Never Ending Thread: Jake Plummer Is Better Than Jeff Blake

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I forgot to add that Bidwill's main problem is literally incompetance. He doesn't make the right hiring moves.

ChiefFan

Reaction score
Blake

I notice Blake does a pretty good job of getting his receivers killed. Hell there are at least five balls thrown over the middle to receivers that are left vulnerable while jumping in the air for passes.

The O-line does look solid but I think they have to work on opening up bigger gaps for Shipp/Smith.

As for the D, I agree about the corners, I am impressed with #21 I think his name is Ronaldo Hill, he seems to be involved alot.

Scobey looks good on returns, the D line seems kind of undersized and on the weak side. The linebackers look solid, plus they are quick which is essential with the whole "mobile quaterback" era thats upon us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Blake

Originally posted by ChiefFan
I notice Blake does a pretty good job of getting his receivers killed. Hell there are at least five balls thrown over the middle to receivers that are left vulnerable while jumping in the air for passes.

The O-line does look solid but I think they have to work on opening up bigger gaps for Shipp/Smith.

As for the D, I agree about the corners, I am impressed with #21 I think his name is Ronaldo Hill, he seems to be involved alot.

Scobey looks good on returns, the D line seems kind of undersized and on the weak side. The linebackers look solid, plus they are quick which is essential with the whole "mobile quaterback" era thats upon us.

See Hill does make a lot of plays, but he also gives up a fair share as well. Hill is just too slow to be a starter, he runs a high 4.6, not the 4.5 or 4.4 that is required to be an adequate corner.

The oline has been banged up this year, but we do need a new right tackle, Anthony Clement has been horrible this season. He missed a block against the Ravens on a screen pass to Freddie Jones that surelly would have been a touchdown or close to it.

The defensive line sucks bad, no one except for Tangodnzr would disagree with that. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Blake

Originally posted by ChiefFan

That's the nature of this offense with all the speed guys out injured. The entire passing game is over the middle to the hashmarks left and right. Boldin excels in there and everyone knows it so they're laying in wait on him. Until the outside WR's get healthy and start making plays it's going to continue.

Blake is certainly not blameless but if he decided to not throw any passes to WR's who might get tagged after the catch, he'd throw 60% of the balls away. Johnson, Gilmore, McAddley are all out and those are the 3 speed WR's on the team. Gilmore has to get healthy enough to catch more than one ball a week.

steelrzgirl

Reaction score
I live here in Colorado. Am not a donks fan, as you can tell by my screen name.

I laughed my ass off when they signed Plummer.

But I'll give the guy credit where credit is due. Griese was a punk and NOT a team player and showed no leadership or connection with his team.

Plummer came here and started early (Feb) in making contacts, working out, hanging out with the other players.

He showed he wanted to be in Denver BAD.

HOWEVER, Ive watched him a long time. He's not what Denver is looking for.

They are looking for the not only the next John Elway, but a bail out for Shanahan thinking Griese was the next John Elway.

I predict in a year, they will be hanging Plummer out to dry here. Colorado fans are very fickle and bandwaggony.

I dont think the guy's bad, but the league is full of mediocre quarterbacks. Im a Steeler fan, trust me, I know.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison