.

You are Troll,-----The OC we had during our SB run got hired to be the Chief's HC, so Whizenhunt went back to calling his own plays again last year. He will more that likely continue to keep that up, as he is pretty suuperstitious, and doesn't like to change things that are working.

Like Doug said, you are a nice fella. An awful lot of us here on this board have gone through what you are going through. None of us wish you bad. We want you to know that we look forward to beating your butts when we play each other this year though.

Like I said last night, the road to the NFC West comes through Glendale, and its here in the desert.

Last edited:

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

maybe Im wrong.

Not maybe but am.Watch any Cardinals game from last season and see who has his lamenated sheet in front of his face as he calls every play of the game.The fans gripe weekly on Whiz' play calling.Its just too funny.

Jimmy Raye was successfull the last time where? Whiz called the plays for the steelers in their last SB win before coming to Arizona..He let the Chiefs Head Coach call plays with suggestions during the game during the SB run.Once he left Whiz took back the personal play calling himself once more.He really enjoys it.

It took a while before he felt Coach Haley was trusted enough and after a SB run people end up stealing your coach's.I'm surprised Grimm is still with us and after this year he'll probably be plucked away.He did'nt want the buffalo job when they called last year.

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey 49er Troll-----you've located a site here, where real football fans discuss real football. It is not like the forum on the official site where every crackpot on the face of the planet is complaining because we passed over the 2nd string center on his Community College team during the draft. In fact, I don't believe that you will find another board like this one anywhere------

Most of us welcome you here----provided you come with sincere discussion and with the intent to provide input to the discussion, not compete with it. ALL OF US have been through what your Niner fans are suffering through right now.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Not maybe but am.Watch any Cardinals game from last season and see who has his lamenated sheet in front of his face as he calls every play of the game.The fans gripe weekly on Whiz' play calling.Its just too funny.

Jimmy Raye was successfull the last time where? Whiz called the plays for the steelers in their last SB win before coming to Arizona..He let the Chiefs Head Coach call plays with suggestions during the game during the SB run.Once he left Whiz took back the personal play calling himself once more.He really enjoys it.

It took a while before he felt Coach Haley was trusted enough and after a SB run people end up stealing your coach's.I'm surprised Grimm is still with us and after this year he'll probably be plucked away.He did'nt want the buffalo job when they called last year.

Thats interesting, so would you say that Wiz is doing a good job calling the plays? Or would you like to see an O.C. hired?

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats interesting, so would you say that Wiz is doing a good job calling the plays? Or would you like to see an O.C. hired?

If you think I would touch the hottest topic of this board from last season you're crazy.I'm not touching THAT question.Thats about a 50 page thread in itself.I want no part of it.:D I still want to be able to post here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"If that's not good enough for you than you can calmly have a coke and smile and ****."

Im gonna copyright this and put it on a T-Shirt.

I'd be careful with that one unless you want a lawsuit from Eddie Murphy on your hands.

And of course beneath it will be a picture of John Mcain HAHAHA Im just kidding. I know how you arizonans love this guy.

not all of us... trust me. not all of us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant defend singletary the way ya' ll can can with Wiz, so Im kind of at a loss.

But I can speak from a personal standpoint...Niner fans are like me in the fact that we are skeptical and have high expectations. We have not had a good head coach since Walsh(please dont say mooch!) We have had horrible luck with O.C. s and admittedly we are probably willing to take anything decent at this point.

But thats not the case here. I understand yall won the division but the fact remains we went 6-2 in our division and we lost two close games against the colts and the vikings. I know you guys probably had a game or two that could have went differently but we where literally, no bull just two plays away from winning the division.

Favre-40 yrd t.d. with no time on the clock(BASTARD)

Colts-trick play near the end in which they had to result in there r.b. throwing a t.d. to win.

Those two plays dont happen and we are champs not you.

dude, come on now. You keep bringing up the Colts game, which you lost 18-14 and say that one trick play is why you lost... it happened with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! And they were at the 22 yard line, which is well within FG range to have tied it up anyway... with 14 minutes and 53 seconds left in the game! Oh, and the Niners were only down 4 points... with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! You noticing a trend here? Saying you should have won a game because of a play that happened with a full quarter of football left from which you had a full quarter of football to recover from just hold no weight whatsoever. I'll give you the Favre pass... but we got our own 4th down prayer from Vince Young.

bottom line, in the NFL, you are what you're record says you are. You matched up well with us, but we matched-up better with the rest of the league and that's the point of the game.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
dude, come on now. You keep bringing up the Colts game, which you lost 18-14 and say that one trick play is why you lost... it happened with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! And they were at the 22 yard line, which is well within FG range to have tied it up anyway... with 14 minutes and 53 seconds left in the game! Oh, and the Niners were only down 4 points... with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! You noticing a trend here? Saying you should have won a game because of a play that happened with a full quarter of football left from which you had a full quarter of football to recover from just hold no weight whatsoever. I'll give you the Favre pass... but we got our own 4th down prayer from Vince Young.

bottom line, in the NFL, you are what you're record says you are. You matched up well with us, but we matched-up better with the rest of the league and that's the point of the game.

Yeah I guess your right about the time...it seems like it was closer in memory.

I dont know why I even went down this road because theres nothing I can say that beats the old "a win is win" argument. I guess all I was really trying to say that we werent as bad as 8-8.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
If you think I would touch the hottest topic of this board from last season you're crazy.I'm not touching THAT question.Thats about a 50 page thread in itself.I want no part of it.:D I still want to be able to post here.

Good to know good to know, next time I start getting my butt handed to me I ll just say "sooo uh do you think that you guys should hire an O.C.?"

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I guess your right about the time...it seems like it was closer in memory.

I dont know why I even went down this road because theres nothing I can say that beats the old "a win is win" argument. I guess all I was really trying to say that we werent as bad as 8-8.

What was your record? 8-8? Yea, you were that bad.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
What was your record? 8-8? Yea, you were that bad.

If you say stupid things how do I respond intelligently? You leave me with no choice but to say that a "bad 8-8" team sweeped you!

You made me go there I didnt want to:D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If you say stupid things how do I respond intelligently? You leave me with no choice but to say that a "bad 8-8" team sweeped you!

You made me go there I didnt want to:D

You're one funny Troll... Hang with us dude. It'll make for a fun season as I really do believe we'll be battling you guys for the West title the entire year!

:thumbup:

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
You're one funny Troll... Hang with us dude. It'll make for a fun season as I really do believe we'll be battling you guys for the West title the entire year!

:thumbup:

Oh dude I'll definitelly stick around and as far battling it out for the title I couldnt agree more. If you go right now and look at our schedules(easy) youll see that each team will at least go 8-8 and the tie breaker will more than likely come down to WEEK 17 ...I am soooo excited!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh dude I'll definitelly stick around and as far battling it out for the title I couldnt agree more. If you go right now and look at our schedules(easy) youll see that each team will at least go 8-8 and the tie breaker will more than likely come down to WEEK 17 ...I am soooo excited!!!

As it should be!! How critical will be the play of Smith and Leinart? HUGE!!!!!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Come on guys quit feeding this idiot!!! :mulli:

The guy is on a Cards board chatting with us because his parents left him on someones doorstep, rang the doorbell & ran away. The Niners are guaranteed West chumpions this season in his mind & nothing in his peanut shaped brain is changing his wishes. Between him & blowhard they are just jeoulous what that can't have & will run away once again after the season...just like last year & the year before. Later moron!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Youve been pretty busy polishing a turd on this board the last couple of days. Give it a rest

Attachments

• 49ertroll.JPG
    49ertroll.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 45

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the common trend we see from you guys (9ers fans) is that you expect us to just bow down and accept that you guys are the kings of the division when you haven't won anything yet.

You guys expect us to eat up the "Davis and Iupati are awesomeness and are going to be Pro Bowlers right away" schtick. Well reality is most rookie olinemen suck; whether they're drafted in the first round or undrafted free agents. They have to be developed.

Fact of the matter is:

You guys totally sucked when it counted last year. Those are the times that good teams step up and good coaches excel. The Niners did neither.

Yes we have turnover on our team, but there are replacements. Williams and Washington should provide enough in the middle to offset the loss of Dansby.

Rhodes is a much better coverage safety than Rolle, and probably the best free safety in the NFL West right now. Boldin is going to be replaced by a proven player in Steve Breaston and we also have Early Doucet who has flashed big time potential in big time games (something no Niner has done LOL).

We lost Berry and Okeafor, but DUDE they both were TERRIBLE. Porter is a HUGE upgrade IMO. Berry may have had 6 sacks, but only 10 total tackles...he offered NOTHING against the run and Okeafor and Berry were TERRIBLE in the playoffs.

We also improved offensive line depth. Rex Hadnot is currently better than any guard in the NFC West according to
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_...e=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1
I'm kinda meh on Alan Faneca, but he adds leadership and depth to the line and that can't be a bad thing.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Come on guys quit feeding this idiot!!! :mulli:

The guy is on a Cards board chatting with us because his parents left him on someones doorstep, rang the doorbell & ran away. The Niners are guaranteed West chumpions this season in his mind & nothing in his peanut shaped brain is changing his wishes. Between him & blowhard they are just jeoulous what that can't have & will run away once again after the season...just like last year & the year before. Later moron!!!

God, how insulting...

You make cardinal fans look bad.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard