Niners Vs. Arizona by position

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Other than Fitzergerald I dont think that ya'll have any players that are better by position.
Our RBs are far better

D-line is better (Im sure youll argue this one but the stats are there)

Our O-line should now be much better. ( 4 first rounders)

Our LBS are far better with the best MLB in the league( see P.willy and Co.)

Our TE is the best

Our DBS are better

Your WR is one of the best

....everything so far has been fact now all you could argure is who has the better QB and whose cheerleaders are hotter.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Other than Fitzergerald I dont think that ya'll have any players that are better by position.
Our RBs are far better

Our TE is the best

Our DBS are better

....everything so far has been fact now all you could argure is who has the better QB and whose cheerleaders are hotter.

You do your name justice troll!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Our RBs are far better

Our TE is the best

Our DBS are better

Congratulations, you failed to distance yourself from Blowhard.

WellsNum1Fan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm glad you believe that...because you will be completely bewildered at the end of the season when the Cards raise yet another NFC West banner. Glad you are "better" at all those positions (in your opinion), but the Cards are still the best team in the division and they will show it AGAIN.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our RBs are far better

Our TE is the best

Our DBS are better

Come back after you go 16 and 0 and we'll talk about it.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm glad you believe that...because you will be completely bewildered at the end of the season when the Cards raise yet another NFC West banner. Glad you are "better" at all those positions (in your opinion), but the Cards are still the best team in the division and they will show it AGAIN.

But ya couldnt beat us though! And we didnt lose anyone this offseason....can uh you say that??

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Our RBs are far better

Wells & Hightower > Gore

With our pickup of Williams at NT, alongside Dockett and Campbell - a case can be made that this is a push.

Huh? You're considering rookies who have never played a down in the NFL into this equation?? LMAO...

No argument here...

Our TE is the best

No arguement here either...

Our DBS are better

Your Free Safety is better. Our Strong Safety is better. And the CB's are a split as Cromartie is better than anyone you have...

Yup... and, we have Breaston who until Crabtree proves otherwise, Stevie is better than anyone the 9ers currently put on the field at WR.

QB is a total toss-up. Matty is purely unproven. This is his year. Make or break. Smith has shown signs that he can be decent, however, he has more often shown signs that he is nothing more than craptastic...
And trust me, the Cheerleaders aren't even debatable... come to a game and you'll see what I mean. ;)

The reality is that last season, there really wasn't much seperation between the 9ers and Cards. You guys did beat us twice... Warner is the reason we made won the division and now that he's gone, the Cards will have a huge amount of pressure to prove they can win witout Kurt. Talent wise it's there. However, it remains to be seen if Leinart can rise to the challenge and lead the team to a 3rd consecutive post season birth...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Our RBs are far better

Our TE is the best

Our DBS are better

Wow! Quality analysis here!

So you think Issac Sopaga, Aubrayo Franklin, and Justin Smith are better than Calais Campbell, Dan Williams (probably), and Darnell Dockett? I don't at all, and our scheme is different anyway even though we play a different scheme anyway. Our lineman get a lot more pressure and SF's linemen are possibly better run defenders.

Your Oline MAY be better, but it hasn't proven anything so far. So from last year's team we had a better line. Iupati and Davis are probably more likely to be busts than great players and I think 9er's fans have already made busts for Canton :p

DBs better? You're kidding right? We have THREE PRO BOWLERS IN OUR secondary! DRC is better than any defender on your defense NOT named Patrick Willis. Kerry Rhodes and Wilson are both Pro Bowl players, though neither of are complete players.

Yeah your LBs are better but we have lots of young talent that just hasn't proved themselves yet.

Runningback....while Gore has been a very good player, we have more proven depth and Gore has multiple knee injuries and has carried your offense for years. Plus Beanie Wells is ready to explode! The kid is going to be really good (he was last year in limited carries) and he's worked his ass off this offseason. Tim Hightower is better than your backup, Glenn Coffee based on actually data (which Coffee has next to nothing).

Wide receiver? We have much better wide receivers. Crabtree would be a #2 on our team, and that isn't even guaranteed. Fitz, Breaston, Doucet, and now Roberts will continue to be an amazing corps with a nice blend of size and speed.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least this thread didn't start with, "We use to have Montana and Rice, so we will always be better".

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Wells & Hightower > Gore

With our pickup of Williams at NT, alongside Dockett and Campbell - a case can be made that this is a push.

Huh? You're considering rookies who have never played a down in the NFL into this equation?? LMAO...

No argument here...

No arguement here either...

Your Free Safety is better. Our Strong Safety is better. And the CB's are a split as Cromartie is better than anyone you have...

Yup... and, we have Breaston who until Crabtree proves otherwise, Stevie is better than anyone the 9ers currently put on the field at WR.

QB is a total toss-up. Matty is purely unproven. This is his year. Make or break. Smith has shown signs that he can be decent, however, he has more often shown signs that he is nothing more than craptastic...
And trust me, the Cheerleaders aren't even debatable... come to a game and you'll see what I mean. ;)

The reality is that last season, there really wasn't much seperation between the 9ers and Cards. You guys did beat us twice... Warner is the reason we made won the division and now that he's gone, the Cards will have a huge amount of pressure to prove they can win witout Kurt. Talent wise it's there. However, it remains to be seen if Leinart can rise to the challenge and lead the team to a 3rd consecutive post season birth...

I just gotta say that was an awesome assement of your team. Seriously, kudos for the no bull totally realistic breakdown.

But of course I need to argue one or two points.:)

your first point is Im sorry to say is almost laughable.

Gore is a perennial probowler and fantasy stud with the stats to prove it he avgerages 5 yrds a carry.

Second point-isnt it kind of hypocritical of you to laugh at me for using rookies in the equation when you did the same thing regarding D. Williams.

However you are right, ...additionaly the point is moot because without the additions ya'll would have a better O line and us a better D line, so what ever.

Ill wrap it up by saying that Crabtree has proven he'll be good. If you watched him play you would see it to. But I digress because hes proven it in only half a season. So you win there and your last points are spot on IMO.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that they're getting better, but they're lacking in a couple of key areas that you conveniently forget to mention below in your comparisons--coaching and QB--and it all starts there. You can have all the talent in the world, but if they're not in the right place at the right time, you're f'd.

My comments are in-line below.

Our RBs are far better - Gore is better than Beanie (for now), but how many games will he play? I don't think this one is as big of a difference as you make it out to be.

D-line is better (Im sure youll argue this one but the stats are there) - I will argue this one. I think you're flat out wrong. If Williams pans out, he, DD and CC will be a force in the trenches. Even without a true NT last year, that line provided much of the Cardinals' pass rush, which is somewhat unusual in a 3-4 D.

Our O-line should now be much better. ( 4 first rounders) - It should be, but that likely won't come to fruition this year. OL is not a position where rookies thrive. I liked your draft, though. The Cards should be somewhat solid along the OL again.

Our LBS are far better with the best MLB in the league( see P.willy and Co.) - I agree.

Our TE is the best - lol. He became pretty good last year, but I think it's rare that a TE can be a game changer. He's no Clark, yet.

Our DBS are better - I think the Cards have better top-line talent. I'd take Wilson, Rhodes and DRC over your best 3, but admittedly, that 2nd and nickle CB spots are shaky at best for us (fortunately, they can neutralize Crabtree and Davis leaving SF with...not much in the way of receivers)

Your WR is one of the best - Which wouldn't mean a lot if Breaston wasn't also pretty good. I'd like to think Early doucett would keep getting better, too, but we'll see.

....everything so far has been fact now all you could argure is who has the better QB and whose cheerleaders are hotter. - As far as QBs go, I know Matt Leinart's prowess can be debated, but I think he's going to be a lot better than people give him credit for. But for the sake of this discussion I'm willing to call it a push.
And, bottom line is that if the Niners can't get up for more than the Cardinals games, then they're going to miss the playoffs again. We all have basically the same schedule and the Cards simply beat more teams than the Niners do.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow! Quality analysis here!

So you think Issac Sopaga, Aubrayo Franklin, and Justin Smith are better than Calais Campbell, Dan Williams (probably), and Darnell Dockett? I don't at all, and our scheme is different anyway even though we play a different scheme anyway. Our lineman get a lot more pressure and SF's linemen are possibly better run defenders.

Your Oline MAY be better, but it hasn't proven anything so far. So from last year's team we had a better line. Iupati and Davis are probably more likely to be busts than great players and I think 9er's fans have already made busts for Canton :p

DBs better? You're kidding right? We have THREE PRO BOWLERS IN OUR secondary! DRC is better than any defender on your defense NOT named Patrick Willis. Kerry Rhodes and Wilson are both Pro Bowl players, though neither of are complete players.

Yeah your LBs are better but we have lots of young talent that just hasn't proved themselves yet.

Runningback....while Gore has been a very good player, we have more proven depth and Gore has multiple knee injuries and has carried your offense for years. Plus Beanie Wells is ready to explode! The kid is going to be really good (he was last year in limited carries) and he's worked his ass off this offseason. Tim Hightower is better than your backup, Glenn Coffee based on actually data (which Coffee has next to nothing).

Wide receiver? We have much better wide receivers. Crabtree would be a #2 on our team, and that isn't even guaranteed. Fitz, Breaston, Doucet, and now Roberts will continue to be an amazing corps with a nice blend of size and speed.

I appreciate the optimism but IM speaking not about whose ready or what could happen or if this guy was here. Im speaking straight up whose better now TODAY. Save your injuries and the so and so is ready to explode stuff for a pep rally.

Justin smith- Hands down widely considered the best 3-4 D lineman in the game. Go look at his pressures and his player ranking. He has a tremendous motor and great size. Plus better stats than campbell

Abroyo Franklin has one job. Eat blocks. He does it all game. Which is a big reason our MLBs are able to run free and why our team as a whole tied for 3rd in sacks.

Gore is a top 5 running back on everybodies fantasy board.....but no your right your backups better.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll give you that they're getting better, but they're lacking in a couple of key areas that you conveniently forget to mention below in your comparisons--coaching and QB--and it all starts there. You can have all the talent in the world, but if they're not in the right place at the right time, you're f'd.

My comments are in-line below.

And, bottom line is that if the Niners can't get up for more than the Cardinals games, then they're going to miss the playoffs again. We all have basically the same schedule and the Cards simply beat more teams than the Niners do.

I completly respect this assesment, whenever I dont stare up at the ceiling after reading a breakdown Ill respond.

One thing you did that happens far to often in sports is relying to much on your intangibles. You dont know Beanie Wells is gonna be any better than last year considering you where 28th in rushing last year and added no help to your O-line and lost your future HOF Q.B. that made defenses sit back. With out that teams are gonna put 8 in the box so you got more riding on lienhart than you think. And considering his limited playing time I cant talk smack yet. But trust me by week 3 Ill be there to eat crow or serve it.

I already talked about our d-line in another post so feel free to look at that .

If you dont think TE 's can be a game changer just go ask the Chiefs(Gonzalez), broncos(Sharp), Packers(Franks) and Chargers(Gates) how they feel about that. Then go and find who holds the record for most TDs by a TE and get back to me on that one.

As far as DBs go we have a better pass defense than you SF 21st ARZ 23rd. Dont mistake clements for having a bad year as now a bad player. Hes still clements but hes lost alot of respect so cromartie wins. But spencer is a good number two...ask any niner fan theyll tell ya the same. The words shaky never come to mind. Mays is a huge question mark however goldson had a stellar year so It looks like we take this one to.

Im going to play a dangerous game right now....What if!

What IF? Favre doesnt throw that last second forty yard touchdown pass last year.

What IF? The colts dont pull off that trick play at the end to give them the lead because Peyton was sacked 3 times and had his worst game of the season and didnt throw one touchdown.

I understand that you have your what if? games as well but let it be known WE not you should have won the division!! You got lucky. Argue all you want but we where then the better team, as we are now. And you better start getting prepared for a season of tears and heartbreak because you havent got a chance in hell of beating us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism but IM speaking not about whose ready or what could happen or if this guy was here. Im speaking straight up whose better now TODAY. Save your injuries and the so and so is ready to explode stuff for a pep rally.

Justin smith- Hands down widely considered the best 3-4 D lineman in the game. Go look at his pressures and his player ranking. He has a tremendous motor and great size. Plus better stats than campbell

No Campbell had more sacks, more tackles, more batted passes, more blocked field goals. Smith had a ton of QB pressures, so I'll give him the edge, but that's not factoring in Darnell Dockett who ALSO HAD MORE SACKS THAN JUSTIN SMITH. HMMM 2 starting defensive ends that had less QB pressures but more sacks than Justin Smith....does that mean they're better finishers than Justin Smith? And of course, our rotation at DE is pretty good with Alan Branch and Iwebema. So statistically, you can't even make an argument that your d line creates better pressure.

Abroyo Franklin has one job. Eat blocks. He does it all game. Which is a big reason our MLBs are able to run free and why our team as a whole tied for 3rd in sacks.

So here's a position that your better at, NT. 1/3 IMO when factoring in depth and better overall statistics. And of course we addressed this in the draft with the selection of Dan Williams. And btw....we had 1 less sack than the 49ers. And we won the NFC West too :)

Gore is a top 5 running back on everybodies fantasy board.....but no your right your backups better.

Eh whatever...We've got more depth and I'm very comfortable with Beanie Wells. I think the difference between our runningbacks ISN'T as great as you do, but I do believe we have much better receivers. Your receiver corps is literally Michael Crabtree and some scrubs, and Crabtree isn't good enough to carry Larry Fitzgerald's jock strap at this point in time.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I completly respect this assesment, whenever I dont stare up at the ceiling after reading a breakdown Ill respond.

One thing you did that happens far to often in sports is relying to much on your intangibles. You dont know Beanie Wells is gonna be any better than last year considering you where 28th in rushing last year and added no help to your O-line and lost your future HOF Q.B. that made defenses sit back. With out that teams are gonna put 8 in the box so you got more riding on lienhart than you think. And considering his limited playing time I cant talk smack yet. But trust me by week 3 Ill be there to eat crow or serve it.

I already talked about our d-line in another post so feel free to look at that .

If you dont think TE 's can be a game changer just go ask the Chiefs(Gonzalez), broncos(Sharp), Packers(Franks) and Chargers(Gates) how they feel about that. Then go and find who holds the record for most TDs by a TE and get back to me on that one.

As far as DBs go we have a better pass defense than you SF 21st ARZ 23rd. Dont mistake clements for having a bad year as now a bad player. Hes still clements but hes lost alot of respect so cromartie wins. But spencer is a good number two...ask any niner fan theyll tell ya the same. The words shaky never come to mind. Mays is a huge question mark however goldson had a stellar year so It looks like we take this one to.

Im going to play a dangerous game right now....What if!

What IF? Favre doesnt throw that last second forty yard touchdown pass last year.

What IF? The colts dont pull off that trick play at the end to give them the lead because Peyton was sacked 3 times and had his worst game of the season and didnt throw one touchdown.

I understand that you have your what if? games as well but let it be known WE not you should have won the division!! You got lucky. Argue all you want but we where then the better team, as we are now. And you better start getting prepared for a season of tears and heartbreak because you havent got a chance in hell of beating us.

You just wrote a post in another thread about 3 hours ago that mentioned how you are upset we picked up Faneca, and you wish the Ninas would have.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Campbell had more sacks, more tackles, more batted passes, more blocked field goals. Smith had a ton of QB pressures, so I'll give him the edge, but that's not factoring in Darnell Dockett who ALSO HAD MORE SACKS THAN JUSTIN SMITH. HMMM 2 starting defensive ends that had less QB pressures but more sacks than Justin Smith....does that mean they're better finishers than Justin Smith? And of course, our rotation at DE is pretty good with Alan Branch and Iwebema. So statistically, you can't even make an argument that your d line creates better pressure.

So here's a position that your better at, NT. 1/3 IMO when factoring in depth and better overall statistics. And of course we addressed this in the draft with the selection of Dan Williams. And btw....we had 1 less sack than the 49ers. And we won the NFC West too :)

Eh whatever...We've got more depth and I'm very comfortable with Beanie Wells. I think the difference between our runningbacks ISN'T as great as you do, but I do believe we have much better receivers. Your receiver corps is literally Michael Crabtree and some scrubs, and Crabtree isn't good enough to carry Larry Fitzgerald's jock strap at this point in time.

Campbell did have more sacks, Batted passes and blocked FG's. He did not have more tackles or assists. Smith Had 2 FF compared to Campbell's 1. But in all I would take Campbells stats and young legs overs Smith's any day of the week.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score

First I gotta say that I love your qoute? Wheres it from?
And what division are you in? I myself am training for Air force JTAC. I get my A.A. next month so ill be enlisting as an E3(sweet) Im looking forward to putting bombs on target.

As far as everything you said....well uh your right. I didnt really put it in that perspective.

I know that the conext of the thread was better player position by position. But for the sake of argument Ill just say that while I would gladly take docket to replace sopoaga I think we have a D-line thats addept at stopping the run. A.Peterson had his two worst games against us.

But like I said the thread wasnt called who has the better defense or offense but best players so I thought about Smith and matched him up individually against Dockett and Cambell and felt we had the edge. But when sopoaga is thown into the mix then yeah, your D-line is better across.

OP
OP

49erTroll

Veteran
Reaction score
You just wrote a post in another thread about 3 hours ago that mentioned how you are upset we picked up Faneca, and you wish the Ninas would have.

When I say no help I use it loosely like " The raiders have no quarterback"

Faneca is a one and done player but I thought his value wasnt in playing as much as it was in mentoring. We have 3 players on our O-line with less than 3 years exp. and I thought Faneca would have been a good teach. Im upset that they got him because he makes a crap O-line better because he will likely retire at the end of this year and he'll want to go out with one last hurahh. Much like Larry Allen did for us. So anything that makes them even incrementally better makes me mad.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard