NFL Sunday Ticket

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal, this is also abit off topic but if you go to Walmart and pick up the ONN 4K box ($20) it blows away the firestick (and that Flex box is garbage lol) and you have more options, I'm a streamer and have used every peice of hardware out there and that is a cheap quick little box. Just a option for ya lol

thanks. I should have asked last week I literally just bought a new 4K firestick(refurbished) because mine was having issues.

Will keep the ONN in mind. I have a smart tv but the apps on it suck, everything works better on the fire stick than from the tv.

Flex Box still has not finished the boot up but like I said I don't think I'll ever use it.

I may end up having to get Sling at some point later on during college hoops season so I can get Pac 12 for UCLA games. I did discover I can get NBC, CBS and ABC news via my firestick.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
thanks. I should have asked last week I literally just bought a new 4K firestick(refurbished) because mine was having issues.

Will keep the ONN in mind. I have a smart tv but the apps on it suck, everything works better on the fire stick than from the tv.

Flex Box still has not finished the boot up but like I said I don't think I'll ever use it.

I may end up having to get Sling at some point later on during college hoops season so I can get Pac 12 for UCLA games. I did discover I can get NBC, CBS and ABC news via my firestick.
Oh man haha well if ya ever need streaming advice hit me up lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I personally hate the sticks as they always seem to be way slower than my boxes. Have one for travel but wont get away from the independently powered boxes anytime soon. My Apple TV4k is great and so is the Roku 4k I have.

I also used to have an amazon Fire TV and loved it also. Almost got the fire cube before I decided on the Apple TV 4k (which I think dominates in the space if you can afford it).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man haha well if ya ever need streaming advice hit me up lol

If I had a brain I would have waited until tomorrow so I could watch the NBA finals tonight on cable.

But not to worry I'll get it streaming tonight.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey fam! If anyone is considering getting Direct TV or reacquiring it for the Sunday Ticket, do me a favor and let me know. I have a side biz through which you could sign up with me directly no matter where you live. I would be forever indebted if any of you guys decided to pull the trigger. Mods forgive me if this should not be here. Feel free to remove if need be and I apologize if so! Thank you!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fam! If anyone is considering getting Direct TV or reacquiring it for the Sunday Ticket, do me a favor and let me know. I have a side biz through which you could sign up with me directly no matter where you live. I would be forever indebted if any of you guys decided to pull the trigger. Mods forgive me if this should not be here. Feel free to remove if need be and I apologize if so! Thank you!!!
:thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait... totally confused here. I thought you could get Sunday Ticket ONLY on Youtube now?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is it same costs, or is your offer something different?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wait... totally confused here. I thought you could get Sunday Ticket ONLY on Youtube now?
You are right Cheese!!! I forgot about that! My service actually offers DirectTV, and I was still caught up in the Sunday ticket through them. I stand corrected brotha!!!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Here's the home page for DTV, plus other services should you guys see anything else. It's business and residential services all under one roof. Feel free to peruse family!! Preciate you guys!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right Cheese!!! I forgot about that! My service actually offers DirectTV, and I was still caught up in the Sunday ticket through them. I stand corrected brotha!!!

Actually you CAN get Sunday Ticket through Directv still but only for business.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI I've decided NOT to get Sunday Ticket this year just too expensive for what I expect to be a lose for the draft year anyways.

I'm debating getting NFL + so I can watch games after they're over, I think that's 9.99 a month. Even discounted paying over 20 bucks a game for Sunday Ticket on Youtube is just too much IMO. Especially since you can't pick and choose games still. For example the 2 49er games I'll get for free, and probably a couple of others.

I'll likely get it next year although depends on some things.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI I've decided NOT to get Sunday Ticket this year just too expensive for what I expect to be a lose for the draft year anyways.

I'm debating getting NFL + so I can watch games after they're over, I think that's 9.99 a month. Even discounted paying over 20 bucks a game for Sunday Ticket on Youtube is just too much IMO. Especially since you can't pick and choose games still. For example the 2 49er games I'll get for free, and probably a couple of others.

I'll likely get it next year although depends on some things.
What do you mean that you can't pick games?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean that you can't pick games?

If you told me 20 bucks a game and I can pick which games, that's better I can only pay for the games I can't get free. But if I have to pay 399 for the whole season including the games I'd get for free, 49er games for example.

I made the decision when it was 349 now it's 399. But at 349 it's essentially 20 bucks a game for the whole season.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you told me 20 bucks a game and I can pick which games, that's better I can only pay for the games I can't get free. But if I have to pay 399 for the whole season including the games I'd get for free, 49er games for example.

I made the decision when it was 349 now it's 399. But at 349 it's essentially 20 bucks a game for the whole season.
Ah I understand. That would be cool if you could just order the team that you want instead of buying the whole package.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I jumped on NFL Sunday Ticket when it was $100 off.

Yeah I made the decision not to get it then. I will almost assuredly get it NEXT season but this year with us tanking I think I'm going to just do NFL plus and watch the games later.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah I made the decision not to get it then. I will almost assuredly get it NEXT season but this year with us tanking I think I'm going to just do NFL plus and watch the games later.
We do family days watching football, and it's worth it for me to be able to watch live with my family. We try and make dinners based on the other's teams cuisine. Like SF is seafood. Las Vegas is usually a buffet. Etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do family days watching football, and it's worth it for me to be able to watch live with my family. We try and make dinners based on the other's teams cuisine. Like SF is seafood. Las Vegas is usually a buffet. Etc.

I tend to end up watching the game alone and my dad is moving in a month so that will be even more the case this year. So I'm thinking for one season I might be able to handle watching most of them on delay.

The good news is the 20 dollar indoor antenna I got on Amazon works, I get FOX, CBS, NBC and ABC so I should be able to watch most of the games on FOX or CBS and I have Prime for those games. I don't have NFL network but good with that.

To get FOX I have to move the antenna into a not ideal spot so I can't permanently fix it on the window there but easy to move when not watching it.