Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually think SF beats Dallas. in fact if they have their holder issue solved, I think they probably win by double digits.

Their defense has been getting better for weeks now, the secondary still has some guys missing but they're getting by, the LB's and DL have been playing well, Bosa has been a man on fire, he must have gotten his PED booster. So I expect they're going to stuff the Cowboys run game and then get after Dak.

So I think if we win, we're likely playing in Tampa
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good pick Simms.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I caught a segment on PTI with Booger. He wanted to pick the Rams... Said he just couldn't do it with Stafford at QB.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This. Stafford had no pressure on him at all in game 2, and he made us pay. With how inconsistent our offense has been, we can't give up 30+ points.
We got some pressure on him or in his face several times from what I saw, he was just on in that game, made some nice passes. Hopefully we can sack him a few times early & rattle him & he turns into the Stafford that makes mistakes though?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really like this kid. I don't have a good grasp on his ceiling yet, but I seeing him sticking in the league for a bit. In fact, with Antonio Hamilton, I really like our secondary as a whole. They are not perfect but they do pretty well for their age and talent level.
I like Wilson & Hamilton. I watch a whole lot of SEC football cause of Kentucky being in the conference. The whole time Wilson started for the Gators he was up & down, he'd make a spectacular play then give up 2 long TD passes. In his defense, Todd Grantham (the Gators DC at the time) sucked as a DC but that's not to say his calls caused Wilson to give up TD's. He has speed though & was fearless even after giving up long TD's, he always got assigned to the other teams #1 WR. Grantham blitzed constantly leaving his Corners on an island so as a CB you're gonna win some & lose some in man coverage. VJ plays the soft zone so he isn't asked to play man as much if at all. Can't remember which Rams WR caught that pass on Wilson in the last game, but he couldn't have played any tighter coverage. It was in the front corner of the end zone & Stafford made a perfect pass. I hope we get him back Monday?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As much as the offense misses DHop, I think it equally misses having both Edmonds and Conner healthy. They compliment each other perfectly, and each are best when they get maybe 15 or 16 touches a game.
I keep saying this but it's true imo. If Rondale is healthy KK should call some quick slants for him either in the slot or from out wide? He has 4.2 speed & can make people miss, if he does it out in space he has less defenders to beat with that type of speed. He's mainly been used for gadget plays & bubble screens, yes those bubble screens give the defense something to think about but Rondale needs deeper routes with his speed. If he can make one guy miss over the middle with his speed he may be gone? The Rams are really banged up in the secondary, just signed 37 year old Eric Weddle whom hasn't played in 2 years. They're missing a safety & the CB opposite Ramsey. Yes we have to run the ball but we also need to take advantage of them with a banged up secondary.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He tore an MCL. Not sure it was a complete tear, but players have actually played with this injury but I can’t recall any receivers doing that.
The way I understand it wasn't a complete tear, he had surgery December 18th & they said 4-6 weeks. January 18th is 4 weeks & also the day after we play the Rams. Doubt he plays. If we beat the Rams I could see him playing in the divisional round or the NFC championship if we make it that far?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lets go cards shock the nfl and win in la... not countin on it but hopin

Hey anytbin can happen i was born in marriata georgia parents went to georgia university huge dawg fans no one gave dawgs shot vs bama :) :)

Hope right murray shows
I was pulling for the Dawgs also but let's face it, Saban was in Kirbys head & Alabama missing 2 key WR's in that game allowed Georgia to tee off on Harper. It got so bad the only place to throw was to a RB or slow TE lol. Williams got hurt very early in the game & that did them in.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean you’re not simply replacing 1,000+ yard & 15 TD+ production in the middle of the biggest game of the year with young cats who barely seen the field regardless of their star status coming out of high school, especially against one of the best defenses of all time, lol.
That Georgia defense looked more like an NFL defense, one of the best in college of all time imo.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I understand it wasn't a complete tear, he had surgery December 18th & they said 4-6 weeks. January 18th is 4 weeks & also the day after we play the Rams. Doubt he plays. If we beat the Rams I could see him playing in the divisional round or the NFC championship if we make it that far?
No way for us to know for sure, since the details have not been publicly released to my knowledge, but typically a partial tear of the MCL is described as a sprain, and doesn't need surgery. A 4-6 week timeline is typical in that scenario (though, having had a grade 2-3 MCL sprain, that's hard for me to imagine - it took me about 6 months to feel 100%). Since it's been described as a tear and he had surgery, i'd say there no chance he'd be back so soon. MAYBE for the Super Bowl?

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Wilson & Hamilton. I watch a whole lot of SEC football cause of Kentucky being in the conference. The whole time Wilson started for the Gators he was up & down, he'd make a spectacular play then give up 2 long TD passes. In his defense, Todd Grantham (the Gators DC at the time) sucked as a DC but that's not to say his calls caused Wilson to give up TD's. He has speed though & was fearless even after giving up long TD's, he always got assigned to the other teams #1 WR. Grantham blitzed constantly leaving his Corners on an island so as a CB you're gonna win some & lose some in man coverage. VJ plays the soft zone so he isn't asked to play man as much if at all. Can't remember which Rams WR caught that pass on Wilson in the last game, but he couldn't have played any tighter coverage. It was in the front corner of the end zone & Stafford made a perfect pass. I hope we get him back Monday?

I remember watching a game where Florida were playing Alabama. Bama had the ball in the RZ and DeVonta Smith is lined up alone on the right with all other receivers on the left and Wilson is in single coverage against one of the shiftiest WR's in college football. It was an impossible task. You could have put prime P2 in that coverage and he wouldn't have stood a chance. Grantham was garbage.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember watching a game where Florida were playing Alabama. Bama had the ball in the RZ and DeVonta Smith is lined up alone on the right with all other receivers on the left and Wilson is in single coverage against one of the shiftiest WR's in college football. It was an impossible task. You could have put prime P2 in that coverage and he wouldn;t have stood a chance. Grantham was garbage.
Yes he was.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs.

He has this reputation of being a choker and that's got to play on his mind. There's more pressure on Stafford in this game than any game in his career. He's not at crappy Detroit anymore who just scrapped a playoff spot. He's at the division winners. A team that are "All in" and that has invested heavily in FA's to make a Superbowl run this year.

And with his recent form of 8 INT's in his last 4 games he's under massive pressure not to screw this up.

Got to get after Stafford early and that might be the game. Again, Watt is a huge part of this.

JJ Watt is probably the difference between winning and losing on Monday. I'm not saying we can't win without him, but I like our chances a whole lots more with him.