New Football Uniforms

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Disagree! Geez Gee either you hate everything in 2013 or we are just not agreeing on anything this year :)

I like them and more importantly I think recruits will like them.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
These are dope unis. Needed something a bit more en vogue to lure recruits over here. Oregon has ~40 different combinations of unis, and almost all of them are dope as hell. If you don't have a long tradition like Michigan, Alabama, etc., you need to compensate with aesthetics.

ASU's unis are an eye sore and complete garbage. If the colors of the helmet resemble something I put in the toilet every morning, there are serious problems with the folks who designed them.

Can't wait to get my hands on a blue replica

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The number font and gradiant color fade on the numbers and sleeves is what irks me the most about these.. Heard the NCAA might outlaw the color fading on numbers soon.. Hope that is true..

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The number font and gradiant color fade on the numbers and sleeves is what irks me the most about these.. Heard the NCAA might outlaw the color fading on numbers soon.. Hope that is true..

The UofA got approval from the NCAA to use the faded numbers this year but the NCAA might make them go to solid numbers in 2014.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a #10 blue one from last year before they are nowhere to be found and these ugly flower sleeve and 80's digital clock font jerseys are all you can buy in the stores..

HooverDam

Reaction score
Bleck those are lame. I hate ASUs new uni's too though.

Remember when both ASU and UA football uniforms were sharp as hell?

You must be registered for see images attach

I hate UA, but have to admit, those old White-Blue-White unis from your Desert Swarm years were awesome. The block A is sharp looking, the uniforms were classic without being dull, very nice.

ASUs were great too. Ah well. Now we'll both look like Oregon but with different color schemes.

I feel like this era in NCAA uniforms is going to be looked back on like the mid 90s in NBA uniforms.

You must be registered for see images attach

What were they thinking?

ASU's unis are an eye sore and complete garbage. If the colors of the helmet resemble something I put in the toilet every morning, there are serious problems with the folks who designed them.

If your bowel movements are maroon (or gold) you might want to see a Doctor.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The helmets look brown from a distance. Not maroon.

Do you mean they look like copper? :). Copper helmets or gold/yellow helmets do look a little toilety.

I am not crazy about either teams unis. I prefer the older ones, but I am old.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I like the new uniforms but really wish they would have updated the helmets. They are so plain and just don't go with the new uni's all that well. I never was a fan of the blue helmets. When Stoops added those it kind of showed me he didn't know anything about our tradition. But college football has changed so much the last 10 years you have to have multiple uni's to get the recruits.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I like the new uniforms but really wish they would have updated the helmets. They are so plain and just don't go with the new uni's all that well. I never was a fan of the blue helmets. When Stoops added those it kind of showed me he didn't know anything about our tradition. But college football has changed so much the last 10 years you have to have multiple uni's to get the recruits.

That old tired A looks dated on those unis.

Agreed. Hope they make a change or at least make the A bigger.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're not good... they are not ASU's level of terrible, but they certainly are not a sharp look. I totally agree with Hoover's post. In 10-15 years people will look back on this era of college uniforms in total disgust. Tons of teams going away from classic looks and making "futuristic" trash. Even the Buckeyes and Irish have caved to the trend.

And something about the shade of the red helmet seems off... too light, too bright. Looks like a piece of candy.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Uniform arguments are about as relevant as mascot arguments. The mascot could be a Chia Pet and the team could wear miniskirts for all I care as long as they win football games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson