Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No way for us to know for sure, since the details have not been publicly released to my knowledge, but typically a partial tear of the MCL is described as a sprain, and doesn't need surgery. A 4-6 week timeline is typical in that scenario (though, having had a grade 2-3 MCL sprain, that's hard for me to imagine - it took me about 6 months to feel 100%). Since it's been described as a tear and he had surgery, i'd say there no chance he'd be back so soon. MAYBE for the Super Bowl?

...dave
I was thinking it was an MCL sprain as well but he had surgery so Idk really? I got an MCL sprain about 20 years ago from a skiing accident, it didn't require surgery but I was off week for a month. It was explained to me it's hair like fibers that tear just like slithers of a rope, they grow back on their own without surgery if not torn too bad, just rest. He had surgery so all bets are off lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He didn't even have him in press. He had Wilson sat about 10 yards off him. Smith had the could have done anything on that play. Wilson may as well not have been there the play call was that bad.
He always got the assignment of the other teams #1 WR. He always played man coverage cause Grantham blitzed so much.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs.

He has this reputation of being a choker and that's got to play on his mind. There's more pressure on Stafford in this game than any game in his career. He's not at crappy Detroit anymore who just scrapped a playoff spot. He's at the division winners. A team that are "All in" and that has invested heavily in FA's to make a Superbowl run this year.

And with his recent form of 8 INT's in his last 4 games he's under massive pressure not to screw this up.

Got to get after Stafford early and that might be the game. Again, Watt is a huge part of this.

JJ Watt is probably the difference between winning and losing on Monday. I'm not saying we can't win without him, but I like our chances a whole lots more with him.
We got in his face a few times in the last game but to his credit he made great throws. We have to be more in his face this game though & rattle him.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I keep saying this but it's true imo. If Rondale is healthy KK should call some quick slants for him either in the slot or from out wide? He has 4.2 speed & can make people miss, if he does it out in space he has less defenders to beat with that type of speed. He's mainly been used for gadget plays & bubble screens, yes those bubble screens give the defense something to think about but Rondale needs deeper routes with his speed. If he can make one guy miss over the middle with his speed he may be gone? The Rams are really banged up in the secondary, just signed 37 year old Eric Weddle whom hasn't played in 2 years. They're missing a safety & the CB opposite Ramsey. Yes we have to run the ball but we also need to take advantage of them with a banged up secondary.

Agree that with DHop out, Moore is a weapon that absolutely has to be utilized.

This KK's moment too. He's had a few weeks to cook up some stuff for the playoffs, and seven days to target the Rams. We need him to call his best game of the year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep saying this but it's true imo. If Rondale is healthy KK should call some quick slants for him either in the slot or from out wide? He has 4.2 speed & can make people miss, if he does it out in space he has less defenders to beat with that type of speed. He's mainly been used for gadget plays & bubble screens, yes those bubble screens give the defense something to think about but Rondale needs deeper routes with his speed. If he can make one guy miss over the middle with his speed he may be gone? The Rams are really banged up in the secondary, just signed 37 year old Eric Weddle whom hasn't played in 2 years. They're missing a safety & the CB opposite Ramsey. Yes we have to run the ball but we also need to take advantage of them with a banged up secondary.
Yes. This is what frustrate some fans with the K-boys. Maybe there is a reason for the lack of routes for Moore. If there is I don’t see it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He’s right lol you’re acting like he has been useless when in reality he has been key in the Seattle, Minnesota, LA & both SF wins.
Not they way people are saying to use him tho. He was ineffective long before the injury.

He probably doesn’t run slants because he can’t get off the NFL press. Maybe he learns how over the offseason, but there’s no time to do that in Wild Card week.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not they way people are saying to use him tho. He was ineffective long before the injury.

He probably doesn’t run slants because he can’t get off the NFL press. Maybe he learns how over the offseason, but there’s no time to do that in Wild Card week.

Ain't nobody been playing press vs Moore. Not for more of a handful of his snaps anyway.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This kid (and KK) are seriously pissing me off. WHERE'S THIS ATTITUDE IN CLINCHING GAMES???
He really reminds me of deandre Ayton at this point. Both going guys drafted #1 with worlds of natural talent at positions that are difficult to fill (QB and center) who just seek to lack a certain level of self-awareness and as a result make statements that have knowledgeable fans shaking their heads.

Will anyone be surprised if we find out kyler has “DOMURRAYTION” tattooed across his back? (Kidding . . . kind of)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish we had Alford back for this game. He's been sorely missed since he's been out.

It's a long shot but I'm hoping Breeland can get up to speed quickly and replace him. He has the ability.

I feel like Breeland is being under rated as a signing here. It was only a season or two ago people wanted to sign him in FA. He's still only 29 (just).

He definitely did not have a good year with the Vikings but I can only guess that was scheme fit. In his last 3 years with KC he only allowed 49.9% completion percentage (which is top tier) and a passer rating of 84. He's a good player.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ertz told him. Of course if he’s open that much you might hope Murray notices him. I believe 2 first half targets against the Seahawks.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Im pretty sure he's targeting him enough. I'd argue the Colts game he targeted him too much with the forced throws into double coverage.

Also you're wrong about 2 targets Harry. It was a forced target to Ertz down the field when Wesley was open underneath on a route. Could he have got the 24 yards for the 1st down? Idk. However, we'll never know cause he forced it to Ertz.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He’s right lol you’re acting like he has been useless when in reality he has been key in the Seattle, Minnesota, LA & both SF wins.
A key player in 4 games? Rondale Moore? Yeah, no. He had some gadget appeal early but not only hasn't developed from that, actively regressed and then got hurt.