49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
And meanwhile, the only ones that you have are:

1. DL
2. RB
3. TE
4. LB

Both teams have a good deal of talent, but also have pretty big hole, making them at this point, without Kurt Warner, pretty even.

We have a very good reciever in Crabtree he had great ouput for playing as a rookie in only 11 games and additionaly he had a higher YPC than Fitz.

Never would say he was better but you cant discount him. Hes good!

Besides that I just have to rely on our draft picks stepping in and producing asap.

IMO we have 3 holes that have yet to be addresed.

LOLB
RDE
#1 CB
Anything else we were lacking in was addresed in the draft.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ninertroll at least has the ability to comprehend unlike gohard83 who just babbles out crap and presents it as some sort of fact. Look your team and our team are close thats it and it comes down to who wins games, we have proven it with back to back division titles, your team has not even posted a winning season in years. Come back and see us when you have some success, that doesn't mean just beating the Cards occasionally!

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
6-2 in the division?

Interesting given that you only play 6 in total.

So, if you'd picked those two extra wins in your dream-like scenario, you'd have 10 wins and beat us on the tie breaker... But, seeing that we are dealing in dreams, we wouldn't have lost on the last play of the game against the Titans... and would have had 11 wins.

THUS: We win the division, again!

6-2 !! 6-2 did I say 6-2 ?? hahaha:mulli:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ninertroll at least has the ability to comprehend unlike gohard83 who just babbles out crap and presents it as some sort of fact. Look your team and our team are close thats it and it comes down to who wins games, we have proven it with back to back division titles, your team has not even posted a winning season in years. Come back and see us when you have some success, that doesn't mean just beating the Cards occasionally!

ya, I like NinerTroll. Gohard's just a Blohard.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
dude, I can rationalize all I want about the upgrades we've made to our team as well with trades, FA and the draft, but that's all they are until we see what's on the field. the above is speculation at best, all of which I could speculate the same things as about our talent.

try again... and seriously... if you believe Alex Smith is going to be a solid QB, more power to you. I like to live on a planet called Earth.

Then why don't you try to provide me with some of your insights instead of just spurring hatred towards my team? At least, I am able to sit here calmly and provided you with reasons on why my team has improved. You on the other end has contributed nothing to this thread.

18 TDs and 12 ints playing 11 games isn't solid to you? what has Matt Leinart done that makes you believe that he's a better QB than Smith? is it his 20 ints and 14 TDs over the course of 4 years?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like how they think all their draft picks are going to step in and start and be studs.....geesh talk about homerism at its best! Fact is we have proven we can win the division what have you done in recent years? And by the way our NT Dan Williams will be the BEST NT in the league this season as well as our ILB Washington will be a pro bowler as well and our D will be the best in the WORLD.... see how silly that crap sounds? Until you prove it on the field WE are the NFCW CHAMPS!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
QB - Alex Smith threw 18 TDs and 12 ints last year stepping in the middle of the year. We have good reasons to believe that he's a solid QB right now.

Oline- Pathetic last year no question about it. We addressed this in the draft with Davis and Iupati.

WR - Crabtree performed last year even without training camp, preseason, and missing the first 5-6 games. He' going to be a top 15 WR next year. Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn Jr., Kyle Williams (ASU rookie), Brandon Jones, and Jason Hill provide a solid young back up corps.

Secondary - Our DBs were solid last year despite the 21st passing d ranking. The reason why we ranked so low was because we didn't stop the passes to the TEs and RBs. We held most of the WRs in check. With Mays coming in and Clements coming back, we will be able to play with much more physicality. Goldson, Mays, and Clements are a force to be reckon with.

ST - Our return game was terrible last year. However, this year we drafted some good retun guys and also traded for Ginn. I believe that this problem is solved.

Leroy Vann (NCAA KR PR record holder for return TDs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NvCMMHXgg

Kyle Williams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzSB804F_Q

Ted Ginn Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpI1wElYoCs

GoHard----the difference in O-line is that our guys don't even get to smell the field until 3rd year. Grimm spends two years grooming them to step in and play, while your rooks from last year and this year will be carrying the load. They will have a tough time of it because of their inexperience. I hope your fans are knowlegable about this and don't diss them and throw them to the dogs just because they make rookie mistakes. Your expectations of them performing like vets is unreasonable.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
GoHard----the difference in O-line is that our guys don't even get to smell the field until 3rd year. Grimm spends two years grooming them to step in and play, while your rooks from last year and this year will be carrying the load. They will have a tough time of it because of their inexperience. I hope your fans are knowlegable about this and don't diss them and throw them to the dogs just because they make rookie mistakes. Your expectations of them performing like vets is unreasonable.

Joe Staley stepped in as a rookie and did fine. Also, I have many reasons to believe that Mike Solari will turn these guys into capable NFL players.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Then why don't you try to provide me with some of your insights instead of just spurring hatred towards my team? At least, I am able to sit here calmly and provided you with reasons on why my team has improved. You on the other end has contributed nothing to this thread.

18 TDs and 12 ints playing 11 games isn't solid to you? what has Matt Leinart done that makes you believe that he's a better QB than Smith? is it his 20 ints and 14 TDs over the course of 4 years?

Spurring? :confused:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Joe Staley stepped in as a rookie and did fine. Also, I have many reasons to believe that Mike Solari will turn these guys into capable NFL players.

Let's just say that as Cards fans, we truly HOPE that your rooks start against us!!!

;)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm lets see Alex Smith Career 69.2 qb rating with 43 games under his belt 37td's and 43 picks

Matt Leinart with a little over 16 or 17 games a 70.8 rating while playing in multiple offensive systems and not being the top pick and getting the opportunity to play so many games. Leinart will now get his shot and I would be willing to bet most would agree Leinart was a much better PRO prospect than Alex Smith.

You ride and pimp Alex Smith to the bank he has had his chance to show what he was capable of and it wasn;t much. Now Leinart will get his chance and will prove once again (just like in college) he is the better QB!

I can't believe you would be on here trying to pimp Alex Smith the dude has sucked almost his entire career and now all of a sudden you think he is going to become a different QB? Your defense won games for you most of the time it was rarely if ever Alex Smiths' performance.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
hmmm lets see Alex Smith Career 69.2 qb rating with 43 games under his belt 37td's and 43 picks

Matt Leinart with a little over 16 or 17 games a 70.8 rating while playing in multiple offensive systems and not being the top pick and getting the opportunity to play so many games. Leinart will now get his shot and I would be willing to bet most would agree Leinart was a much better PRO prospect than Alex Smith.

You ride and pimp Alex Smith to the bank he has had his chance to show what he was capable of and it wasn;t much. Now Leinart will get his chance and will prove once again (just like in college) he is the better QB!

I can't believe you would be on here trying to pimp Alex Smith the dude has sucked almost his entire career and now all of a sudden you think he is going to become a different QB? Your defense won games for you most of the time it was rarely if ever Alex Smiths' performance.

Alex Smith was thrown into the wolves in 2005. Our best wr at that time was BRANDON LLOYD AND JOHNNIE MORTON! Our starting RB was KEVAN BARLOW! We had KWAME HARRIS as the anchor to our Oline!

I mean, you can't be serious. Alex Smith also got injured TWICE and had 5 different OCs. This is the only year that he's been with the same OC so we have good reasons to believe in him. He's totally a different person now, more relaxed and confident. If you knew anything about the guy, you would be rooting for him, too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why don't you try to provide me with some of your insights instead of just spurring hatred towards my team?

huh? I said there's talent on both teams and holes on both teams and that we're pretty even. How in the world is that considered spurring "hatred" on your team? And I gave my insights earlier in the thread in response to Ninerstroll who actually seems to have a brain in his head as opposed to you.

At least, I am able to sit here calmly and provided you with reasons on why my team has improved. You on the other end has contributed nothing to this thread.

Dude, you posted a bunch of complete unsubstantiated speculation as your evidence as to why you'll be better. Talking hypotheticals just interest me. I listed what I thought were solid areas for both clubs and big question marks as well. If that's not good enough for you than you can calmly have a coke and smile and ****.

18 TDs and 12 ints playing 11 games isn't solid to you?

meh. it's average at best, mostly done against horrendous competition.

what has Matt Leinart done that makes you believe that he's a better QB than Smith?

nothing which is why I've said no such thing and said both teams have big question marks at QB.

Try to follow along, don't put words in my mouth and get over yourself Blohard. Ask yourself this... why are people here accepting of Ninertroll and not you?

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Alex Smith was thrown into the wolves in 2005. Our best wr at that time was BRANDON LLOYD AND JOHNNIE MORTON! Our starting RB was KEVAN BARLOW! We had KWAME HARRIS as the anchor to our Oline!

I mean, you can't be serious. Alex Smith also got injured TWICE and had 5 different OCs. This is the only year that he's been with the same OC so we have good reasons to believe in him. He's totally a different person now, more relaxed and confident. If you knew anything about the guy, you would be rooting for him, too.

From now on If any ARZ fans have any thoughts about Alex and his "Incredible suckiness" ill refer them to this post.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
I like how they think all their draft picks are going to step in and start and be studs.....geesh talk about homerism at its best! Fact is we have proven we can win the division what have you done in recent years? And by the way our NT Dan Williams will be the BEST NT in the league this season as well as our ILB Washington will be a pro bowler as well and our D will be the best in the WORLD.... see how silly that crap sounds? Until you prove it on the field WE are the NFCW CHAMPS!

I completley agree, I hope our guys produce and as long as we draft the correct position Im happy.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS A CRAPSHOOT!

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
"If that's not good enough for you than you can calmly have a coke and smile and ****."

Im gonna copyright this and put it on a T-Shirt.

And of course beneath it will be a picture of John Mcain HAHAHA Im just kidding. I know how you arizonans love this guy.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
QB - Alex Smith threw 18 TDs and 12 ints last year stepping in the middle of the year. We have good reasons to believe that he's a solid QB right now. You cant be serious right? This guy has teased you fans for years now. He will revert to his old ways as soon as a little pressure is applied. Please keep believeing in him. That only assures us of another divisional title.
Oline- Pathetic last year no question about it. We addressed this in the draft with Davis and Iupati. - Beyond bad and will continue to struggle. Olines arent built over night. Takes continuity and consistency

WR - Crabtree performed last year even without training camp, preseason, and missing the first 5-6 games. He' going to be a top 15 WR next year. Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn Jr., Kyle Williams (ASU rookie), Brandon Jones, and Jason Hill provide a solid young back up corps. - HAHAHAHA Ok, Crabtree might, I said might, live up to expectations at some point (if Smith isnt throwing to him) but you just didnt trot out Ted Ginn, josh morgan, and kyle williams right? Come on, you are really reaching here. What makes you so sure Ginn is going to be even a good WR in SF? He couldnt do it in Miami with a better QB (Pennington)
Secondary - Our DBs were solid last year despite the 21st passing d ranking. The reason why we ranked so low was because we didn't stop the passes to the TEs and RBs. We held most of the WRs in check. With Mays coming in and Clements coming back, we will be able to play with much more physicality. Goldson, Mays, and Clements are a force to be reckon with. First off, I dont buy all the man love with Mays. Hes a SS and a liability in coverage in the slot. So not stopping TE's and RB's will continue for you this year. Clements is OK, but didnt have a great year last year, well see. We are supposed to believe your secondary is great but we should ignore 3 pro bowlers in ours? :lmao:. I'd take DRC, Wilson (best safety in the league) and probowler Rhodes anyday and twice on Sundays
ST - Our return game was terrible last year. However, this year we drafted some good retun guys and also traded for Ginn. I believe that this problem is solved. Did I mention I am from Missouri? You gots to show me. These Niner fans who think somehow Ginn is their savior are funny. Lets see
Leroy Vann (NCAA KR PR record holder for return TDs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NvCMMHXgg

Kyle Williams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzSB804F_Q

Ted Ginn Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpI1wElYoCs

Bottom line is we are reigning NFC West champs and 1 year removed (and might i add 1 game) removed from NFC Champs. But I am happy that you are turning it around now. Between Singletary mooning the team and praying for miracles you will be better.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I cant defend singletary the way ya' ll can can with Wiz, so Im kind of at a loss.

But I can speak from a personal standpoint...Niner fans are like me in the fact that we are skeptical and have high expectations. We have not had a good head coach since Walsh(please dont say mooch!) We have had horrible luck with O.C. s and admittedly we are probably willing to take anything decent at this point.

But thats not the case here. I understand yall won the division but the fact remains we went 6-2 in our division and we lost two close games against the colts and the vikings. I know you guys probably had a game or two that could have went differently but we where literally, no bull just two plays away from winning the division.

Favre-40 yrd t.d. with no time on the clock(BASTARD)

Colts-trick play near the end in which they had to result in there r.b. throwing a t.d. to win.

Those two plays dont happen and we are champs not you.

If we are playing in 'what if's" then you are failing to remember a couple fo things:

1. Hill drives 80 yards on the last drive to beat us in the first game last year. He doesnt do that 80% of the time

2. We had 12 penalties in that game

3. We had 3 turnovers in that game

4. Steave Breaston didnt play.

So beating us twice as you keep saying, while true, isnt very scarey to me. Play week 1 game in week 6-8 we win hands down IMO.

Also, you keep mentioning two games that you win then you win the division. Well, then you might also want to look other reasons you didnt win the divison

1. ass thumping by Atlanta at home
2. A loss to seattle in week 13 during crunch time ugh
3. A loss to Houston.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Go look at his accomplishment as an Oline coach. He's top 5 in the league. Last year, what he did with Seattle's patched up and injured line was amazing.

Which accomplishment are you talking about now? Was it the 41 sacks Hasselback took last year or the 3.7 ypc by Julius Jones?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Im going to play a dangerous game right now....What if!

What IF? Favre doesnt throw that last second forty yard touchdown pass last year.

What IF? The colts dont pull off that trick play at the end to give them the lead because Peyton was sacked 3 times and had his worst game of the season and didnt throw one touchdown.

I understand that you have your what if? games as well but let it be known WE not you should have won the division!! You got lucky. Argue all you want but we where then the better team, as we are now. And you better start getting prepared for a season of tears and heartbreak because you haven't got a chance in hell of beating us.

After seeing this in many quotes I had to say something.

Are you really expecting CARDINALS fans to have sympathy for your supposed bad luck ?

We are the Cardinals. If there is a way to lose a game, for worse case scenarios to play out, and for the improbable to happen we have seen it.

How much sympathy has this franchise gotten for their plight ? ZERO.

So we are not ones to care about whether it is luck, skill, or hell freezing over. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. We are going to take the win and celebrate it no matter how tarnished the rest of the NFL world thinks it is.

And 10 years from now it will still say 2009 Cardinals NFC West Champs.

Plus if we want to play the "luck" game, and who was really the better team, then how after 200,000,000 turnovers were we still in the Monday night game against your team last year until the 3rd quarter ?

Cause IF Dockett just pulls Ben Rothlesrapist to the ground late in the 2008 Superbowl then we would have a Lombardi.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
After seeing this in many quotes I had to say something.

Are you really expecting CARDINALS fans to have sympathy for your supposed bad luck ?

We are the Cardinals. If there is a way to lose a game, for worse case scenarios to play out, and for the improbable to happen we have seen it.

How much sympathy has this franchise gotten for their plight ? ZERO.

So we are not ones to care about whether it is luck, skill, or hell freezing over. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. We are going to take the win and celebrate it no matter how tarnished the rest of the NFL world thinks it is.

And 10 years from now it will still say 2009 Cardinals NFC West Champs.

Plus if we want to play the "luck" game, and who was really the better team, then how after 200,000,000 turnovers were we still in the Monday night game against your team last year until the 3rd quarter ?

Cause IF Dockett just pulls Ben Rothlesrapist to the ground late in the 2008 Superbowl then we would have a Lombardi.

I respect your opinion inside the context you used it. Intrinsically it seems Im playing the "woe is me" card. But Im not.

The context that Im using it is only in comparing the quality of coaches/team. I wasnt making the case where a better team. It was more I feel where not as bad as our record dictates. Additionaly I noticed how many ARZ fans play a very safe card. -Win is a Win

Completly agree, but i feel like some are going to it as a safety net.

The reality is you won, we lost. Im not trying to make excuses Im just trying to shed some light on the fact the some very good teams BARELY beat us. Which would indicate that were not "pretenders" but decent.

No more...No less .....decent