NFL Sunday Ticket

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The sonics I know. I'm a sonics fan. I know some terrible humans ran off with their history and championship banner, but the NBA died to me for a long time..........

I grew up in the country. For most of my kid years we had 2 channels that came in solid. ABC was out of Buffalo, so a little hit or miss. Had a rotor that spun the antenna on the roof and the old console TV that you occasionally had to knock around to work.

When the mini dishes came out and we got one when I was in 10th grade, if was a game changer.

Aside from college and 2 years of apartment hopping, I've been with DTV.

I haven't had major issues - it's just expensive and doesn't really have everything I'm looking for

It's time to switch, but a bit daunting

None of the channel lineups are my perfect match though

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What type of antenna did you get? The Wineguard ones that I bought 10+ years ago still work great and seemed to have the longest range of comparable antennas.
I’ve used cheap and expensive antennas and they worked good. Until I moved to Fountain Hills I can’t get them to work out here.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I bought the Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTV. I am not a YouTube Tv subscriber, and do not even have a smart TV (we hook a laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable). I haven't tried to figure out how it's going to work yet, & I am a moronic dinosaur when it comes to tech stuff. I got 3 weeks to figure it out...hopefully it's not a big problem.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTV. I am not a YouTube Tv subscriber, and do not even have a smart TV (we hook a laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable). I haven't tried to figure out how it's going to work yet, & I am a moronic dinosaur when it comes to tech stuff. I got 3 weeks to figure it out...hopefully it's not a big problem.
So you can get the Sunday Ticket even if not a TV subscriber?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Question: Can you DVR games on YoutubeTV, or at least start watching them as soon as you want to? Like, as in while the game is still playing or immediately afterwards?
I'm curious about this as well.

I typically DVR the game and am usually out and about - then jump into the game when it's past half over and skip ads and FF through some of the filler

Diverdan

Reaction score
Yes you can DVR any game with Sunday ticket on YouTube. I cut the cord with DIRECTV and signed up for YouTube TV, I also have YouTube premium. I was a little bit weary but with YouTube TV they are no more boxes anywhere. Everything is streamed to your TV. Any show that you like, you can simply add to your library. So if you put a plus sign next to the cardinal game in the program grid, it will always be there, any TV show will always be there, it’s an unlimited cloud, and I’m really getting used to it and I enjoy it by leaving DIRECTV. I cut my monthly bill in half .

I was worried about fast forwarding but it couldn’t be any smoother. The only thing I’m missing out on is my local sports channels in that case for me, it is MSG However, I’m a NJ Devils fan and I understand I will be able to purchase something from them that will allow me to watch for the season.

it also helps that I purchased a smart TV to make everything much easier.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: Can you DVR games on YoutubeTV, or at least start watching them as soon as you want to? Like, as in while the game is still playing or immediately afterwards?
Absolutely.

So YouTubeTV DVR works like this. I tell yTV that I want to record the Arizona Cardinals. It records all instances of Arizona Cardinals like any other DVR would.

I then run to the store and can't start the game until an hour after the game starts, so the game is live. When you click on the show, you get three options.

1. Join Live.
2. Start from beginning.
3. Quickly catch up to live using 'key plays.' What it determines to be a key play sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, but overall it does a good job.

You can also decide to hide the scores from specific teams, or even specific leagues to avoid spoilers. It's pretty handy.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happens with just the YouTube option, not YouTubeTV? Because it's not like YouTube has a Channel Grid with a list of channels and a guide.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info DCR & diverdan, it's appreciated
One thing that you have to keep in mind with YouTube TV, is that it likes to predict what you will want to watch. Therefore if all you watch is football, and the Cards game comes on and you are half way through it, it might think you want to starting watching it live.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just signed up for NFL+ through my Roku TV it takes my payment immediately but yet I cannot login it tells me all my information email and password is incorrect.

I go to nfl.com I reset everything login on my phone. I’m good to go. Go back to my TV and it still tells me I’m incorrect.

I shut the TV down. Try the whole process again call customer service go through it with them. It will not except my login information.

Roku submits for my refund of 79.99

And then go to nfl.com click on the link for NFL plus sign up through there. It takes my payment immediately go to NFL plus and it will not let me login go back to nfl.com and completely login passwords are correct go back and I still can’t get in. I repeat the process on my iPad Again cannot get in or watch anything to try it out or view NFL net work.

Yea I’m cancelling again now. What trash….

Well that sucks. I haven't signed up yet but that doesn't sound promising

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I'm curious about this as well.

I typically DVR the game and am usually out and about - then jump into the game when it's past half over and skip ads and FF through some of the filler

This is the best way to watch a game...and I was hoping I'd still be able to do this.

Thanks to DCR & Diverdan for the helpful info!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok so I just signed up for NFL+ through my Roku TV it takes my payment immediately but yet I cannot login it tells me all my information email and password is incorrect.

I go to nfl.com I reset everything login on my phone. I’m good to go. Go back to my TV and it still tells me I’m incorrect.

I shut the TV down. Try the whole process again call customer service go through it with them. It will not except my login information.

Roku submits for my refund of 79.99

And then go to nfl.com click on the link for NFL plus sign up through there. It takes my payment immediately go to NFL plus and it will not let me login go back to nfl.com and completely login passwords are correct go back and I still can’t get in. I repeat the process on my iPad Again cannot get in or watch anything to try it out or view NFL net work.

Yea I’m cancelling again now. What trash….
ANTIFA!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard