Nets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-13-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you not know that the Nets are not just a middling team? They are actually pretty good back east. also.

They’re 13-10… same record as we had going into the game and no one would call us a pretty good anything. That’s a middle team, no bones about it. On the road. Winning. When we had all 3 of the Big 3.

No excuse for losing tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Nets bench had 26 points while the Suns bench produced 14 points.
There's your difference right there. Can't tell me that Allen and Gordon wouldn't have made a difference. And even having Okogie could have given us a better defensive rating in this game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They’re 13-10… same record as we had going into the game and no one would call us a pretty good anything. That’s a middle team, no bones about it. On the road. Winning. When we had all 3 of the Big 3.

No excuse for losing tonight.
I don't call them excuses, I call them reasons, and there are a lot of them, INCLUDING missing critical bench players/shooters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This would have been a worse loss if Little (10) hadn't produced off the bench. Goodwin and KBD only had 2 points each.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the moment we made the trade I thought it had potential to be among the worst trades ever… potential. That potential is being realized far earlier than I thought.

I thought we’d sacrificed years of contention for a minor short term increase. Instead, this current team is not a contender at all.

Gave up the future, the present and made ourselves actively worse.

I’m sitting here on Washington, waiting for the train, but I could not be more disheartened for this franchise.

The most expensive and least exciting team in basketball. This sucks.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah the "BIG 3" if they cant beat this middling team from the east then the season is already lost

Big 3 = a Big Joke - someone else beat me to it by saying 1 of the 3 will sit out the next game
Yeah, it's more like the "Mid 3" instead of the "Big 3". I'm not calling them the "Big 3" anymore from here on out. It just sounds dirty coming out of my mouth.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They get a stop and they have at most 2 or 3 seconds IF they can actually get a rebound. And then KD’s ******* screwed up trying to get a stop anyway when he fouled with 4 seconds left on the shot clock.

Not to mention let Dinwiddie walk the ball up the court and waste 10 seconds then they go for the foul right as he call a timeout. Eddie was calling for a foul right after the KBD dunk .

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you not know that the Nets are not just a middling team? They are actually pretty good back east.

This is Beal's real 2nd game back playing with these guys -- Book especially -- and we didn't have our two best outside shooters also.

We were within 4 of a team at full health and in spite of our horrible coaching.
The Nets are currently 8th place out of 15 teams in the East. That's middling. Better than us though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This team is just stupid. The kd inbound snafu and Booker taking that stupid super long 3 when he didn’t have to are just the latest bits evidence how stupid this team is.

And man kd went unclutch yet again down the stretch.

This team has zero rhythm. It’s like all one-on-one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't like excuses, either. The Suns are 6-7 at home. And they lost to the Spurs twice in Phoenix.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Done with Vogel. We have better talent than what we're seeing here. Dumb mistakes, stupid passing, terrible game management.

I'll admit, I almost wish we got a chance to see this team with Monty at the helm.
I'll bet Williams does too, considering he's riding a 21-game losing streak.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
As frustrating as this team is to watch right now, I won't be giving up on them until they are mathematically out of the playoffs. They have already had a 7 game win streak this season. A couple more of those and we will be just fine.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At the moment we made the trade I thought it had potential to be among the worst trades ever… potential. That potential is being realized far earlier than I thought.

I thought we’d sacrificed years of contention for a minor short term increase. Instead, this current team is not a contender at all.

I’m sitting here on Washington, waiting for the train, but I could not be more disheartened for this franchise.

No one in good faith can make an argument that this team is a contender. I see this especially true come playoff time. It's one thing to catch a team off guard here and there in the regular season. But can you imagine having to play say the Lakers in the first round? Their length and physicality would demolish this weak team to the tune of a sweep or maybe a 4-1 series.

There is literally no hope for the future. KD will get worse/older with every passing game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No one in good faith can make an argument that this team is a contender. I see this especially true come playoff time. It's one thing to catch a team off guard here and there in the regular season. But can you imagine having to play say the Lakers in the first round? Their length and physicality would demolish this weak team to the tune of a sweep or maybe a 4-1 series.

There is literally no hope for the future. KD will get worse/older with every passing game.

What is so discouraging, the Suns can't afford an injury to their "big" three and their defense is terrible.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As frustrating as this team is to watch right now, I won't be giving up on them until they are mathematically out of the playoffs. They have already had a 7 game win streak this season. A couple more of those and we will be just fine.

Nobody’s giving up on them but a team full a veterans with a championship head coach making so many dumb mistakes and turnovers is concerning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. We haven’t seen this team at full strength for even a game and they’re over .500 (albeit barely). Give it a run of health and let’s see what we got. That said, as good of basketball players as they are, they’re basketball IQs leave a lot to be desired. And I’m including the coaching staff in that assessment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I felt pretty alone with being down on the Durant trade. The city was so excited. We had a YOUNG talented core that could have continued to grow.

Tonight's game, this season so far, was depressing and frustrating. It's only December, but we look to have a low ceiling for improvement. Weak with ball handling, not very good on the boards. Constant injuries. Even most of the wins are ... meh.

What I would like to do is check out on watching these guys until around playoff time and see where they are at then. But it's harder to not catch games now.