NFL Draft rumors until draft day

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
he would be an interesting pick...kind of a mix between conner and david johnson...plays more like a full back.
kid can pass block...

Bamawire listed their top five choices for him to be a good fit....and they listed arizona as the top choice, lol.

not real sure I would want to spend a third round pick on him though.....unless its a comp pick

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From CBS sports.com. I can't post the link from my tablet for some odd reason.

2022 NFL Draft: Dan Campbell appears to hint that Lions will not select QB with No. 2 pick​

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What bothers me the most is that running back. How on earth would someone butcher a cool name like Rashaad and call a guy Rachaad. There's just a limit on wanting to be original
He's one of the better backs ASU has produced.

I like him a lot more than I liked Eno. Explosive, smart runner who is a natural pass catcher.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does the spiraling costs of star receivers take WR off the board in the first round?

If you are drafting a WR in round 1 you want that guy to be a future WR1 right? Maybe not in year 1 unless picking top 10, but probably in year 2.

With Nuk under contract for 3 more seasons does it make sense to potentially waste that cap advantage? Would it not make more sense for a round 2 or 3 receiver who's more likely to be a WR2?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree. I went into the season excited about trayanum and was quickly turned by recognizing white as the superior player.
Chip is a nice player too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see White become at least a rotational back. At the college level, he had outstanding run vision and he runs bigger than his size.

Edwards comparison to Marcus Allen was a pretty good one.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Does the spiraling costs of star receivers take WR off the board in the first round?

If you are drafting a WR in round 1 you want that guy to be a future WR1 right? Maybe not in year 1 unless picking top 10, but probably in year 2.

With Nuk under contract for 3 more seasons does it make sense to potentially waste that cap advantage? Would it not make more sense for a round 2 or 3 receiver who's more likely to be a WR2?
Draft a guy to play 2..... re sign him as a successful 2 before DHop retires....
Then move said player to 1 when hop is gone.

If anything, the rising cost of good WR's makes them a higher priority in the draft

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Chip is a nice player too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see White become at least a rotational back. At the college level, he had outstanding run vision and he runs bigger than his size.

Edwards comparison to Marcus Allen was a pretty good one.
If there is a Marcus Allen in the draft we need to do whatever we have to do to get him on the roster

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

No, unless you think you are so good at the draft that you can qualify who will hit and who will not which is a fool's errand if you then are saying that's a 1 and that guy is a 2 because in the real world most 1st round guys seem not to be all you cracked them up to be and they end up being a fringe two anyways. Yes, the chances of a guy being probably a number 2 when drafted later goes up, but you sure the hell do not draft going for second best because the draft is a crap shoot

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This man knows

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"What I keep hearing over and over and over again is that Trent Baalke has a history of taking the athletic specimen over maybe the sure-thing prospect," Peter Schrager reported on "Good Morning Football" this week, citing some of Baalke's most notable top picks as the former 49ers GM as evidence: tackle Anthony Davis (2010), pass rusher Aldon Smith (2011) and defensive linemen Arik Armstead (2015) and DeForest Buckner (2016) were all drafted earlier than widely expected.

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo echoed Schrager's report Monday, saying he's "heard the chatter (that) Trent Baalke sees a lot of Aldon Smith in Walker," who has seemingly risen up draft boards since his performance at the 2022 scouting combine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been watching some more James Cook and came across this. Georgia moved him around a bunch. Even outside (although tracked by a safety or LB).

He's going to go far higher in this draft than mocks have him. I would imagine Kliff loves his skill set.