New League year New thread. Around the NFL 2020-21.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Von Miller suffered an ankle injury today and may be out for season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouch. Ramsey getting more than Nuk.

I think Ramsey is overrated and this is a terrible deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
1h

A surprise: The Washington Football Team is releasing legendary RB Adrian Peterson, sources tell me and
@MikeGarafolo

The interest there is who is the starter now is it Bryce Love from Stanford who missed all last year rehabbing ACL surgery, is it Antonio Gibson, the David Johnson clone, or is it Peyton Barber? Lots of people apparently think it's Gibson he's owned in 70% of fantasy leagues now but he's a converted WR with 33 total carries in college(don't know about JC), DJ had over 850 carries at UNI. Big and fast, very little RB experience seems like a major issue as a starting RB in the NFL, especially pass protection.

I grabbed Bryce Love late in my draft last night just in case he winds up being the starter. Barber is the guy who has actually played in the NFL, 4 years Tampa Bay, physical runner. There are some reports that say Love is a few weeks away from fully recovered and some that say Gibson is on a short lease because he's so inexperienced so Barber is the guy.

I can't shake this feeling Washington's offense could be REALLY bad. I had them pegged as a team that was going to improve this year with guys getting a year older but so much depends on Haskins who I'm just not that high on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The interest there is who is the starter now is it Bryce Love from Stanford who missed all last year rehabbing ACL surgery, is it Antonio Gibson, the David Johnson clone, or is it Peyton Barber? Lots of people apparently think it's Gibson he's owned in 70% of fantasy leagues now but he's a converted WR with 33 total carries in college(don't know about JC), DJ had over 850 carries at UNI. Big and fast, very little RB experience seems like a major issue as a starting RB in the NFL, especially pass protection.

I grabbed Bryce Love late in my draft last night just in case he winds up being the starter. Barber is the guy who has actually played in the NFL, 4 years Tampa Bay, physical runner. There are some reports that say Love is a few weeks away from fully recovered and some that say Gibson is on a short lease because he's so inexperienced so Barber is the guy.

I can't shake this feeling Washington's offense could be REALLY bad. I had them pegged as a team that was going to improve this year with guys getting a year older but so much depends on Haskins who I'm just not that high on.

McKissic has the nod at starter according to their depth chart

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McKissic has the nod at starter according to their depth chart

he is but virtually nobody expects him to be the #1 RB. He's a 3rd down RB.

Just a few weeks ago people thought Love was competing with Peterson for the starting role so when AD got cut they thought Love was the guy. Apparently they still think he's a few weeks away from physically being back full time so he's 4th now but many think he'll wind up the starter. Everything I see now thinks Gibson and Barber will get the most carries.

Just seems odd they cut AD and now are so unclear as to who is the guy but maybe Turner figured eventually Gibson and Love are the guys so get rid of Peterson now to make room for them later.

If he's healthy I expect Love will be a solid guy for them but their OL on paper stinks, their QB stinks so I don't think any RB they put there is going to have many holes

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They didn’t have choice. Goff restructuring in 3....2....1....

Yup. Stupidly bad contracts are what happens when you trade 2 firsts for 1 year without getting a new deal in right away.

He had Snead over a barrel.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just a random thought. Does anyone buy all this Bills nonsense? I know they will be better, but I'm still not sold on Josh Allen as division winning QB. Pats until proven otherwise!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a random thought. Does anyone buy all this Bills nonsense? I know they will be better, but I'm still not sold on Josh Allen as division winning QB. Pats until proven otherwise!

Yes. Good WR options. Decent TE. Good O line. Great defense.

Allen already showing signs last year of stepping up.

Not buying the Pats. Have you seen their starting linebackers? They lost a couple of OL starters. Plus Chung. Their wide receivers are still so bad Byrd is WR3.

Plus Cam is a major injury concern.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed he was much better last year but he's still erratic.

The key for them is how good the defense turns out to be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ouch. Ramsey getting more than Nuk.

I think Ramsey is overrated and this is a terrible deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He is a good player, but giving up three picks is going to haunt them.

Plus its going to be really hard to keep Kupp...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Not buying the Pats. Have you seen their starting linebackers? They lost a couple of OL starters. Plus Chung. Their wide receivers are still so bad Byrd is WR3.

Thats nice and all, but Josh Allen sucks.

I won't bet against Belichick....or a rejuvenated Newton. The Pats current OL and receivers are better than what Cam had in most years.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BC, you're right on all fronts, but something about the Bills just doesn't do it for me. I was shocked as hell when I saw they cut Sanu. I'm more in line with Belichick's psychological advantage over the division. Talk is cheap and if Cam CAN stay healthy, he can still hurt you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BC, you're right on all fronts, but something about the Bills just doesn't do it for me. I was shocked as hell when I saw they cut Sanu. I'm more in line with Belichick's psychological advantage over the division. Talk is cheap and if Cam CAN stay healthy, he can still hurt you.

Football is a funny game. There are several games this weekend that look like no contests but it's likely at 1-2 of them will be shock results.

I hated Allen coming out, and while he hasn't been awesome he hasn't been terrible either and there was definite improvement in his game. And he's never had good outside receivers to take advantage of his arm. I think with Diggs that changes.

It's hard to bet against BB but the guy can't term water into wine. The starting right tackle is going to be Korey Cunningham, Jermaine Eluemunor or Yodny Cajuste. Wynn at LT has been injured the last 2 seasons. Starting ILB's are Ja'Whuan Bentley and rookie Josh Usch who played edge in college.

They just lost too many starters to opt outs. And while Cam Newton is a good QB, I'm not sure he has the mentality that Brady had that makes up for some of the short comings at receiver.

One thing is for sure. If BB wins with this team he is the GOAT.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Denver expressed interest in signing former Rams’ and Packers’ LB Clay Matthews, but was told he is “not going to play,” per source. Matthews would have been a strong replacement for the injured Von Miller.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

#Eagles TE Zach Ertz, whose extension talks recently broke off, is speaking to local reporters about negotiations “It's been frustrating at times. It's been difficult.” Ertz said he wants to remain in Philly: "I don't know for sure if that feeling is mutual."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Broncos’ WR Courtland Sutton is undergoing an MRI on the shoulder that he injured during practice today, per source. Sutton left practice after the injury, didn’t return and is now being examined to determined the severity of the injury.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave