Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thinking in the statement is ass backwards, though, and it's borne out by how awful we've been in those clinching games: THIS is the big game; the PLAYOFFS are where it's at. Yeah, that's great and all, but you have to first GET to the playoffs. Thankfully some other teams got us there, in the end, but having the attitude of you have to get to the playoffs before you play the big, meaningful games is just awful.
I get it. I understand. Something in my mind just tells me I’m glad we sort of choked away a/the home game/division because we only played great at home once all season. I think we would have gone one & done against SF, even with the sweep we had over them. It doesn’t mean we’ll win every road game in the playoffs, but I still strangely feel confident in every road game, especially with a returning Watt(albeit not 100%). The Cowboys win in the midst of our downfall at least gave me a decent bit of hope.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Win on Monday Night under the bright lights first. Win against a team that's beaten the Cards every time but once the last 7 or 8 years. Then maybe talk about freezing in GB.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This game comes down to the trenches. Protect Kyler and pressure Stafford and we should win.

The 2ndbiggest concern for me is thier run game. With Michel on form, Akers back and Henderson too. That's some backfield.

Watt being back or not could make all the difference.
Ugh I didn’t realize Akers was back. He killed us last season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess we'll see but I'm not too worried about how poorly he played his last game, remember he'd just gotten back off the Covid list. We have seen that with several guys, Chandler Jones, Green etc where the first week back they just don't play well at all. The other guys all improved I'm hoping Hump will too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming we win (and the Bucs and Cowboys win)

The weather in Green Bay will be a high of 10 degrees next week.

Its the only potential road game I fear. Feel really good about going to LA. Feel great about going to Dallas. Feel ok about going to Tampa.

But I'd rather it be really cold instead of really rainy.

I actually think SF beats Dallas. in fact if they have their holder issue solved, I think they probably win by double digits.

Their defense has been getting better for weeks now, the secondary still has some guys missing but they're getting by, the LB's and DL have been playing well, Bosa has been a man on fire, he must have gotten his PED booster. So I expect they're going to stuff the Cowboys run game and then get after Dak.

So I think if we win, we're likely playing in Tampa.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we'll see but I'm not too worried about how poorly he played his last game, remember he'd just gotten back off the Covid list. We have seen that with several guys, Chandler Jones, Green etc where the first week back they just don't play well at all. The other guys all improved I'm hoping Hump will too.

Only one game is after Covid. The other 3 are before.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Niners-Cowboys is that matchup where more than usual are picking the Niners to win so of course the Cowboys will win.
Exactly what I was thinking. The Cowboys defense is exactly the type of opportunistic group to crush Jimmy G early. They wont come back if they get down big at halftime again.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to this see once, just once (because there is no way you can stay in this formation with some of these players for too long), and that is Moore, Kirk, Dortch and Isabella (yeah him) lining up and all taking go routes deep with their speed. You know, sprinkle that in once when the run game is working on a second and short... and the OL has decent protection lol
I can dig it. But I would say one or two of them would have to break across the middle.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the temperature is less than 11 degrees at home Green Bay's record is 9-14. There is a lot of myth about how much of an advantage the cold is for the Packers.

But if the 49ers upset the Cowboys( and they will) we will play Tampa.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Ugh I didn’t realize Akers was back. He killed us last season.
Rams have shown the tendency to abandon the run at the slightest hint of adversity this season. Let's hope they don't wise up all of the sudden. I think you are right. If we get to Stafford, we win the game. He has shown that he will make the crucial mistake throw or throws several times this season when the interior crumbles the pocket around him and especially when pushed straight backwards.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thanks for the help. No love for Staffords wife online which is just causing more Cards fans to buy tickets now they noticing ticket prices are better than expected lol