NFL Sunday Ticket

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latency isn't a concern. Buffering is. Rewind/FF ability is as well as stability and availability.

If I miss the start of the game am I going to have to wait hours until it ends in order to watch it can I pick it up from the start while in progress? That feature could tilt towards the ticket.

I'm definitely going to drop DTV. No ill will towards them, growing up rural the mini dishes were a huge advancement.

It's just too expensive for what it is. I can cut my bill almost in half and get some stuff I'm interested in they don't provide.
I am curious about the bolded too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve bought this for more years than I can recall. However, even though it’s cheaper than tickets, I’m not sure this Cards’ team justifies the investment.
Understandable. Granted, it’s always exciting to watch your team when it’s loaded with talent. Which obviously doesn’t apply to us this year. But, I’ve always looked forward to watching the Cardinals when I have high expectations of the coaching staff. I knew KK was a stiff pretty early on. But, I‘m definitely interested to see if JG creates a more disciplined & smarter team than what we saw under Kliff. I don’t expect us to start fast, but I do expect us to improve as the season progresses. And that’s something that never happened under KK.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understandable. Granted, it’s always exciting to watch your team when it’s loaded with talent. Which obviously doesn’t apply to us this year. But, I’ve always looked forward to watching the Cardinals when I have high expectations of the coaching staff. I knew KK was a stiff pretty early on. But, I‘m definitely interested to see if JG creates a more disciplined & smarter team than what we saw under Kliff. I don’t expect us to start fast, but I do expect us to improve as the season progresses. And that’s something that never happened under KK.
This is what I'm hoping

That the team plays hard with few mistakes and improves as the season goes along

Better tackling, improved play calling, players in the right position to make plays, etc

Then we know the staff is working with the players and the system is working

Then continue to bring in talent and we'll see

Not looking for many wins as many here we don't expect it

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I currently have Hulu+ Live TV. I may have to consider switching to YouTube TV, but I'll have to do a cost analysis to see if it balances out okay when I still have to pay for ESPN+ and Disney+.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can get the same game and more on NFL+. I’d be good with supporting the coaches but Bidwill is a completely different issue. I’m worn out by another generation of incompetence.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What what?
It worked last year anyway. :) You have to work through some spam so it has it's drawbacks. It's free and that makes that part tolerable.
Here are a couple of links:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The problem is, unless you find a really good "private" streaming site, it's always prone to be slow, low quality, full of garbage ads and malware, and then be shut down in the middle of the broadcast leaving you searching for something. This is how I end up watching most Suns games, since I live out of town.

The NFL is always more likely to cut down on pirated broadcasts since there's less games going on at once.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just cancelled my account with AT&T (DirectTV). I had the account for almost 25 years. I had it so long that they allowed me to only have the NFL Ticket on it & they grandfathered me into the original price of $199/yr. I LOVED being able to watch whatever games I wanted to & may look into YouTube TV if I miss it too much. Today is a sad day for me indeed.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watched the Cards for free all year last year and any other game I wanted. Not
Via Reddit either.
there's a ton of stream sites out there, but the quality is pretty hit or miss and the ads you have to deal with make it nearly not worth the time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's a ton of stream sites out there, but the quality is pretty hit or miss and the ads you have to deal with make it nearly not worth the time.
Nevr had any ads occasional loss of signal then took me 2 mins to jump back in

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’ve bought this for more years than I can recall. However, even though it’s cheaper than tickets, I’m not sure this Cards’ team justifies the investment.
We have a new coaching staff, and that will be fun to see how they are game planning, in game changes, game management, etc. I also enjoy watching new players develop over a season. So while your team may not win, if they play hard, and show improvement over the season, even a losing season can be enjoyable.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just cancelled my account with AT&T (DirectTV). I had the account for almost 25 years. I had it so long that they allowed me to only have the NFL Ticket on it & they grandfathered me into the original price of $199/yr. I LOVED being able to watch whatever games I wanted to & may look into YouTube TV if I miss it too much. Today is a sad day for me indeed.
Now I see Sun/Mercury "might" be on local TV. Who knows for the Diamondbacks? I just moved FROM Youtube TV to DirecTV to get Ballys this last year. I don't mind moving back to YoutubeTV, but hopefully these sports teams won't keep changing to different streaming services. I was shocked that Amazon didn't go all in Sunday Ticket. I was thinking they would discount NFL Sunday Ticket if you already had Amazon Prime.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a new coaching staff, and that will be fun to see how they are game planning, in game changes, game management, etc. I also enjoy watching new players develop over a season. So while your team may not win, if they play hard, and show improvement over the season, even a losing season can be enjoyable.
Definitely want to see the team play hard and improve as the season goes on

Cut down on mistakes, tackle properly, players in correct positions and not being blown out

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Almost every year I struggle with this decision. I enjoy watching football and I enjoy watching young players grow. That said, I prefer to watch quality football and don't want to support a historical loser franchise intentionally losing games.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I just checked prices for YouTube Sunday Ticket. It is $249 before June 6, then $349, plus $79 per month for subscription to other channels.

Without the other channels, it is $349 prior to June 6, and $449 after. It is billed $449 yearly.

I have had Direct TV with Sunday Ticket for over 25 years, and I really like Direct TV overall. I am not switching providers for all my viewing, but I am used to watching all the NFL games. It is now a tough decision whether to pay $20 each week for all the NFL games.

I did not renew my Cardinal season tickets after 25 years, so I will likely use that savings for Sunday Ticket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA