Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 11-21-22

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just MHO, KM has loads of talent but lacks maturity. He is not a leader, leaders lead by example. Soon as something doesn't go his way he turns into "Sir Pouts-a lot".

Great game, see you guys in January
That seems to be the sentiment of a lot of fans as well.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just MHO, KM has loads of talent but lacks maturity. He is not a leader, leaders lead by example. Soon as something doesn't go his way he turns into "Sir Pouts-a lot".

Kyler has checked out on KK, now looks like the rest of the team will as well. It’s obvious his offense is trash and does not work consistently in the NFL. Yeah you can have spurts of success but that’s it. Then when you have a D like ours it doesn’t much matter when a team can just pound it down your throat whenever they need to! Players are making business decisions now knowing this team and coaching staff is LOST!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler has checked out on KK, now looks like the rest of the team will as well. It’s obvious his offense is trash and does not work consistently in the NFL. Yeah you can have spurts of success but that’s it. Then when you have a D like ours it doesn’t much matter when a team can just pound it down your throat whenever they need to! Players are making business decisions now knowing this team and coaching staff is LOST!
Agreed. Some of those touchdowns we refused to engage the runner at all. Hamilton in particular made a fool of himself and was called out for it on National TV. MB has a big problem. This coach has lost the team.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just MHO, Jimmy G looks like a world beater against a defeated defense like ours, but he will inevitably make some boneheaded plays in the playoffs that will cost you your season.

Good luck out there.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just MHO, Jimmy G looks like a world beater against a defeated defense like ours, but he will inevitably make some boneheaded plays in the playoffs that will cost you your season.

Good luck out there.
I would note, their fans are happier than we are.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were always losing this game but also I think we have been a bit unrealistic about the injury situation.

Injuries are complete flukes. There's no need to look at the conditioning coaches. It's the same ones from last year or the year before where we weren't beset by injuries. It's just bad luck.

No team could win missing Hollywood, Ertz, Rondale, Hump, Pugh, hudson, Hernandez, Kyler, Lawrence, Murphy Jr, Wesley, Williams.

The Cards have used 75 players this year. The most in the league.

There are also other issues. Kyler, edge rush, rushing attack etc but even if all those things were fine it's impossible to win with so many key players out.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screen passes don’t count? He had a perfectly thrown ball dropped in end zone. A first down drop by Hop. Dortch going wrong way on a play that would have been a first down. Real dumb penalty by Hop and Conner half adding it caused the pick. Second half he had even less time after Niners went up big. It was a jail break on many plays. Name a backup that could have done better.
Colt had a rough game

No way around it

You noted earlier the plays that were there and the players didn't catch the ball, block or do their job properly

I saw all that too

They shut down the run game and with Conner being so slow it was terrible

They were focusing on taking away the short stuff and did a good job

With all that said, it's up to Colt to find a way to win and make plays

He did to a point in the first half, but the 2nd half he was bad

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Anderson letting the ball go right through his hands on the perfectly thrown TD pass?

Those kind of plays can give you momentum and when they fail it's a letdown

95% of WR's make that catch

Why is he still on the team?

And why did we trade picks for him when he's useless?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
How about Anderson letting the ball go right through his hands on the perfectly thrown TD pass?

Those kind of plays can give you momentum and when they fail it's a letdown

95% of WR's make that catch

Why is he still on the team?

And why did we trade picks for him when he's useless?
Different Anderson. But yes they both suck. And how about Kliff’s innovative offense that allowed two TE’s to run routes five yards from each other 20 yards down the field?

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Budda Baker: I don’t feel everyone played hard until the end of Monday night’s game

A disappointing Cardinals season hit another low point in Mexico City on Monday night.

Running back James Conner cut the 49ers lead to 14-10 with a second quarter touchdown run, but the 49ers would go on to score 24 straight points as they cruised to a 38-10 win that left the Cardinals with a 4-7 record. After the game, safety Budda Baker said the 49ers “beat us real bad” and he was asked if he thought the team played hard throughout the loss.

“No, I don’t . . . At the end of the day we’re all grown men,” Baker said. “Women lie, men lie, that film never lies. Whatever the film says is what it is.” Baker said, via Cameron Cox of KPNX.

Baker did not call anyone out by name, although Cardinals cornerback Antonio Hamilton could be seen stopping short of a fully engaged tackle attempt on one of 49ers tight end George Kittle‘s touchdowns.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Collapsing Cardinals are 5-12 in their last 17 games

A year ago, the Cardinals were the toast of the NFL. Now they’re a disaster.

After Monday night’s 38-10 loss to the 49ers, the Cardinals are 5-12 over their last 17 games. That’s a full season’s worth of play in which Arizona has been one of the worst teams in the league.

It’s hard to remember now, but the Cardinals started 7-0 last season, and as late as Week 14 of 2021, they were the No. 1 team in a lot of NFL power rankings. Many football fans and commentators were expecting the Cardinals to be in the Super Bowl last season.

And then they lost five of their last six games, including a 34-11 loss to the Rams in the wild card round of the playoffs. It was clear to anyone who watched the Cardinals down the stretch last season that things were trending in the wrong direction.

Surprisingly, Cardinals ownership responded to that collapse by doubling down, with contract extensions for coach Kliff Kingsbury, General Manager Steve Keim, and quarterback Kyler Murray. The Cardinals made it clear with those contracts that they were all-in.

And the result this year is a 4-7 record and a team that is almost certain to miss the playoffs. Those contract extensions look like big mistakes. The Cardinals are collapsing.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Budda Baker: I don’t feel everyone played hard until the end of Monday night’s game

A disappointing Cardinals season hit another low point in Mexico City on Monday night.

Running back James Conner cut the 49ers lead to 14-10 with a second quarter touchdown run, but the 49ers would go on to score 24 straight points as they cruised to a 38-10 win that left the Cardinals with a 4-7 record. After the game, safety Budda Baker said the 49ers “beat us real bad” and he was asked if he thought the team played hard throughout the loss.

“No, I don’t . . . At the end of the day we’re all grown men,” Baker said. “Women lie, men lie, that film never lies. Whatever the film says is what it is.” Baker said, via Cameron Cox of KPNX.

Baker did not call anyone out by name, although Cardinals cornerback Antonio Hamilton could be seen stopping short of a fully engaged tackle attempt on one of 49ers tight end George Kittle‘s touchdowns.
Saw that on 12 News last night… So sad. So disappointing… But, not so surprising.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
This game was beyond SAD,,,, on national TV.

You must be registered for see images attach

Possible one more win this season, against Denver,,,and that's not a sure thing.

Ticket prices to watch this team at home should be 75% OFF.....

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The only reason the offense is trash is because Kliff sucks at actual play calling. The play designs are usually really good...it just becomes easier to defend when you call sideline passes 90% of the time. The Cards need a play caller who won't just call downfield passes, but will insist on them, to open up the defense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Budda took an absolute beating, trying to get past O Linemen who were running 20 yards downfield, blocking successfully for the Niners. IMO, he has a right to gripe about the effort of others.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colt had a rough game

No way around it

You noted earlier the plays that were there and the players didn't catch the ball, block or do their job properly

I saw all that too

They shut down the run game and with Conner being so slow it was terrible

They were focusing on taking away the short stuff and did a good job

With all that said, it's up to Colt to find a way to win and make plays

He did to a point in the first half, but the 2nd half he was bad

Also there were at least 3 plays in the first half alone where D Hop was wide open and Colt went somewhere else and it happened again in the 2nd half. I think as the game went on Colt was so banged up he was just in protection mode. Kliff really IMO threw him to the wolves there waiting that long to pull him.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Can't wait until we start the game next week with another sideways play for zero or negative yards! Niners had to be laughing at us last night

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Also there were at least 3 plays in the first half alone where D Hop was wide open and Colt went somewhere else and it happened again in the 2nd half. I think as the game went on Colt was so banged up he was just in protection mode. Kliff really IMO threw him to the wolves there waiting that long to pull him.

Man I am always quoting you Russ sorry to be such a fanboy. :)

But I think you’re right (again) and that maybe Colt tightened up a little after the interception.

Did you get a chance to review that play? I’m traveling and I haven’t had a chance to look at again. In the game thread some people said good throw others said bad throw.

But again it was an awful spot for McCoy. Thrown to the wolves is a perfect way to say it, and I’m angry with our franchise at the moment.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Man I am always quoting you Russ sorry to be such a fanboy. :)

But I think you’re right (again) and that maybe Colt tightened up a little after the interception.

Did you get a chance to review that play? I’m traveling and I haven’t had a chance to look at again. In the game thread some people said good throw others said bad throw.

But again it was an awful spot for McCoy. Thrown to the wolves is a perfect way to say it, and I’m angry with our franchise at the moment.
the throw was behind Conner, Conner got one hand on it and tipped it up while reaching back. Those things happen and Conner could have made a better effort to stop and try to move his body backwards, but it was a bad throw.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose