Cardinals come tied last in NFLPA player poll

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe. But they have to improve first.

We got three super-effs because they knew about issues and chose not to fix them already. I'm not willing to get on board with the veteran mouthpieces who already got paid (Ertz) and new coaches (Gannon) who weren't here last year talking about change until the vast majority of players say there is change.

Personally, I want to know what the people at the bottom of the roster think. From Dortch to the practice squad.

Also ..... None of this will speak for the employees either. This culture problem has a lot of rotten branches IMO.
Don’t worry; they replaced most of the employees who complained. That’s what healthy corporate cultures do.

Now almost everyone is on a one-year contract for the minimum salary. That’s conducive to extremely honest feedback.

Especially when it’s clear the primary focus is not competing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It will be forgotten as soon as the next report comes out in 2024.
That's not how reputations work! If they improve things, it will be noted. If they don't, it will as well. But no matter how much you hope, the Bidwill stink isn't going away anytime soon.

There have always been whispers about how bad things are in the Cards FO, but those issues have all been brought to light both through surveys and candid feedback from long time employees. All is not well in Cards land, and it's up to Bidwill to enact some major changes, or he should stop holding an entire fanbase hostage.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not how reputations work! If they improve things, it will be noted. If they don't, it will as well. But no matter how much you hope, the Bidwill stink isn't going away anytime soon.

There have always been whispers about how bad things are in the Cards FO, but those issues have all been brought to light both through surveys and candid feedback from long time employees. All is not well in Cards land, and it's up to Bidwill to enact some major changes, or he should stop holding an entire fanbase hostage.
I'm glad that they finally hired a People Operations Manager and that they have autonomy, supposedly. This is a huge step in the right direction.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Per the Athletic...

“The report cards are revealing,” said one veteran agent. “It tells you about organizations. We talk all the time about why organizations are better than others. We just got the reasons.”

Atallah would not reveal the union’s definitions for each grade but did explain that an F-minus meant the union had information that the team knew about an issue and still didn’t fix it. Six teams received at least one F-minus. The Cardinals received three, the only team that super-failed in multiple categories.

“Players describe it as a health and safety risk just to walk through the weight room,” the union wrote in Arizona’s report. “The flooring is nearly a unanimous complaint.”

The NFLPA report card exposed the Cardinals as the only team that charged players for dinner and dinged Arizona for having an outdated facility, not enough athletic trainers on staff and for using a small plane for team travel. When asked about his reaction to the team’s report card grade, a former Cardinals coach giggled. “If you allow the players to speak their truth, they speak their truth,” he said.

“It’s the day-to-day things,” a former Cardinals player said. “And you see the effort that goes into just doing little things. Little things go a long way.”

OOF. OOF... OOF...
So, exactly what most of us thought about the organization. Dumpster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Per Athletic...

The Cardinals put out a statement saying the survey pointed out areas they already knew needed fixing. A Cardinals spokesperson told The Athletic the team was planning on upgrading equipment in the weight room and training room and replacing the turf in the indoor practice facility, an investment they said will cost seven figures.

Gannon said that since he and new general manager Monti Ossenfort were hired this offseason, Arizona has made some “big-time changes.”

“Food, weight room, facilities, contracts,” Gannon said. “Michael (Bidwill) has been fantastic. He really has. He came into my office the other day and he says, ‘I want technology.’ He wanted that talked about and updated.”
I mean that’s great. And like a decade late.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pretty much the lowest point in my almost 50 year fandom.

Things can change but right now I feel bad for the players on this team.

The leadership change gives some reason to hope, but who could possibly be excited about being part of this organization?
Agreed. But reputations are tough to shake, particularly those built, evidenced, and accurate over decades.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Exactly. Even with the improvements under Michael the same old cardinals rep persisted. This is a stink that isn’t going away quickly with some flooring and turf. To say otherwise is folly.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Agreed. But reputations are tough to shake, particularly those built, evidenced, and accurate over decades.
We have the 3rd worst record in the NFL over the last 35 years. Basically since they got to AZ.
7th worst in last 30 years. Same (7th) last 25 years.
10th worst in last 20 years.

From 15 years ago to 5 years ago we were in the middle 10 of the league (12 to 20th worst record)

For the past 5 years we are back to the 7th worst record. And last in our division.

Since 2000 we have had 6 winning seasons. Since they moved to the valley: 7 seasons.
We have had 5 8 win seasons that I didn't count.

We experience a winning season 20% of the time in Cardinal land.
We go to the playoffs once every 6 seasons since they have been in AZ.

#BirdCity

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean that’s great. And like a decade late.
Not to defend the Cardinals but I can't remember who it was that pointed out that the Cardinals did a major remodel of their HQ in 2015. AQ Shipley arrived right after it so, when he says everything was all really old he couldn't have been correct because everything was literally brand new when he arrived.

Michael is better than his father but only by degrees. I hope that someday we see the Bidwills decide to sell the team and we get to see the Cardinals with a mega billionaire come in and take the team to another level.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not to defend the Cardinals but I can't remember who it was that pointed out that the Cardinals did a major remodel of their HQ in 2015. AQ Shipley arrived right after it so, when he says everything was all really old he couldn't have been correct because everything was literally brand new when he arrived.

Michael is better than his father but only by degrees. I hope that someday we see the Bidwills decide to sell the team and we get to see the Cardinals with a mega billionaire come in and take the team to another level.
The way I look at this is that Michaels improvements over his father are still moving slower than his competition. And adjusted for todays market, he is actually moving slower than the old man did when things didn't seem to change as fast as they do today.

If there was an algorithm that compounded over time, the distance between MB and his peer group gets wider and wider by the year.

So yes, he is literally better than his father. But as far as addressing the delta between this franchise and others, the gap continues to widen by compounding factors year over year over year.