Nets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-13-2023

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hung with a decent, much younger team on the 2nd of a back to back.

We are also fairly depleted in the 2nd unit. Not to mention it's literally the first game the big 3 have played together.

It has certainly been ugly for stretches, but I feel like some of you are being way too harsh with this team..
Good point, we arguably didn't have our two best bench players in this game. Maybe even 3. Taken as a whole, not having Allen, Okogie and Gordon made a difference.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Vogel is a joke. And Young is a scam artist. This team is embarrassingly bad.
Exactly - nice offense Vogel is running, walking the ball up and bunch of brick launchers watching Booker getting trapped. Then this genius runs offense thru the turn over prone Nurkic, mr half arse lazy passer. These clowns think they can just roll out there and win. I would trade Durant for Bridges/Johnson in a heartbeat. what a joke

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah dumb. Use the clock in your favor and extend the game. We should’ve had at least 3 more possessions after they shot FT’s.
Dumb how? They get a stop and they can tie or take the lead. They were also almost rewarded by almost forcing the turnover, but got a little unlucky with the save slipping through Book's fingers.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
It's still early enough. Big three are supposedly healthy now.
Give the Suns the next 10 games for rotation assignments to
be figured out.
Could be worse;
You don't have Durant or Beal on your team. A little patience at least
til' the new year.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Done with Vogel. We have better talent than what we're seeing here. Dumb mistakes, stupid passing, terrible game management.

I'll admit, I almost wish we got a chance to see this team with Monty at the helm.
Eh, I don’t want to go there. 3 of the worst post season collapses I’ve seen. But yes, so far Vogel stinks and seems clueless.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The offense from 6-3 minutes was crap. Why did we keep trying to make Nurk score! We have Book and Kd on the team.

Then we only had 3 team fouls. 26 seconds a 24 shot clock and we let them run the clock down while we still need two more possessions.

What stupid lack of strategy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dumb how? They get a stop and they can tie or take the lead. They were also almost rewarded by almost forcing the turnover, but got a little unlucky with the save slipping through Book's fingers.

Get a stop and get quality shot with a few seconds left? Terrible strategy. Foul and get the ball back with 20+ seconds left.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why I'm not optimistic:

1. KD is brittle.
2. When teams want to take Booker out of the game through double teams, they do, easily.
3. Inability to stop anyone on defense.
4. Beal is a non factor.
5. Overall lack of physicality.
6. Lack of depth on the bench.

This team is headed straight for the play-in tournament and will fight for their lives to make it out of the 1st round.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nurk had 22 rebounds tonight - we wouldn't have even been in the game

KD (6) * Book (6) * Little (7) * Metu (4) combined for combined for 23 rebounds

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Get a stop and get quality shot with a few seconds left? Terrible strategy. Foul and get the ball back with 20+ seconds left.
And down by 4 instead of 2. Not sure I know of anyone that would use that strategy in that exact scenario.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
You're saying not having Allen and Gordon didn't make a difference? I know you're emotional right now but come on.
Yeah the "BIG 3" if they cant beat this middling team from the east then the season is already lost

Big 3 = a Big Joke - someone else beat me to it by saying 1 of the 3 will sit out the next game

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah the "BIG 3" if they cant beat this middling team from the east then the season is already lost

Big 3 = a Big Joke - someone else beat me to it by saying 1 of the 3 will sit out the next game
Do you not know that the Nets are not just a middling team? They are actually pretty good back east.

This is Beal's real 2nd game back playing with these guys -- Book especially -- and we didn't have our two best outside shooters also.

We were within 4 of a team at full health and in spite of our horrible coaching.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They get a stop and they have at most 2 or 3 seconds IF they can actually get a rebound. And then KD’s ******* screwed up trying to get a stop anyway when he fouled with 4 seconds left on the shot clock.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets bench had 26 points while the Suns bench produced 14 points.